Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Giant Cave Spider Uzo Soulshoisted completed a journey to safety with a kid?  (Read 2344 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

I... what the... there is no way this can get weirder, right?

Oh, that'll teach me, but at least now we've got the weirdness out of the way right, I mean it's ok that legends are told about how I am a kid I saved who helped save a giant spider that's been dead for 132 years in a fashion which involved a "joyous reunion"... at least it can't get any weirder than that, right?

OH COME ON! That doesn't even make... well, any kind of sense, how did I do this? I'm recorded normally in most places, I've got the reactions and stuff from the wanderer's mod in place, and I'm a dfusion -> 3 (misc tools) -> 4 (empregnate) kid from a previous adventurer but is that enough for this to happen?

I mean, the good news is, my feats were properly recorded and I'm greatly respected for heroic acts by four civs:

...but now folks will be telling stories about how various creatures who were also a dorf girl were rescued by a bunch of little kids who were also rescued by a dorf girl?

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's the creature who kidnapped them. I usually see the same with kobolds and night trolls, but a cave spider, nice. I'd wager that through some weird logic, the "kidnapped" event gets retconned to "rescued", kinda like how it will say that ghostly dwarves migrate to your fortress.
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh... how did a creature which has been dead for 132 years kidnap a dorflet who was born less than 12 years ago?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Uh... how did a creature which has been dead for 132 years kidnap a dorflet who was born less than 12 years ago?
Time travel? baby fall into the old spider nest and got webbed up? spider was mummified? GHOST SPIDER?!
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GREAT, SO NOW ON TOP OF BEING MISTAKEN FOR EVERY DAMN RANDOM CREATURE IN HISTORY, I'M GONNA BE TOLD STORIES OF HOW I WAS A CHILD-RESCUING GHOST SPIDER?

...razzerfrazzersomethingorother.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

Giant cave spiders don't give a shit. They time-travel (and it's powered by their sheer awesomeness), kidnap children, devour legendary military dwarves, toss web, and they collectively make cave dragons, rocs, and elephants embarass themselves.

They never tire, never stop, and never feel pain as well.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:58:23 am by Naryar »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, while "The Legendary Defense of Lace" is easily one of the coolest titles I've had the game generate for me, I think this is worth editing my name for:

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Beats me. But I have seen kids claim that they are older than their parents. I think the game puts them in cryo-stasis as soon as they get kidnapped. Possibly to stop them from growing into adults.
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Definitely not that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Born in 161, kidnapped in 165, I found her in 172 and brought her back home. Her mom was born in 136, her dad was born in 144, Uzo Soulshoisted died roughly a century before her parents were even born, and 121 years before she was born... pretty weird stuff.

Awesome side note: her mom is named Dagger, her dad is named Hammer, and she is named Artifact.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:41:12 am by Max™ »

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile

Giant cave spiders don't give a shit. They time-travel (and it's powered by their sheer awesomeness), kidnap children, devour legendary military dwarves, toss web, and they collectively make cave dragons, rocs, and elephants embarass themselves.

They never tire, never stop, and never feel pain as well.
And they shall know [NO_FEAR]
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, worth noting I think that this might happen because I've got wanderer's mod in place so there are little things like the race for dorfs being 474 instead of 465, which might be why it shows up as "an unknown creature" or cycles through the various entities.