Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 66071 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How: Repeating history
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2015, 12:54:09 pm »

((Was that all of the large scale planning? No requests for evil gods? Silent acceptance from everyone? All ready for next phase?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2015, 02:21:26 pm »

((Was that all of the large scale planning? No requests for evil gods? Silent acceptance from everyone? All ready for next phase?))
((I'm still waiting for other people to say something. So no, I dont think thats it.))
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2015, 03:39:17 pm »

"What happened to building underwater facilities?"
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2015, 03:53:01 pm »

"What happened to building underwater facilities?"
FORSOOTH
CONTENT

((That list Herwald passed around was a preliminary set of requests for fully explained technological innovations/blueprints and completed examples. Unless this Earth already has sustainable macro-scale nuclear fusion, that's not something we're going to be fully developing and implementing in three years, I think.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2015, 05:42:35 pm »

"Indeed. Is there a way to finish our plans, in three years?"
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2015, 05:44:23 pm »

"Hydroponics, I believe, wouldn't work quite as well as aquaponics. Much less waste with the latter, and it has a very nice sense of completeness about it. Should get on that, really."

"Not entirely sure we'd need actual underwater bases, however, when a series of ships provides that much less challenge and resource-intensive work to accomplish. Fusion power, in addition, sounds quite impossible to realize in three years - wind power on the open seas, however, could be much closer to reality. I realize that certain people would feel much better with solid ground to prosper on, but can we honestly say that a fleet of associated ships at sea is unsafe in comparison with experimental and in all likelihood horribly impractical undersea installations?"

"With the short timeframe available, it is definitely best to focus on things we can already do, and then see how the situation develops, and only then start intensive research on new technologies."
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:46:14 pm by Harry Baldman »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2015, 02:11:59 pm »

Come on guys, make a wish, for material or immaterial stuff! Gods of blue & orange morale are listening. In order of importance, because it matters.

Mihael makes a motion towards the table in front of you and the glowing sphere moves on it, hovering few centimeters above it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2015, 08:26:22 pm »

"I say we request a cheap, safe and compact nuclear fusion technology, along with an air cleaning technology, so that we can recycle the air in the submarine station. If we can get both of those immediately, I can get my scientists working on reverse-engineering them. We could probably replicate them within 6 months. From there, we can mass-produce them for the ships and submarines.

Does anything need to be added?"

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2015, 08:46:23 pm »

"I'm not sure if anything needs to be added."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2015, 01:22:52 am »

"Wait, we can wish for technologies? That changes things a little. Hm."

"Well, we could certainly use some form of solution for manufacturing and engineering medicine from limited supplies, which is what we will be working with. Disease is the perpetual enemy of the post-apocalypse, more pernicious and vile than any other thing one may encounter. Perhaps something along the lines of nanoantibiotics, though this may be my personal flight of fancy."

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2015, 01:26:20 am »

"Ok, we can add that in then. Anything else?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How: Today's debate - How to genocide humans
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2015, 05:55:27 am »

"Wait, we can wish for technologies? That changes things a little. Hm."

"Yes, as I understand it you can wish anything that you think will help you avoiding extinction. Though there's no guarantee it will be granted."

"Once you know what you want to wish for, touch their representative here and make a wish."
Mihael says pointing at the sphere hovering above table.
Old sigs.
Games.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2015, 06:45:07 pm »

"Again, some sort of advanced, replicable alloy which is light, strong, and highly resistant to pressure in the depths. High-efficiency high-capacity batteries and capacitors. Advanced hydro- and aquaponic systems and techniques. High-efficiency low-cost desalinization plants or processes. Advanced solar cell materials to supplement the fusion plants. Those are all reasonable and extraordinarily useful, I think."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2015, 08:52:22 am »

"Can we only wish for one thing each, or is it an unspecified number? Or is it a division of potency between how many wishes one makes?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How: Today's debate - How to genocide humans
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2015, 09:51:25 am »

"Can we only wish for one thing each, or is it an unspecified number? Or is it a division of potency between how many wishes one makes?"

"They weren't very specific about that. Let's see if I can get more details." Mihael reaches at the sphere and touches it. The sphere flickers with thousands colors and then it goes back to its hypnotic color pattern rotation.

[4] "Few wishes per person, they say. At least one wish is guaranteed to be granted at some level, but they didn't specify how much exactly is 'few'."
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44