Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Necromancer's Tower (Looking 4 Players/Games): Reanimating Old Succession Games  (Read 4159 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

The Necromancer's Tower

Where we take dead succession fortresses and bring them back to life!

So, have you ever found a neat story on Bay12, but had one complaint: it never ended?  The Necromancer's Tower reanimates those dead threads to give them a neat ending!  Feel free to join, suggest fortresses, or help sum up threads to give us an idea of the previous story.

FAQ:

So should I just end one of these quickly so that it gets a neat ending?

No!  As with most succession fortresses, don't try to kill it just to end it early (because we know there's always another necromancer), but it's fine if !!FUN!! comes if its own accord.

Do I seriously have to read that pages-long backstory?

Nope!  Not even all normal succession fortresses require that.  However, it is recommended to check out the summary (if one exists).

Fortresses:

These will be in their own thread, to avoid cluttering this main thread.  This thread here is for suggesting fortresses, joining the project as a whole, posting summaries, and general discussion.

Uristildom - Daggerfaints

Current Player: Megahelmet

Backstory

Spoiler: summary (click to show/hide)

Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire

Spoiler: summary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: old op (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 10:52:26 am by jwoodward48df »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Necromancer's Tower: Reanimating Old Succession Games
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 04:28:21 pm »

count me in.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 05:16:34 pm »

Sure thing!  Do you have any preferences for which one we choose at first?  I was thinking perhaps Uristildom, "Daggerfaints," if nobody else has a good one.

EDIT: How do you like the new OP?  Since I'm seeing some (read: any) interest, I put at least a bit of effort into it.  Also, the details: think they're good?  In case you haven't noticed, most of my posts consist of questions.

EDIT: I'm taking the first turn of Daggerfaints.  You want the second?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:17:09 am by jwoodward48df »
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 12:47:24 pm »

yes please.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

Uristildom summary updated.
Sigtext!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

not bad

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile

This is great idea! Count me in!
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

YEESSS!!!  People like it people like it people like it -

So megahelmet (or anyone who wants to join), do you want to do Uristildom or Ilrom Ziril?  Uristildom's the one that's going right now, it's a frozen evil area in v0.31.25.  No evil weather because of that, nor is there reanimation.  Just plenty of zombies and skeletons.

Or Ilrom Ziril.  It was just recently stopped, and the author planned on it becoming a succession fortress anyway.  I think I'll be able to set it up today or tomorrow.  It's a great story.  The main focus is on the storytelling.  For that reason, I will ask that anybody playing at least skim over the original story.  It's about a group of dwarves standing against necromancers and goblins as the last dwarven fortress, or one of the last.  Seems standard, but according to the backstory, the initial seven were slaves being brought somewhere else when they were inspired by Armok to fight against the wagonmaster and the guards and break free.  Heading to the volcano, they used the small amounts of food, drink, and tools to found a fortress for Armok and dwarf.  It is in DF2014.
Sigtext!

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile

A blast to the past, eh? Put me down for Uristildom.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

Okay.  The save's over at the Uristildom thread, which you can get to by clicking "Uristildom - Daggerfaints" in the topic post.
Sigtext!

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ilrom Ziril, which was once under siege by necromancers, has now been saved by one. There is beauty in that I think.

Top stuff you've written. I had no idea how to continue with the story, and didn't want to get into yet another epic megapost about how they capture the dragon. I love how that arc just went from a cliffhanger to this after-the-fact event that nobody ever bothers explaining, it's really a cool move.

I'll update the front page and credit you as the new helmsdwarf.
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0