Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: You are a Sleeping Power (0/4) (Decision of who are participants on 3/15/15)  (Read 4480 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Sleeping Power (0/4)
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 08:15:56 pm »

How many points do we have to distribute between the stats?

All start at 0 (no bonus or penalty to actions).  To modify the stats, you lower one and increase another.

Are the stats for our sleeping god?

The sleeping being.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 08:36:15 pm »

Alrighty then. Setting gestators on full.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 09:03:43 pm »

Sooooo we should use that sheet?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 10:51:45 pm »

Sooooo we should use that sheet?

Yes.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 11:12:06 pm »

Known Name: xlawkwerk
Actual Name: (Pm this information, as knowledge of this allows certain mechanics to be activated)
Ideals: Ensuring destiny follows it's course, protecting the fabric of time. Time keeping and recording of all history. Fanatic followers keep either devicec or written record of their every action and observation.

Repulsive Ideas: Time travelers outside of my cult who meddle in my eventual awakening, Those who seek to subvert their destiny.

History: As part of a self induced time loop, my awakening and self creation required me to be created asleep until certain events take place, where I would then control time immortal, and cause my own creation. this process prevents me from using my power at any point up until my awakening however, including even the limited abilities of my sleeping form.

Statistics
Intelligence: 0     (Determines  how quick your character is, allowing access to more actions you have the ability to use.)
Guile: -5   (Determines how easily you can convince a target.)
Will: 5   (Determines how many long term actions you can have.)
Luck: 10   (Increases your ability to manipulate fate.)
Power: -10   (Determines how you easily you can summon beings.)

(Is this ok?)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:37:36 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 11:19:13 pm »

Luck: ∞   (Increases your ability to manipulate fate.)
Power: -∞   (Determines how you easily you can summon beings.)
Lol. PTW. This'll be good.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 11:28:17 pm »

No.

I should mention, fate is more in line with 'this person will do something significant.'  This 'something' is non-specific, and, as I'm sure you've thought of it, it cannot be done against you or another power.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 11:31:13 pm »

No.

I should mention, fate is more in line with 'this person will do something significant.'  This 'something' is non-specific, and, as I'm sure you've thought of it, it cannot be done against you or another power.
Can it be an arbitrarily large integer? Or a large arbitrary integer? Like 8425644645231?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2015, 11:32:18 pm »

Can I Switch it to 20/-20? And for the record, I was just looking for Interesting situations caused by the automatic failure of all summoning and the like, along with the whole time travel theme would result in my character Having a lot of significant events surrounding him due to destiny shenanigans.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:36:33 pm by Shadestyle »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 11:33:18 pm »

I'm going to PTW/in, but I need to get to sleep.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2015, 11:35:11 pm »

Can it be an arbitrarily large integer? Or a large arbitrary integer? Like 8425644645231?

At most, 10.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2015, 11:37:18 pm »

Ok then, 10/-10 it is. Sheet changed to reflect it.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2015, 11:38:31 pm »

At most, 10.
Eh, I'll just pretend that's in base 8425644645231.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2015, 11:39:13 pm »

At most, 10.
Eh, I'll just pretend that's in base 8425644645231.

It's in the ordinary base.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 01:05:25 am »

Hope this is an interesting power and fits the setting.

Known Name: Baya, Life-giver, The Swarm Below

Actual Name: (Pm this information, as knowledge of this allows certain mechanics to be activated)

Ideals: Change and growth, celebration of life and intelligence in all it's forms.  Constant striving to become better, experience new things and overturn existing norms.  Change can take a long time, but it must be ongoing, forever.  Monsters, murder, gluttony and destruction (among other things) are perfectly reasonable things to strive towards.

Repulsive Ideas: Slavery and dependance, whether to other people or ideas, including her own.  Forces which stifle change are also to be overcome, or more accurately they will be overcome and her followers help it along.  Most forms of necromancy or robotics would be opposed, particularly if it is mindless, widespread or stagnant.

History: Baya is a primordial entity who formed and was formed by the first living things in the world/universe.  She helped in the creation of the biosphere of the world and the many wonderful things inside it, though not any intelligent creatures, 'mortals' were created by others.  Through infesting and reviving corpses as avatars she gained an understanding and interest in intelligent creatures. 

She considered all life an extension of herself and was confused by the suffering intelligence caused.  She offered mortals power and new forms in a quest for improvement.  Baya considered tricking or forcing people a form of self deception, though every pact made with her would result in inevitable corruption into a new form.

She was part of a pantheon of many primordial beings and was one of the last ones to be destroyed or exiled by new gods and powerful mortals.  She made a deal with the powers that were banishing the first gods to go deep under the ground and sleep as long as they held power, in exchange her followers would be allowed to live in peace.  The deal was accepted as no one really knew the extent of her power to create new monsters or even end life.  Baya's sleep is self imposed but no less powerful for it, she keeps her word, though if her followers were harassed or the gods weaken then...

Statistics
Intelligence:    0(Mindless swarm intelligence combined with thousands of separate minds imprinted on over eons)
Guile:    -5(Truthful to the point of blunt, often over unsettling things)
Will:      0(Has long term plans, but easily distracted)
Luck:      -5(It is the place of mortals to change their own fate or suffer what may)
Power:   +10(Never even really stopped creating things while asleep)

Physically made of millions(billions, trillions?) of slimy worms/bugs/things living underground and spread across wide areas, could (before sleeping) infest and revive corpses who died before their time for a temporary avatar.
Pages: 1 [2] 3