Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43

Author Topic: Seeker of Spellcraft (SG)  (Read 47008 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Seeker of Spellcraft (SG)
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2015, 04:57:18 pm »

I'm fine with some coin flipping tbh.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2015, 04:58:45 pm »

Hunting dogs normally aid hunters hunt. They aren't normally automatous.
Rats, mice, rabbits, squirrels, and other small animals shouldn't be out of their reach. It's not as extravagant as boar, bear, or deer but we can survive on it, especially if we get some Herbalist in on the action. The hunting dog can also alert us of dangers like wolf packs, bears, and boars.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2015, 05:56:14 pm »

Jehundik Vanyik
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You are Jehundik Vanyik, the child of the local herbalist and the most skilled hunter in Ask-Heart, and from them you have learned their trades.

From your mother you learned how to distinguish between the many kinds of local plantlife. You can form poultices and medicines, and you know which roots and mushrooms are full in nutrition, and which will kill you if not not prepared correctly. If you had a mind to, you could apply these skills to the creation of poisons, or improve meals with local herbs.

From your father you learned how to earn your meal by bow and spear. You know how to lure and trap rabbits, how to track a stag, and with help you can flush out a boar and ambush it. You can also find the tell-tale signs of dangerous creatures such as bears, and slink off to safety should you find yourself in a dangerous animals territory. You can skin, gut and clean your prize, and are probably one of the better fighters in the village, though there is little call for arms in a place as peaceful as your home.

The place mentioned in your book could be as far as a month of travel away, it may be wise to prepare first if you wish to seek such a place.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:40:53 pm by Mlamlah »

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2015, 06:09:15 pm »

Try to acquire some non-perishable foods and a couple of water bottles.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2015, 06:18:24 pm »

Alright, we don't start off with a hunting dog but it's not impossible for us to get one. We'll need something to carry water in, some preserved food, maybe some money, and a large sack to haul furs and trophies with. A blank book and some charcoal would certainly be of help with recording magical experiments of ours. We might also want to take some healing poultices with us so we don't have to scavenge for the materials necessary when we're injured. A tinderbox or something similar will be of great help with starting fires. A wooden pole for long-distance walking and miscellaneous uses. We'll need various lengths of ropes for snares or tying up animals or items and such. It might be wise to see if anyone else wants to come with us. They should be younger than us so that we have authority to boss them around.

Bring the following:
Hunting dog
Flask or waterskin
Preserved food
Money
Trophy/fur sack
Blank book
Charcoal sticks
Healing poultices
Tinderbox
Wooden pole/stick
Various lengths of rope

Ask around to see if anyone younger than us wants to come along.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2015, 06:27:42 pm »

Alright, we don't start off with a hunting dog but it's not impossible for us to get one. We'll need something to carry water in, some preserved food, maybe some money, and a large sack to haul furs and trophies with. A blank book and some charcoal would certainly be of help with recording magical experiments of ours. We might also want to take some healing poultices with us so we don't have to scavenge for the materials necessary when we're injured. A tinderbox or something similar will be of great help with starting fires. A wooden pole for long-distance walking and miscellaneous uses. We'll need various lengths of ropes for snares or tying up animals or items and such. It might be wise to see if anyone else wants to come with us. They should be younger than us so that we have authority to boss them around.

Bring the following:
Hunting dog
Flask or waterskin
Preserved food
Money Our currency would never be accepted.
Trophy/fur sack
Blank book
Charcoal sticks
Healing poultices
Tinderbox
Wooden pole/stick
Various lengths of rope

Ask around to see if anyone younger than us wants to come along.

Some of the stuff I agree with the rest I don't. By the way is this High medieval fantasy or some kind of steam punk fantasy?

EDIT: Also we should take a second read on the book the woman gave us. I remember something about magic and we could do with knowing what those spells do.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:30:18 pm by 3man75 »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2015, 06:36:37 pm »

I reckon our currency would be accepted. Remember, in these times currency was made out of gold, silver, and proper metals. The values of currency weren't as arbitrary as they are now.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2015, 06:41:10 pm »

Possessions:
Sturdy Hunting Bow
Thick Fur Cloak
Sharp Steel Knife
Worn Boots
Several sets of Woodsman's Clothes
Extra Bowstrings
A Candle
Set of Herbalists Tools (Including mortar, pestle, and small blades capable of precisely hooking or cutting under good lighting.)
A Small Book of Cantrips (read by candlelight)

The above is what we have.

Lets just get some food and and a water skin filled with water. We should also ask about the direction we are going and explaining to our parents our intentions to explore the world. Do not mention the lady that visited us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2015, 06:42:54 pm »

The above is what we have.

Lets just get some food and and a water skin filled with water. We should also ask about the direction we are going and explaining to our parents our intentions to explore the world. Do not mention the lady that visited us.
That is indeed what we currently have.

Why not get the other stuff as well? There's no reason not to.

EDIT: Get a quiver and some arrows as well.

EDIT2: A couple extra candles for when our one goes out.

EDIT3: And a bedroll!

EDIT4: A backpack to carry all our stuff in would probably be useful.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:48:08 pm by Andres »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2015, 06:46:38 pm »

The trip will take a month give or take.

"The place mentioned in your book could be as far as a month of travel away..."

Packing light will stop a burden on ourselves and make it easier in case were attacked along the way.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2015, 06:51:26 pm »

Alright, but we do need to take certain things with us to ensure our survival.

Spoiler: Amended Shopping List (click to show/hide)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2015, 06:55:37 pm »

Alright, but we do need to take certain things with us to ensure our survival.

Spoiler: Amended Shopping List (click to show/hide)

+1

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2015, 07:00:58 pm »

Do we have the money to buy all this stuff?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2015, 07:11:28 pm »

Do we have the money to buy all this stuff?
Beg,borrow and steal. No buying far too expensive.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2015, 07:24:08 pm »

The community is very closeknit, your parents and certainly some of the other people you've lived your whole life with would probably be perfectly willing to provide you with basic supplies if you announce your intention to go on a long journey. Other things you could possibly even work for if you chose to tarry, as you're a generally capable person and there is always demand for another pair of hands.
The flow of currency in such a small community is not sufficient enough for coinage to change hands often, and you have no coins to speak of. It's possibly you could beg or work for a small measure of money however.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43