Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Bay12 Community Teamspeak Thread: Minecraft FEED THE BEAST  (Read 8971 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Bay12 Community Teamspeak Thread: Minecraft FEED THE BEAST
« on: March 16, 2015, 02:50:34 pm »

Welcome to the Bay 12 Teamspeak!
If you don't know, Teamspeak is a voice and text chat program which is free to download and easy to use. All you need to do is download it, get the IP address from me (PM), and join in! Then you'll be able to coordinate with other Bay12'ers to play various games or just chat. Micropohone not required.

Game's we've played include War Thunder (and mostly tanks), The Repopulation, Planetside, Monopoly, Factorio, Project Zomboid, Genesis emulators, Rocket League, Insurgency and everything else under the sun. In my opinion, playing as a teamspeak group is just the best for team multiplayer games of all sorts- I'm not really that good at a lot of games, but the ability to coordinate quickly with a few teammates gives you a huge advantage over most players, and having some people to play with regularly in creative games such as Minecraft and every other game that even vaguely resembles Minecraft is great too. Everyone who joins is welcome to play whatever they like and use the TS as a place to organize their games with other Bay12'ers.

As of 2/4, the game's we've been playing together most include Minecraft: Feed The Beast Infinity (at the same IP as the Teamspeak) and UFO: The Two Sides, as well as Rocket League and various F2P games.

To join:
-You'll need Teamspeak 3, downloadable for free here.
-PM me for the server IP.
-You aren't actually required to have a microphone, Teamspeak acts as a text chatroom as well.
-There are separate lobbies for different games. The main one is push-to-talk, but voice-activated or always-on mics are now an option in the other channels.
-Only Bay-12'ers, or people a Bay12 member can personally vouch for, please.
-Yes, this one's 24/7 for realsies. In fact, it's hardly been down at all for months.
-Once you're in the TS server, you'll notice there are a crapton of channels for different games. To see everyone who's on, you might actually have to scroll down. If you want a channel for your own game or group of friends, feel free to ask an admin!

That said, come in and join us!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:05:49 am by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Teamspeak Thread IV: A New Hope (Come Play War Thunder!)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 06:46:58 pm »

Has War thunder gotten better recently, though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ruskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 12:19:42 am »

I've been enjoying it, then again I have been playing Russian tanks / planes :P

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 11:10:58 pm »

I'd play Warthunder with you guys sometimes. I assume this is separate from the Kael one?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 02:17:39 am »

I'd play Warthunder with you guys sometimes. I assume this is separate from the Kael one?
Yup, the Kael one has been MIA so Ruskin, in his infinite wisdom, has invited the general citizenship of Bay 12 to his secret clubhouse.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Teamspeak Thread IV: A New Hope (Now With Monopoly!)
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 12:07:15 am »

Monopoly! It's a thing now. Rejoice, ye who hate War Thunder. Now you can be a thimble instead of a tank.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 12:08:27 am »

Monopoly! It's a thing now. Rejoice, ye who hate War Thunder. Now you can be a thimble instead of a tank.
But the thimble sucks. Ship is best piece :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 12:39:09 pm »

Ship or artillery.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Teamspeak Thread IV: A New Hope (We Playin' Factorio!)
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 04:10:32 pm »

So, just recently, we've all been playing Factorio! If you have it, or are thinking of getting it, you should check out the world we've been playing on together.

If you don't know, Factorio is a game about building a factory to craft more and more elaborate products, starting from scratch in the wilderness on an alien world. Your objective is to create a suitable landing site for a colony space ship, and along the way, you gather resources, perform research, and defend against waves of attacking aliens angered by your pollution.

In practice, you build lots and lots of conveyor belts and grabber arms to move around the resources en mass that your machines require for increasingly elaborate crafting recipes, and then midway through you realize just how bad your design is when you need to expand, say, your circuitry plant, and then find you can't do so without colliding into your smeltery, your iron and copper supply lines, your power generators or your research facilities. Then you get mad at yourself and/or your friends. After a while you tear it down to build a factor that's ten time as efficient and twenty times more expandable. Then three hours later you have an epiphany and realize you should have done everything differently, but this time you're running around trying to keep the aliens from overwhelming your gun turrets.

So, in other words, it has all of the elaborate planning and ‼SURPRISES‼ of Dwarf Fortress, and it's multiplayer.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 04:33:59 pm »

You forgot the construction robots! (and the logistics ones)
And the tank.

And how oil pipes interfere with everything nearby when you plop them badly. ::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 05:15:53 pm »

And the tank.
You mean the riding lawnmower?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 05:13:24 pm »

I'm interested in joining you guys for War Thunder. I tried it last time but I quit cause I was really confused and kept getting guneed down.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Ruskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 06:21:49 pm »

I'm interested in joining you guys for War Thunder. I tried it last time but I quit cause I was really confused and kept getting guneed down.

Sent ya a pm with the IP, what nation do you play?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 06:14:13 am »

Sent ya a pm with the IP, what nation do you play?
I used to play Germany, I think. What do you guys play? I'll probbs switch to that.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Ruskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 06:30:29 am »

Most of us play Russian tanks / planes, we also have a few German players though

I've kinda been working on American tanks for the last 2 days as well

Heading off to sleep here in the next few mins, I'll be on later today if ya wanna join us for some WT
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:32:16 am by Ruskin »
Pages: [1] 2 3