Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: You are a Sleeping Power (0/4) (Decision of who are participants on 3/15/15)  (Read 4481 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Sleeping Power (0/4)
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2015, 01:08:12 am »

Known Name: Vanzit the Deceiver
Actual Name: (Pm this information, as knowledge of this allows certain mechanics to be activated)
Ideals: Deceit. Lies. Manipulation. The little nudges that topple the kingdoms of old and the empires of yore. Knowledge is power they say. What they don't say, is to use the power.. You must first know how to lie. Vanzit praises the gathering of knowledge and the manipulation of others for the gain of self. Vanzit expects Its followers to gather information and use it, as well as fabrications and deceit to empower themselves through whatever means are available. Wealth is a form of empowerment, as would acquiring a position of political power. Manipulation of media is an excellent choice for with that brings control of the masses..

Repulsive Ideas: Lost knowledge is wasted power. Vanzit abhors the loss of such. Although Vanzit seeks to spread chaos and empower Its followers through deceit and trickery, truth has its place as well. Truth is not necessarily bad, infact, in some cases, it is better then a lie. The worst thing a person can hear is the truth. Many have their own little worlds, and when those are broken, people break. Vanzit dislikes when people live in their own little minds. Remove their masks, shatter their world. Show them the truth through lies. Break them with your Truth.

History: Vanzit has existed since the first sapient minds developed the concepts of truth and falsehoods. At first, It was naught but a little thread of existence. However, as more minds learned discovered the concepts, more threads formed, Its thread knit with the other threads. Now Its was a string. And Its string knit with other strings. And now Its was a rope. And Its rope is knitting with others. Growing larger and larger. Its mind is forming slowly. Vanzit was technically never awake to begin with. It is only now starting to stir..

Statistics
Intelligence: 5
Guile: 10
Will:   5
Luck:    -10
Power: -10

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

My history was not supposed to be so long...  :-[ Oh well, gogo mythology mishmash, with some originality sprinkled in for flavour.

Known Name: Stareater, Dweller in the Darkness, Hollow Dreamer
Actual Name: (Pm this information, as knowledge of this allows certain mechanics to be activated)

Ideals:
The propagation of the number eight, arachnids, octopi and darkness.
To smell the scent of a flower covered with the blood of blind child, at least once a year, thereafter the flower must be dissolved in acid.
To read with the touch of fingers upon writing.
If a fowl is slaughtered, it's heart must be crushed under a bare foot.
If you trip over a tortoise you must feast upon it's flesh within a eight days.
Followers must consume something toxic at least once every eight years.
Sleep dreams must be recorded. Waking dreams must never be shared with anyone.
Scatter mothdust over your threshold once every eight months.

Repulsive Ideas:
The destruction of light, of sight, of eyes. The sun is the greatest foe, the moon its vile ally. Any follower must be missing function in at least one eye, whether from deliberate maiming/removal or other reasons. Blindfolds are encouraged. Lighthouses must be razed to the ground, streetlamps snuffed out, fireflies exterminated, eyes gouged from their sockets.
Time unchained is anathema, it must be bound by clocks and calendars, by schedules and recorded histories, future and past, corralled, the present, imprisoned by constant ticking.
If a beetle or millipede is seen, must vomit to purify self, preferably on it.
May not build wooden buildings

History:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Statistics
Intelligence: +2 (The Stareater is quite quick and cunning it believes)
Guile: -10 (Food. Not-Food. Slaves. Thing that has to DIEDIEDIE. Useful Slave.)
Will: +4 (Even in dreaming it plots and plans)
Luck: +2 (Lucky to be alive)
Power: +2 (They answer the call. Sometimes.)

And because my muse isn't done yet, Bonus Material! (Feel free to disregard)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:05:35 am by Demonic Spoon »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile

Known Name: The One True Dandy
Ideals: Fabulousity and icecream.
Repulsive Ideas: Burlap and pie.
History: The Great Fop was once a powerful galactic flâneur, wandering the stars making fashionable what was once gauche and destroying all forms of the repulsive pie. Then one day(?) the Burlapians of Soquasta lured Him into a Barneys. But it was not a Barneys, it was a Goodwill! And so to protect Himself from the burning acidity of tackiness He went into a Great Slumber.

Statistics
Intelligence:4
Guile: 10
Will:   -10
Luck:   -10
Power: 6
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:48:40 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Statistics
Intelligence: 20
Guile: 30
Will:   -80
Luck:   0
Power: 30
We have a limit of 10, can't go lower than -10, and I think can't go higher than 10

Can it be an arbitrarily large integer? Or a large arbitrary integer? Like 8425644645231?

At most, 10.

EDIT:
Just want to say that I rather like this one. Elegant concept and design.

EDIT2: And feedback from the gm re: setting stuff would be nice. Are we free to make up various details (like I did), or are we working within the framework of an existing setting, and if so, can we get more information on the setting. If the former, what do we do if two of the entries clash on specifics of a particular detail? I don't believe that's happened so far (indeed, I believe with a little work my history could flow together nicely with that of the swarm one) but I am curious.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:26:11 pm by Demonic Spoon »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile

Known Name: The Keeper of Minds
Ideals:
The mind. It is to be studied at all costs. Not only the way it works when healthy, but the way it strains or breaks under stress. The findings must then be written in a tome devoid of any animal products.
Calm, calculated action must rule any who follow the Keeper.

Repulsive Ideas:
Symbols of or relating to blood, flesh, or bones. If a follower finds these, the symbols must be lit aflame (or doused in alcohol if non-flammable), and the still-burning remains must be pressed onto the still-living body of the possessor. The remains must then be ground, then scattered to the winds.
Any notion of a soul must be struck through with an inky-black dye. If it is encountered through speech, the speaker thereof must be taken to be 'studied'.
If a follower is to encounter (flowing or pooling) blood, they must clean it, then bleach or stain anything that touched the blood pure white.

History: The Keeper was "born" far before the time of man, when the first semblance of life reacting to the environment surrounding it. After nudging the 'minds' of a few organisms, the Keeper let itself slumber into the far future, as it had already deduced all it could get from the simple action-reaction logic of the microbes at the time. It waits to awaken when life is sufficiently advanced to offer new knowledge.

Statistics
Intelligence: 10
Guile: 8
Will: 2
Luck: -10
Power: -10

((Everything look good?))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-

Just want to say that I rather like this one. Elegant concept and design.

-snop-
Thanks~

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

EDIT2: And feedback from the gm re: setting stuff would be nice. Are we free to make up various details (like I did), or are we working within the framework of an existing setting, and if so, can we get more information on the setting. If the former, what do we do if two of the entries clash on specifics of a particular detail? I don't believe that's happened so far (indeed, I believe with a little work my history could flow together nicely with that of the swarm one) but I am curious.

For the most part you can put in as much as you want, as this is set at a point so far from when the powers had fallen into a sleep state that most, if not all in some cases, of what they remember would not be true anymore.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just realized that The Keeper is basically an Eldritch Vegan Librarian.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just realized that The Keeper is basically an Eldritch Vegan Librarian.
And you're a politician slash scholar slash gossipmonger?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More or less~

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

What does that make me?
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile

The po-po. I am of course a mighty dandy and proud of it.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

Known Name: Hatorial, the Shaper of Goals

Ideals: Personal achievement above all else. Flesh is weak, mind is limited, spirit is fleting. Only works and achievements remain. One can only be recognised by what marks they leave on the world.

If you see value, claim it.
If you have power, use it.
Ravage the land, and forge it's body into monuments of your greatness.

If you see an enemy, kill it.
If you come upon a fortress, burn it.
When death asks how it would know you, tell it to ask those that came before you.

Never plead, take your goal by your own hands.
Never negotiate, enforce your will by power.
Judgment of inferiors is irrelevant, do what you must, for one is not remembered for deeds they have not done.

Repulsive Ideas: Those who gain praise for stories of others - bards, musicians, storytellers and such.
Those who lie abaut their acomplishments - they waste time of both theirs and others.
Those that seek to control from the shadows - they are cowards who desire reward without risk.

History: Hatorial once was a god among many ruling over a universe. His followers were unscrupulous people, brute forcing their way into position of power. They claimed many worlds, forged mighty weapons and saught greater and greater glory at the cost of ever increasing damage to reality. Their end came when they elected to try to drag deities from their thrones and become most powerfull beings in existence. Divine council banished both them and Hatorial outside reality. Over time, Hatorials followers killed eachother in atempts to prove their superiority, and then forgoten god drifted away into sleep. It now drifts outside realities, waiting to be called and awakened to conquer anew.

Statistics
Intelligence:    10
Guile:   0
Will:           -10
Luck:   -10
Power:   +10
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So are we going to learn who is participating soon or?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:50:24 am by Demonic Spoon »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I had meant to post this yesterday.  Due to a death in my family, the selection process is being delayed for a time.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 2 [3]