Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Surprisepalace, The Rebirth!  (Read 37078 times)

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surprisepalace, The Rebirth!
« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2015, 11:00:13 pm »

PyroTechno, have you had a chance to play your turn at all?

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2015, 03:10:11 am »

I messaged Pyrotechno once more about 2 days ago. Chaoseed hasn't been on since 2nd August, while Pyrotechno has been active but has not responded to the thread :-\ Unless there are any objections, I think its safe to say that the next in line should have a go at it unless somehow interest has completely died off. Let's hope that's not the case. Sending a message to DDDragoni now.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2015, 10:29:25 am »

I messaged Pyrotechno once more about 2 days ago. Chaoseed hasn't been on since 2nd August, while Pyrotechno has been active but has not responded to the thread :-\ Unless there are any objections, I think its safe to say that the next in line should have a go at it unless somehow interest has completely died off. Let's hope that's not the case. Sending a message to DDDragoni now.

I am here! I should be able to start later today.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 02, 2015, 11:55:27 am »

I am here! I should be able to start later today.

Excellent! Be sure to lower pop cap to be less than the current pop, lest migrants crash the save.

Just for reference, if Chaoseed does not update the OP by the time you're done, the next few in line will be escondida, Gwolfski, Augster999 and sponge.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2015, 03:58:22 pm »

Excellent! Be sure to lower pop cap to be less than the current pop, lest migrants crash the save.

Just for reference, if Chaoseed does not update the OP by the time you're done, the next few in line will be escondida, Gwolfski, Augster999 and sponge.

Yeah... I lowered the pop cap and the strict pop cap, but its still crashing after only a few days.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2015, 07:49:56 am »

Check for construction jobs. It's possible that a tree has grown through a tile designated for construction, which would crash the game when the job is completed. That recently happened to a fort of mine (-: .

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2015, 10:00:35 pm »

Check for construction jobs. It's possible that a tree has grown through a tile designated for construction, which would crash the game when the job is completed. That recently happened to a fort of mine (-: .
No construction jobs at all.
The error given is "Nemesis Unit load failed" if any of you know what that means
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2015, 11:08:20 pm »

Some advice for the next overseer(s):
  • Before doing anything, go to your Dwarf Fortress folder -> data -> init -> d_init.txt and set POPULATION_CAP to something less than the current fortress population. STRICT_POPULATION_CAP doesn't matter. If you don't, there's a good chance the game will crash at the spring migrant wave.
  • If the game crashes anyway, try retiring and unretiring.
  • If that still doesn't work, try regenerating the world with the same seed and copying over the (hopefully uncorrupted) unit files to replace the corrupted ones.

Yeah, one of the prospective historical migrants had their unit data corrupted. I still have the save from my last turn, so I'll try to play the save later to see if the problem persists and whether it can be fixed. But I'm not sure how to go on from here. If you are so inclined to do so, you can try to salvage the save by the methods outlined by EoyaBosan above.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2015, 12:20:38 am »

Yeap, loaded up the save and it crashed with the NEMESIS LOAD ERROR on 5th Granite every single time, though I had already set both pop caps to 20. then I tried replacing the unit.dat files to that of the first save but it still crashed.

Damn it, looks like the save can't be salvaged. Looks like I got lucky on my turn that migrants decided not to show up.

Welp, unless Chaoseed would like to step in and reboot the fortress, I deem the save unusable.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2015, 07:47:00 am »

After setting it in the config, you need to tell your civ about the population cap with dfhack's fix/population-cap, or else it won't take effect until the next time the outpost liaison leaves the map.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2015, 08:48:04 am »

After setting it in the config, you need to tell your civ about the population cap with dfhack's fix/population-cap, or else it won't take effect until the next time the outpost liaison leaves the map.

Just tried using the fix/population-cap command, same error :(

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2015, 09:32:54 am »

try killing the migrant in advwnture mode before they reach fortress
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]