Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43

Author Topic: Seeker of Spellcraft (SG)  (Read 47021 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seeker of Spellcraft (SG)
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2015, 07:32:04 pm »

Nah, just get the equipment and get traveling.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2015, 07:38:03 pm »

Nah, just get the equipment and get traveling.
You mean the equipment I suggested in my list?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2015, 08:10:36 pm »

Yeah.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2015, 08:14:16 pm »

Lets get this show on the roads

"Mother. Father. I wanted to talk to you."

"I've been really bored in the village and nothing interests me. After that stranger told me the stories of an outside world I have been playing with the idea of leaving. An I've come to the conclusion that I do want to leave. I promise to come back one day and I ask for your blessings to leave this village."

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2015, 10:44:19 pm »

Jehundik Vanyik
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You waste little time in making your preparations and making it clear to your parents that you intend to leave, and that you are not sure when you may return. Your parents have long expected that one day you might outgrow the town, and ask only that you keep them in your thoughts and send word to them when you may. Your father provides you with his own hip-quiver, along with two dozen ash-tipped arrows, flint and a whetstone. Your mother gives you herbs ready to be made into a poultice, and a single silver coin. You use tallow to make extra candles and take a supply of food from your parent's stores.

1d20 -4 (untrained diplomat) +6 (loved by neighbors) = 20
You make into town and arrange to speak with the other young folk, explaining to them that you wish to see the world and are looking for trusted friends to come with you. Three are willing to come with you, about half of those you thought to ask. The first is Alek the only son of the town's carpenter, a charming young man a year your junior. The second is Maergor a quiet fisherman with few friends five years older than you, and a large beast of a man. The third is Veila, the fifthborn daughter of an aged farmer well known for her sharp tongue and quick feet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2015, 10:55:10 pm »

No character prompt? What do we do now?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2015, 11:04:28 pm »

Mostly wondering who you want to bring, and whether you want to instruct them to bring anything. Then want to get this moving along.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2015, 11:20:03 pm »

Definitely bring Maergor and Veila. We can use Maergor's brute strength and Veila can be our diplomat/diplomacy trainer. I'm not sure what use we have for a carpenter, though. Tell them to bring food, water, something that can be used as a weapon, bedrolls, and whatever else they might think we'll need.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2015, 11:22:10 pm »

Definitely bring Maergor and Veila. We can use Maergor's brute strength and Veila can be our diplomat/diplomacy trainer. I'm not sure what use we have for a carpenter, though. Tell them to bring food, water, something that can be used as a weapon, bedrolls, and whatever else they might think we'll need.

+1

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2015, 11:30:27 pm »

+1
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2015, 12:55:44 am »

Jehundik Vanyik

You decide to leave Alek behind, and though he protests you know his father will be glad for it. Though he's only a year younger than you he is still rather young in temperament, and you aren't sure how much he can be relied upon. You tell Maergor and Veila to make ready, and they leave to make their preparations. Maergor has no family in the valley to speak of, and lives only in a small rickety hut by the river, so he is ready to leave as soon as you are, Veila however has a large family to make her goodbyes to, and it isn't until the following day that she is ready to depart.

The time does give you the opportunity to better examine and read from your notebook, and gives your parents time to give you one last hearty supper before your departure. Judging by the directions the spells in this notebook are mere child's play, though the effects themselves are similarly humble. A gesture, and a flash of light, a word spoken into your hands producing a flood of warmth in your fingertips. However when you first try out the spells nothing seems to happen.
The directions within the book on the other hand are quite clear and concise: "Follow the river east for several days until it is met by another river and forks, if you have not already crossed it do so. Continue directly south across country for a week or so until a great road is found. Follow this road southeast until you come to the town of Wanderers rest. From there travel along the northeast road that curves around the marshland until it turns directly south, once you come upon the first roadside tavern after the road turns south, go directly east. Travel for no more than four days walk, and no less than two.Do all this and you will come upon a small town, and the rest you shall discover when you seek it."

Early in the day you set out to find your companions, and find them able and ready to leave. Veila seems eager to get underway, and has brought with her a thick if ragged gambeson and an axe. She has also brought a sack full of bread and goat's cheese.
Maergor seems very somber by contrast. He's brought smoked fish, and in his hands carries a stout iron-headed spear, along with two much shorter fish-spears strapped to his back.

GM Note:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 03:07:11 pm by Mlamlah »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2015, 01:18:06 am »

Well, we want to devote SOME time to gathering, so I say a brisk pace until noon, where we take a break, rest, eat, and forage, then a couple hours later keep going until late dusk, but still with enough light left to set up camp.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2015, 01:29:28 am »

6.00-10.30: Walk
10.30-11.00: Rest/Magic
11.00-4.00: Walk
4.00-5.00: Rest/Magic
5.00-8.00: Walk
8.00-10.00: Prepare camp/Rest/Magic
10.00-6.00: Sleep

This should give us 12 hours of walking, 4 hours of rest, and 8 hours of sleep every day. We don't really need to gather food yet so we can afford to do a bit more walking. The 8 hours of sleep should ensure that we're well-rested.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2015, 01:30:45 am »

Well, we want to devote SOME time to gathering, so I say a brisk pace until noon, where we take a break, rest, eat, and forage, then a couple hours later keep going until late dusk, but still with enough light left to set up camp.
I'm thinking that we'll go about 12 miles a day at this rate, which is pretty good. So +1

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2015, 01:37:22 am »

6.00-10.30: Walk
10.30-11.00: Rest/Magic
11.00-4.00: Walk
4.00-5.00: Rest/Magic
5.00-8.00: Walk
8.00-10.00: Prepare camp/Rest/Magic
10.00-6.00: Sleep

This should give us 12 hours of walking, 4 hours of rest, and 8 hours of sleep every day. We don't really need to gather food yet so we can afford to do a bit more walking. The 8 hours of sleep should ensure that we're well-rested.
+1 to this.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43