Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gator Wrasslin! (Superdwarven training program)  (Read 4469 times)

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gator Wrasslin! (Superdwarven training program)
« on: March 12, 2015, 08:10:20 am »

Wanna punch the head off a Bronze Colossus? Wanna uproot an entire tree full of elves and caber toss it into the next forest? Wanna be SWOL?
Of course you do. But how? Well, read on and find out!

You need at least Adequate Swimming, Armor User and Dodge to do this, but more doesn't hurt, and you will get more very quickly.

Set your combat preferences to
Attack: Close Combat,
Charge Defense: Stand Ground,
Dodge: Stand Ground.

Alternatively, if you want a bigger bonus to Dodge instead of Shield user, set them to Dodge Away/Move Around instead of Stand Ground.

Put on a full suit of armor, a shield and a weapon. Find a river with alligators in it, and park your companions a short walk away, or they will drown.

Jump in the river and find some alligators. Slap each of them once with your weapon. This raises the conflict level to Lethal, without harming them seriously. Preferably you should have a group of angry alligators around you.

Set your speed to Creeping Swim, and press "s" to lie down in the water.

Now, move around the alligators, but don't attack them. You should see several screens of this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This will raise your Dodge, Observer, Shield User, Armor User and especially Fighter at a ridiculous rate, enough to obtain legendary stats in a few minutes. It will also raise your Swimming as usual. When you're done, move into the alligators to wrestle them until you get Tired, then wait a while and repeat. You are now a legendary Wrestler. Finally, sheathe your weapon and shield, set your Combat Preference to Strike, and punch the alligators to death.

Climb out of the river and enjoy being the fastest, toughest, strongest adventurer out there. You won. Congratulations to Urist McGatorWrangler, the legendary hero.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:30:31 am by Magnus »
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Gator Wrasslin! (Superdwarven training program)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 11:14:44 am »

Raising skills gives some stat gain but not as much as it used to, though that is a much more proactive version of catwrasslin, the safer way to superboost your shield/dodge/armor/fighter/wrestling skills, but I approve of the gatorpunching... wish I could make kids I rescue stop doing this without armor.

The Dwarven Child bites the Alligator in the lower body, bruising the muscle and brusing the stomach.
The Alligator looks sick!
The Alligator vomits, the vomit disappears into the water.
The Dwarven Hero who just fought through an army of Goblins to bring these children out of danger just places her palm on her forehead and sighs dejectedly.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 12:36:05 pm »

Raising skills gives some stat gain but not as much as it used to, though that is a much more proactive version of catwrasslin, the safer way to superboost your shield/dodge/armor/fighter/wrestling skills, but I approve of the gatorpunching... wish I could make kids I rescue stop doing this without armor.

The Dwarven Child bites the Alligator in the lower body, bruising the muscle and brusing the stomach.
The Alligator looks sick!
The Alligator vomits, the vomit disappears into the water.
The Dwarven Hero who just fought through an army of Goblins to bring these children out of danger just places her palm on her forehead and sighs dejectedly.

Ah yeah. I just found my first dark fortress. Got a horde of about 40 kids now, I don't know if I'll ever be able to bring them all back.
At least they'll make for good chow when I get thirsty...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 01:02:10 pm »

They will flip out on you though, but you can find the closest spot with a relative and ask them to adopt others, they'll generally do it since you become a legendary hero for bringing one back.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 01:20:05 pm »

One thing I found odd is that after doing this for less than an ingame day, all my Strength/Agility/Toughness/Endurance/Kinaesthetic/Spatial/Willpower was at Superdwarven. My max sprint speed was at 3.4 I think. Then I became a vampire, which supposedly doubles your stats, but when I did my strength dropped to Superior and my speed is now at 3.2. Any ideas? I do have an Infection in my right hand, does that still evolve when you're a vampire?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 09:11:37 pm »

You're so muscular that your speed went down due to the extra bulk, oh and vampirism doesn't properly display stat changes.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 09:16:40 pm »

While gator wrestling is definitely more Dwarven, it's simply a lot safer to instead grab a crippled crab or horseshoe crab for practice.

One thing I found odd is that after doing this for less than an ingame day, all my Strength/Agility/Toughness/Endurance/Kinaesthetic/Spatial/Willpower was at Superdwarven. My max sprint speed was at 3.4 I think. Then I became a vampire, which supposedly doubles your stats, but when I did my strength dropped to Superior and my speed is now at 3.2. Any ideas? I do have an Infection in my right hand, does that still evolve when you're a vampire?

I think strength, at a certain point, becomes detrimental to speed when it's especially excessive. Something about how those muscles get in the way of movement or somesuch. That tends to happen to vampires and other creatures that already trained high strength scores to start with.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 04:45:00 pm »

You forgot to burn off all your body fat.
Not haveing body fat makes you much better at with standing heat as melting fat brings heavy blood loss.
Even wih out fat you can still burn  but it's much slower.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 05:05:51 pm »

Not haveing body fat makes you much better at with standing heat as melting fat brings heavy blood loss.

Then I'd probably want to build a magma crab turret in a fort and send him there.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 05:15:39 pm »

After this you need to go to a necro tower and learn the secrets of life and death, then when THAT is done you have to find a huskifying/thralling region and camp out there.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 05:54:59 pm »

After this you need to go to a necro tower and learn the secrets of life and death, then when THAT is done you have to find a huskifying/thralling region and camp out there.
Other way round. I don't care how good you are, it's impossible to fight zombies without [NOEXERT], and you usually can't get it without cheating or becoming undead.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 06:07:05 pm »

Eeeh... I dunno, won't everybody hate me if I become a thrall? I still want to rescue kids and stuff.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 06:17:56 pm »

Because you look like an unnatural ripped monster of a humaniod.

The bells the bells
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.