Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 66533 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2015, 01:38:27 am »

((Actually, hey. When do we get the results of our wishes? Will the others know how successful someone's were before making their own? Or is it going to be 'test it and find out'?))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2015, 01:39:50 am »

"Now... how does this blasted thing work, anyhow? I'll ask them for fusion power, the desalinization plants, and... hmm, yes, the hydro- and aquaponic farming technologies, all under the rather rigorous requirements. Those three seem to be the most critical, and if I can swing them all in our first go it should reduce the pressure on the others. Perhaps even shoot for something more esoteric, yes?"

((At the very least stick around to use your wishes, then kill the character off. :P))
]
" I concur, but I am not sure what to wish for."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2015, 02:34:34 am »

((Actually, hey. When do we get the results of our wishes? Will the others know how successful someone's were before making their own? Or is it going to be 'test it and find out'?))
Results will be immediately available when wish is made, in a form or another. 'Test it and find out' might be most common way to figure out. It much depends on how rolls turn out.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2015, 01:38:36 pm »

Results will be immediately available when wish is made, in a form or another. 'Test it and find out' might be most common way to figure out. It much depends on how rolls turn out.
((Okay, good.

This is what I was getting at, guys. Let one of us go and ask for a short list of the critical stuff. If we get it all, we can do the same for the less critical stuff and use the other wishes for things which are more fanciful. If it doesn't work out, at least we know and will have more wishes to get what we absolutely must have.))

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2015, 12:10:56 pm »

Rolling his eyes, Herwald places his hands on the sphere, intoning in a mocking voice, "Oh mighty and terrible gods from beyond our ken, grant unto me practical working samples and fully explained and annotated plans and material lists for sustained-reaction nuclear fusion power plants, high-efficiency desalinization plants, and hydro/aquaponic agricultural facilities."

3. Run Resize Enable

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2015, 12:33:52 pm »

Rolling his eyes, Herwald places his hands on the sphere, intoning in a mocking voice, "Oh mighty and terrible gods from beyond our ken, grant unto me practical working samples and fully explained and annotated plans and material lists for sustained-reaction nuclear fusion power plants, high-efficiency desalinization plants, and hydro/aquaponic agricultural facilities."

[3,5] As you touch the sphere it splits in two, restructures itself into flat boxes and materializes as a two external hard disks. Unmarked ones.

You can't see the sphere anymore, but you see it's reflection in eyes of other people.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2015, 04:02:31 pm »

"Hm," Herwald mutters, "Do we have a computer around here, Mister Andersson?"

3. Run Resize Enable

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2015, 04:26:35 pm »

"We had probably best make quick on our wishes. Cannot expect much in the way of patience, can we?"

Korir touches his magic sphere o' wishes.

"Oh, great and mighty eschatological gods, grant unto me practical working samples and fully explained and annotated plans and material lists for the efficient construction of advanced nanomaterials, chemical fabrication solutions and genetic modification tools."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How: Today's debate - How to genocide humans
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2015, 11:52:29 pm »

"Hm," Herwald mutters, "Do we have a computer around here, Mister Andersson?"

"Yes we do." Mihael calls servants and a minute later one of them brings a laptop and some USB cables.

"We had probably best make quick on our wishes. Cannot expect much in the way of patience, can we?"

Korir touches his magic sphere o' wishes.

"Oh, great and mighty eschatological gods, grant unto me practical working samples and fully explained and annotated plans and material lists for the efficient construction of advanced nanomaterials, chemical fabrication solutions and genetic modification tools."

[1,2,3]

Magical sphere o' wishes splits into two upon your touch. One transforms into a hard disk and another into thick binder containing approximately over thousand A4 pages.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2015, 02:28:47 am »

Priya touches her sphere.
"Oh wonderful deities beyond our comprehension, please grant me practical working samples, and throughly explained plans, and lists of materials, for the construction of self-repairing metals.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2015, 02:45:28 am »

Priya touches her sphere.
"Oh wonderful deities beyond our comprehension, please grant me practical working samples, and throughly explained plans, and lists of materials, for the construction of self-repairing metals.

[5] Part of the sphere splits off and transforms into another external hard disk and small notebook. The hard disk is labeled "Self-repairing metals" and the book bears title "Self-repairing metals - Table of Content".

The sphere remains, but is about half of its original size.
Old sigs.
Games.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 08, 2015, 08:52:35 am »

Plug in the first USB drive, give a quick look at the files on it.

3. Run Resize Enable

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2015, 09:17:39 am »

Start reading the notebook.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2015, 10:07:16 am »

Check out the binder. Anything interesting inside?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2015, 10:40:29 am »

Plug in the first USB drive, give a quick look at the files on it.

[1] USB cable is obviously five dimensional object because it doesn't fit into any port in the laptop no matter how you rotate it. And jamming cable into the USB drive doesn't help because you manage to ruin USB port in the drive...

Start reading the notebook.

[6] The notebook is apparently a very helpfull guide, explaining some very complex subjects with easy to understand pictures. It's clearly divinely enchanted book, as the pattern of background in its pages seems to hint about hidden data.

Check out the binder. Anything interesting inside?

First page is titled as "'Constructing super structures with nanotubes' for dummies".
[5] Skimming through few pages reveals that contents this binder is useless. While it sounds initially usefull, it skips over some very important details and occasionally outright lies about things.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44