Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 66531 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How: Today's debate - How to genocide humans
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2015, 03:42:46 pm »

Aye.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2015, 05:46:09 pm »

"Aye."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2015, 05:46:54 pm »

"Aye."
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How: Repeating history
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2015, 12:14:06 am »

Mihael Andersson looks at each of you, studying your expression. He then sighs deep.

"So be it."

He raises his own arm up and the glowing multicolored sphere descends on his open palm.

"Decision is made." He says looking up the sphere. "A global flood."

The moment he says this the sphere stops changing its colors and solidifes into odd brownish orange. At same time it somehow also turns completely black, casting black light, twisting colors of every surface in the room and making shadows glow bright. Thankfully it lasts only a half of second, because it hurts your eyes.

The sphere hovers back up and Mihael sinks into his chair. "Its done. Over 7 billion humans will drown. Its horrifying how easily we can make such decision..."

"Let's move into second item on our agenda. How you do plan to save humanity and what, if any, do you want to request from those higher beings."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2015, 02:28:58 am »

"So, we first need ships, right?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2015, 09:02:52 am »

((Did you guys just re-create waterworld?))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2015, 09:03:52 am »

"Here is a preliminary list of things which would be useful for our chosen scenario," Herwald offers, pushing forward a hastily-scrawled list.

1. Safe and replicable hydrogen fusion, miniaturized sufficiently for shipboard use. With an ocean of seawater we can electrolyze all the hydrogen we need.

2. Advanced solar-cells, preferably both highly modular versions and extremely large sheets. This would provide startup charge for fusion plants as well as a good deal of day-to-day power consumption.

3. Advanced batteries and capacitors with high storage capacity and low loss of charge over time, both for everyday use and for submersibles too small for fusion plants.

4. An alloy or material of some other type which is durable, light, and easily replicable, and which is in particular resistant to impacts and high pressure environments.

5. Hydroponic systems capable of highly space-efficient and rapid food production.

6. High-efficiency small-scale desalinization plants.

"Those are only the initial essentials, of course, but those six items combined with my existing infrastructure should be sufficient to begin construction of a fleet of these arks. I will need to confer with my subordinates about the exact capacity available, but if I halt all non-essential production I should be able to complete a decent number in time. Ships? Ships I can do."

((Yes. Yes, we did. I don't know who else was doing it semi-intentionally, but it's gonna be a riot and we're gonna do it right.  :P))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2015, 09:37:46 am »

"Here is a preliminary list of things which would be useful for our chosen scenario," Herwald offers, pushing forward a hastily-scrawled list.

1. Safe and replicable hydrogen fusion, miniaturized sufficiently for shipboard use. With an ocean of seawater we can electrolyze all the hydrogen we need.

2. Advanced solar-cells, preferably both highly modular versions and extremely large sheets. This would provide startup charge for fusion plants as well as a good deal of day-to-day power consumption.

3. Advanced batteries and capacitors with high storage capacity and low loss of charge over time, both for everyday use and for submersibles too small for fusion plants.

4. An alloy or material of some other type which is durable, light, and easily replicable, and which is in particular resistant to impacts and high pressure environments.

5. Hydroponic systems capable of highly space-efficient and rapid food production.

"Those are only the initial essentials, of course, but those six items combined with my existing infrastructure should be sufficient to begin construction of a fleet of these arks. I will need to confer with my subordinates about the exact capacity available, but if I halt all non-essential production I should be able to complete a decent number in time. Ships? Ships I can do."

((Yes. Yes, we did. I don't know who else was doing it semi-intentionally, but it's gonna be a riot and we're gonna do it right.  :P))
"Do you have a rough estimate of the costs? Just wondering, so we know what we need to ask for, and what we can put into this."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2015, 01:17:52 pm »

((I rolled your personal wealth into OP.

For reference, MS Allure of the Seas, largest cruise ship on open seas, cost 1.2 billion USD. Single ark ship of same size will cost more.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2015, 01:33:08 pm »

PTW

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2015, 02:00:33 pm »

Why is there the word thief under your avatar?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2015, 02:02:27 pm »

Why is there the word thief under your avatar?
((It's a personal text, modifiable in your profile. And because that's one of my archetypes I tend to play in rpg's.))
Old sigs.
Games.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2015, 04:11:48 pm »

((Do keep in mind that a) the overall profile would be less 'tall' and more spread out, for stability, for larger surface area for solar power generation, and to better fit various things, and b) we'll also want a range of smaller vessels for fishing, submersible activities, &c. I might sketch up some ideas when I have time.

Among other stuff, I was thinking about the feasibility of retractable solar 'sails' which could deployed in calm conditions, as well as potentially going with a trimaran design akin to what we're seeing in cutting-edge naval vessels for the improvements to stability and volume economy, though obviously on a larger scale.

3. Run Resize Enable

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2015, 12:57:59 am »

"Yes, I think those are good. But now we need to brainstorm on what we need to build the underwater base."
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2015, 02:02:14 am »

"I imagine it would be much the same, save for removing solar power generation. The only thing that springs to mind would be ensuring the survival of plant species amenable to contained, small-scale growth, in order to supplement oxygen lines from the surface."

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44