Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: CrossCode: Top Down Adventure (Secret of Mana-like)- Out Now  (Read 8046 times)

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
CrossCode: Top Down Adventure (Secret of Mana-like)- Out Now
« on: March 15, 2015, 06:26:36 pm »

Edit: Game is out now!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/368340/CrossCode/

Main website: http://www.cross-code.com/en/home
In-Browser Demo (entire game is HTML5 apparently): http://www.cross-code.com/en/start
Indiegogo campaign: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/crosscode#home

I found this game on newgrounds and it actually looks really good.  Its got a Secret of Mana vibe to it and a very good demo.

IndieGames.com Article: http://indiegames.com/2015/03/leas_fists_are_better_than_any.html

The story is basically: Girl is controlling an avatar in an MMO that exists in reality (control a robot instead of be in a digital game).  She is in the game for the second time because she lost her memory or something and people think this will help her retrieve it, and she also has voice module issues so she is mute (except for words that get hacked in for her or something like that) so almost sorta silent protagonist.

Its actually kinda a shame its not on kickstarter because, imo, that seems to attract more attention than Indiegogo.  The IndieGoGo campaign itself closes March 27 and its got €50,000 to go at this point, I do hope they make it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 03:52:31 pm by Moghjubar »
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
Re: CrossCode: Top Down Adventure (Secret of Mana-like) - IndieGogo
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 08:52:28 pm »

Haha, great to see a thread about it here as well. I'm part of the development team (known an GFluegel on there).

Kickstarter might indeed be a more popular option, but we opted for Indiegogo because it's the easier solution for German companies at the moment. And it also supports PayPal, which is an advantage (again, especially for our German supporters).

I'll be keeping track of this topic and answering questions if you go any. But for now I gotta try to get some sleep...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 10:08:56 pm »

Plot hole right there. Her voice module has issues. That sounds like something that would be qualified as fixable and would be something that Should be fixed by the ingame creators of the mmo world thing in the game.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 02:27:51 am »

That could be handled in the storyline. After all, it's very possible that there's no hardware fault, and then the question moves towards a mental version of going mute.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 08:18:44 am »

Before I reply, first a quick proof of my identity, since it's the internet.

@Kevak: You're assuming that she really is just a normal player and that the official tech support has looked into her problem. Lea's problem seems to be a very unusual issue of a system that normally runs without a problem.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 06:50:01 pm »

Plot hole right there. Her voice module has issues. That sounds like something that would be qualified as fixable and would be something that Should be fixed by the ingame creators of the mmo world thing in the game.

Clearly she's playing a Nexon game ;)
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 07:41:42 pm »

You're assuming that she really is just a normal player and that the official tech support has looked into her problem. Lea's problem seems to be a very unusual issue of a system that normally runs without a problem.

My theories are:
Lea is an NPC
Everyone else is an NPC, except for Lea
It's all a simulation
Lea is in a coma
Lea died while playing the game and is a zombie
Lea has brain damage
Lea is a cyborg
Lea is actually controlled by the blue hair, which is an alien, from space
The horns are recievers tuned to different universe
Lea isn't human
Lea is actually a monkey
All the containers in the ship are filled with giraffes
The last theory I said might not have anything to do with anything
But I still feel it's important
Lea is a robot, made of metal, that can turn invisible

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 07:53:06 pm »

Nice! I played through the demo and really enjoyed it. Crisp mechanics, and I'm excited for the RPG elements to show up in full force.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 08:57:54 pm »

Looks pretty awesome. But those E's instead of $'s on the donation page are scaring me...

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 10:55:09 pm »

Shit.  I don't have any money to throw at this.

The demo plays really good, and the art's baller.

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 09:06:06 am »

Having spent some time with the demo, I can totally attest to how slick it is.

You think it's going to be Secret of Mana-esque, and then it plays like a top-down Platinum game. The combat is like butter... :D

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 10:59:10 am »

Looks pretty awesome. But those E's instead of $'s on the donation page are scaring me...
Don't be scared, PayPal will convert your $ automatically into € and show you the exchange rate!
You are also in luck, because the € is currently pretty low, compared to a while ago.

Also, because a lot of people tend to be confused about it:
We are using "Fixed Funding", not "Flexible Funding", so we only get the money when we reach our goal. You'll get all your money back if we don't!

And a special announcement: Right now our concept artist Frece is doing a livestream on his channel. Stop by if you wanna see him doing his art magic!

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 01:56:31 pm »

Hello again and sorry for the doublepost, but I got 3 important announcements:

1.Our Indiegogo campaign has been officially extended by another 30 days and now ends on the 26th of April! We hope that the amazing support we got keeps up so we can make it count!

2.The fanart contest is over and we got the results! There were some amazing submissions among the 21 we got, so you should definitely check them all out on our blog!
I'll post the first 3 places (who'll also get a price) to give you a taste:

Spoiler: 3rd place (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2nd place (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 1st place (click to show/hide)

Congratulations to the winning artists and many thanks to everyone who participated! Seriously, check out the blogpost, we received so much greatness...

3.Our weekly developer livestream will start in 5 minutes! Watch it on our Twitch-channel if you are interested.
This time Lachsen, our main developer, will implement item-drops from enemies and answer questions, together with other members of our team!

~ GFluegel, RadicalFishGames

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 08:31:14 pm »

Alas, thats a big problem for a lot of Americans, in more ways than one (a lot of times, bank cards will auto block payments with currency conversions and its just one more hassle to go thru).  Combine that with general laziness/apathy and sales get lost (and of course I already said that kickstarter is a lot more popular too).

Someone should do a study on this with these funding campaigns and see just how much it changes things.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 10:13:31 am »

Alas, thats a big problem for a lot of Americans, in more ways than one (a lot of times, bank cards will auto block payments with currency conversions and its just one more hassle to go thru).  Combine that with general laziness/apathy and sales get lost (and of course I already said that kickstarter is a lot more popular too).
Really? That's unfortunate and we didn't even know about such a problem. Both Indiegogo and € was used to make bureaucratic stuff easier for us, but we didn't think that it might cause real problems for US-supporters. I hope it's still not too big a deal for most people.

About the study... at this point I think it's obvious that it is much easier to get a successful campaign running on Kickstarter, both because of the reputation and some convenience issues Indiegogo has. The only big disadvantage of Kickstarter is it's lack of PayPal-Support.
Pages: [1] 2