Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 66367 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Now - Salvage operation starts. [6/?]
« Reply #375 on: June 30, 2015, 10:54:54 am »

"The Loot in this dungeon sucks." Arvin fumes.

Action: Explore room D next!

Room D is delightfully empty. Judging by shelves on walls this might have been a storage room of some kind, but now it is utterly empty. Only thing you can really find is rusty red stain on southern wall.

[3] Hrm, looks familiar. You could swear you have seen stains like this before...

"This thing might've capsized recently, or maybe there's monsters in here after all. Who knows?"

Reunite with the locker looters and see what's in Room D. If nothing important, then check Room B right quick while I'm here.

Dunno, is that stain on wall important? Arvin seems to stare it thoughtfully.

loot the room right next to me

You pull open the door Dick closed and step in. Hmm, looks like a gym. On back wall are two treadmills, one looks rather damaged. Two metal pillars are standing on middle of the room, a net pulled between. Volleyball setup, you guess. Then there's number of balls floating around. One cabinet in far corner is closed while other two in outer wall are torn open.

You dump your torn ball and pick two unbroken instead.

Look around the room.

Beyond damaged lockers, stairs leading down underwater and slowly bubbling oil/fuel there's nothing much to see.

%Seagulls, you said? If you think you can, I'm sure there are people who'd appreciate the meat.%
Got it.

Load buckshot, take aim at seagulls.

Shot loaded and aim taken. You think your shotgun can cover the distance of 100 meters to the other ship?

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 30, 2015, 11:10:28 am »

"Hey, that red stain looks familiar, but my skill check really sucked. Can someone tell what that is?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 30, 2015, 11:30:45 am »

Open the locker and loot what is inside. then go to room J and loot!
Shouts: "Found a gym!"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:48:17 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 30, 2015, 12:40:06 pm »

"Hey, that red stain looks familiar, but my skill check really sucked. Can someone tell what that is?"

"Hm... rusty red stain... rusty red stain... now what do I know of that would produce a... RUST-y red stain?"

Make comment, scrape off a bit of that rusty red with one end (the one without the moving bits on it) of the fire extinguisher to check if my suspicions are accurate.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 05:19:31 pm by Harry Baldman »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 30, 2015, 12:42:40 pm »

"Hm... rusty red stain... rusty red stain... now what do I know of that would produce a... RUSTy red stain?"

Make comment, scrape off a bit of that rusty red with one end (the one without the moving bits on it) of the fire extinguisher to check if my suspicions are accurate.
"BLood?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 30, 2015, 12:49:15 pm »

"Yes, because as we all know blood stays red forever, right?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 30, 2015, 12:52:59 pm »

"Yes, because as we all know blood stays red forever, right?"
"new blood stains? more likely a chemical."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 30, 2015, 02:23:15 pm »

Switch to slug, take aim, fire.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 30, 2015, 06:46:12 pm »

Go to Room I.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 01, 2015, 11:23:24 am »

Open the locker and loot what is inside. then go to room J and loot!
Shouts: "Found a gym!"

The cabinet appears to be locked and you don't have anything you can use to break it. It probably contains more gym equipment anyway...

Now room J, after pushing the door open you enter into large room filled with various large machinery. Various pipes from floor and ceiling converge into this room and to large machine on middle. You trained engineer eyes tell that this machinery probably handles all air conditioning on the ship. Of course it is all turned off. And probably broken, thanks to all water ruining it.

"Hm... rusty red stain... rusty red stain... now what do I know of that would produce a... RUST-y red stain?"

You scratch pieces off and few flakes fall into water. It doesn't look like rust and wall (and paint) underneath seems intact enough. Hmm, what could it be...

Seagulls outside are raising a ruckus.

Go to Room I.

You found a toilet and shower. Seems functional enough, although toilet seat is under water so I don't recommend sitting on it.

Switch to slug, take aim, fire.

[3+1] Good shot from these distances, but it only clips wing of the bird you were aiming for, which is enough to render it unable to fly. Guys on the ship are better find it and bring it back.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 01, 2015, 11:35:25 am »

scavenge parts from the ac then walk around to the other side of the machinery
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 01, 2015, 11:39:20 am »

What's the surface of the red stuff like? Matte? Shiny? Any peculiarities in texture?

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 02, 2015, 03:44:04 am »

Radio to the salvage team:
Guys, I managed to hit a seagull on deck, if you can find it bring it aboard, okay?

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 02, 2015, 04:07:15 am »

Check inside the shower and stay cautious.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 03, 2015, 12:04:11 pm »

scavenge parts from the ac then walk around to the other side of the machinery

As much engineer you are, even you can't disassemble a big AC without tools. And you already have balls in both hands, so it isn't very practical option. They usually have necessary tools on ships, though, but not anywhere you have been yet.

Walking around reveals that the room is otherwise empty. You stop near door F and find it connects to this room as well as to stairs upper deck.

Your walky talkie wakes up: Guys, I managed to hit a seagull on deck, if you can find it bring it aboard, okay?

What's the surface of the red stuff like? Matte? Shiny? Any peculiarities in texture?

Matte. If anything comes to mind it is scab.

Your walky talkie wakes up: Guys, I managed to hit a seagull on deck, if you can find it bring it aboard, okay?

Check inside the shower and stay cautious.

The shower is empty, much like rest of the ship. You are starting to see a pattern here. Based on what you have seen so far the ship looks quite much looted.

Radio to the salvage team:
Guys, I managed to hit a seagull on deck, if you can find it bring it aboard, okay?

Message sent. Nobody answers though. Maybe you should call the boat and go get it yourself? It's only way to be sure and you'll be in better position to shoot more birds.

Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44