Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 160425 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch
« Reply #1575 on: May 28, 2018, 01:36:04 pm »

I think not, no. I'm not sure if it's specifically one second ago, but I think his melee swing, charge, and ultimate are all one of those rare server side abilities, so they're based on where you were on the server when you hit the command. Even worse is that those abilities are not favor-the-shooter, so as long as the opponent reacts in time on their screen, what you see on your screen does not matter. Firestrike is the only ability he has that's client side and favor-the-shooter.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 27, 2018, 05:41:14 am »

The LFG queue system was just implemeted, and I've had more fun in the last day than the last year in this game, it's fantastic! For those who don't know, it allows you to queue up for a certain role to play so that your team comp is set before you get into a match, I love it.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 27, 2018, 08:13:51 am »

All the comp games I played before the season ended included communication, and I feel that's a byproduct of the endorsement system. Can't wait to see how the next season goes

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 27, 2018, 09:54:49 am »

The endorsements are great, people are being overly friendly and helpful to get them. Hopefully through repetition they start being nice out of habit.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 27, 2018, 03:46:36 pm »

The LFG queue system was just implemeted, and I've had more fun in the last day than the last year in this game, it's fantastic! For those who don't know, it allows you to queue up for a certain role to play so that your team comp is set before you get into a match, I love it.
Is there a specific team comp that the queue looks for?  Cause I know we've had 2/2/2 metas, but also a 1/2/3 meta (swapped dps for healer) and I think we even had a 4/0/2 or 4/1/1 meta once.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 27, 2018, 04:45:47 pm »

You can set it up to be nearly whatever you want, with the following criteria (I might be missing some stuff)
  • Team chat required or not (Microphones)
  • Number of players in party/party limit 2-6. You can stop searching for more players and get ready to join a game if you don't want to wait to fill up the last slots. Currently the game is so lively that all slots continue to fill up for me within at most a minute, and since there are so many 6-stacks right now, queue times have plummeted for people in groups. I haven't actually played by myself since the update.
  • Requested roles for each party member slot. Options include tank, support, dps, and flex
  • Whether or not roles are enforced. With this set to on, if someone joined the party as, say, a tank, only tank characters will be there for them to pick in-game.
  • Required endorsement level. Generally, a higher endorsement level requirement will filter out trolls/throwers/leavers/etc. You cannot join a party that has a required endorsement level higher than what you have. In fact, you cannot even see them in the LFG queue
  • What gamemode will be played. Quickplay, arcade, and competitive. I'm not sure how the comp sr range works in LFG, although I know that there are the limits that are usually present.

Quite a bit of stuff that leads to more teamwork, friendliness, and overall better quality games IMO. Hopefully it lasts, as there are long-term benefits to having a high endorsement level, and a good way to get endorsements is to search for team slots that need to be filled. I've been enjoying playing main tank in quick play, which is something I never thought I'd say. When I've finished with the game, I go back to LFG and look for another party that needs a tank. This update is fantastic and by and far the best update to the game period, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 04:47:28 pm by Scarlet_Avenger »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: June 29, 2018, 10:39:37 am »

Hamsters
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 29, 2018, 01:30:05 pm »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: June 30, 2018, 09:40:37 pm »

Hamtaro looks fun. I have literally no clue how he'll play, but his adaptive shield giving him 1000-1300 HP for 7 seconds makes for some crazy engage potential. It's like having an on-demand winston ult, except it gives the enemy no ult charge when they damage it.

Kind of feel bad for Rein though, if hamtaro becomes meta he'll be more of a liability on defense than anything. He can push Rein around and gains a huge boost if the team is grouped up around Rein's shield. Ham's ult seems really powerful against Rein/Orisa too, considering how slow they are; just setting up the mines in front of Rein will either kill him or force him to put down his shield and charge away, leaving the team without a tank.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 06:50:53 am by Rex_Nex »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: June 30, 2018, 10:33:18 pm »

I don't play Overwatch but I approve of anything with a playable hamster. Good job Blizzard.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #1585 on: July 01, 2018, 04:28:26 am »

RIP Sym tele. 2015-2018
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: July 01, 2018, 11:12:59 am »

Kind of feel bad for Rein though

Rein hasn't been relevant for a while but that's ok because that's how OW is balanced.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: July 01, 2018, 12:00:10 pm »

Rein is pretty relevant right now though, he's one of the most picked characters. Doesn't stop him from having some inconsistencies from bugs, however...

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: July 01, 2018, 01:20:08 pm »

Aye. Rein still very much has a place in Overwatch; though, it is a smaller place than what it used to be.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: July 01, 2018, 01:26:59 pm »

Aye. Rein still very much has a place in Overwatch; though, it is a smaller place than what it used to be.

There's a reason I'd joke among friends by referring to rein as just "Rectangle"

Granted, that's the whole point of the character, but I've always had more fun hammering people than being mobile cover for the team.  Just like his short.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107