Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Better rumor system - where to find ?

(1/2) > >>

Tilogour:
Could I find anywhere mod that can improve dialogue system and add "slain" tag if I want to tell someone that  I slain dragon (for example)?
(or better - slain and "creature tag" for example "slain human", "slain beast" etc.)
That's so simple and It could be very helpful for me...

Putnam:
No.

EDIT: Wait. That's actually wrong. DFHack can edit keywords.

Max™:
...you know, after playing with Rum's invoke script, it seems like you can tell it to insert whatever option you want there, with a smarter search option (why oh why does it trim out the "I slew a dragon" for a bunch of "I hear a dragon was at this one place" rumor options?) that perhaps sorted by kills, marching, flight, presence, and so forth... hmmm.

Max™:
Oh ho ho ho, poking around at the values and seeing which were in my last actions while talking to some zombies was enough to do this:

Again, all credit to the folks who made the API and Rumrusher for putting the script together, I just poked at it to test some of the choices as a proof of concept, I'm sure there is a way to tell it to ask for a keyword/provide search options/summarize what you pick, but I'mma have to poke at it a good while longer to figure out what all the pieces in the action > talk > event and such mean.

--- Code: ---df.global.ui_advmode.conversation.choices[0].choice.type=11
df.global.ui_advmode.conversation.choices[1].choice.type=118
df.global.ui_advmode.conversation.choices[0].title[0].value=("Inquire about any troubles")
df.global.ui_advmode.conversation.choices[0].keywords[0].value=("Troubles")
df.global.ui_advmode.conversation.choices[1].title[0].value=("Summarize conflict")
df.global.ui_advmode.conversation.choices[1].keywords[0].value=("Conflict fight")

--- End code ---

logodaedalus:
Wait, can you add a little more detail to what you're talking about in modifying Rumrusher's script? If I were, perhaps maybe perhaps, interested in exploring this and needing a starting point?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version