Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [44.12] Meph's ☼Warlock Tower☼ - V1 - Be more evil!  (Read 23575 times)

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Meph's ☼Warlock Tower☼ - V1 - Be more evil!
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2020, 05:53:36 pm »

another thingy i noticed is the tile transparency is weird ... if i move the view left/right is doesnt work but with up/down it does work (i.e. stockpile under items or grass under workshops)
if u turn twbt redraw_all on it will fix this
"Honestly, I have no idea how that got there"

velle29

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2020, 03:42:50 pm »

right now figureing out how to best murder them as they are "stuck" in the cages.

I used to do a drowning chamber back in prior releases. Three sides had bridges which closed into walls - one in the north for fort access, one in the west which led to a screw pump, and one in the south for drainage. I think I carved fortifications or something behind the west bridge to prevent them swimming upstream, and behind the south one to prevent the bodies washing out to wherever. Then I'd build a cage inside the room, connect the cage to a lever, move the prisoners to that cage, close the appropriate bridges, assign a worker to the screw pump to fill the chamber, and finally open the cage by lever.

Takes a bit of setup, but ultimately pretty clean. No blood, no dismembered bits everywhere, no risk of losing a unit to bad luck, no limitations based on how many military units you have on hand to finish the job.

Thekingofthehill

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2020, 07:38:38 am »

Hello guys, i had quite a lot of fun with the mod, recently fight off a dwarf invasion, while one of my skeleton singly beat two dwarf warrior with wrestle technique .. thou right now i think he is missing most of his arms and leg after the fight. Wondering how it work for skeleton to be repair or not.

thou i ask here because i think i have a couple of bug or not working feature of the mod. First is the aether gate .. that nobody use to create new stuff, not sure if i need something special to make it work and wouldn't like to know how work.

and after i got an another issue is with the necromantic monument ... for some reason it just doesn't work, i use it to try resurrect two female dwarf warlock .. when it finish it just didn't create new warlock, i just lost two soul and 20 iron bar, not big lost, but, having such a powerful engine and not be able to use is quite problematic ^^'. 

So i was wondering if anyone know what happen or how to make it work.

Striderdarnell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2020, 05:29:53 am »

Been on a warlock run for two nights now in a row. First for your aether gate, it needs a warlock with alchemy labor on. Second the necromatic monuments female resurrections are completely broken, focus only on the males. After trying making a female elf and a female human went down the drain, I went for a quick male elf and it worked just fine.

Now my question is, how do you make the slade and obsidian factory's start producing? I managed to make the fire shrine pump out the lava needed to fill in 5ft of magma in 5 spaces. I tried moving around the factorys to get as much of the magma as possible and it worked when it didn't alert me to not having enough magma under its 8 tile spaces. But now its asking "No new tasks available" "check for raw material access and fuel if necessary". Is there simply no tasks I can preform? Or am i missing... I'm going to try to get water under a tile now...

1. Alchemy labor on for aether gate.
2. Female resurrections don't work.

Update: Nah thought you needed water and magma under the slade/obsidian factory's. Or its just broken, no kink statues for my warlocks...  :'(
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:35:35 am by Striderdarnell »

Thekingofthehill

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2020, 03:26:28 pm »

Thanks for the awnser i will try it out when i boot up the game next time ^^

Striderdarnell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2020, 07:45:35 pm »

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone else is having problems with getting slad/obsidian factorys going. And if anyone else has sent out squads of skeletons and they never return, I've lost 3 squads of skeletons and accidentally sent out my Stewerd/warlord who has not returned.

1. Do the magma factorys work? What am I missing except for a channel with 7/7 magma source.

2. Do squads work with the warlock mod, will they ever return?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2021, 09:49:17 am »

Bump, since some brought it up on Reddit, at least looking for a part of it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jazard23

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2022, 12:54:36 pm »

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone else is having problems with getting slad/obsidian factorys going. And if anyone else has sent out squads of skeletons and they never return, I've lost 3 squads of skeletons and accidentally sent out my Stewerd/warlord who has not returned.

1. Do the magma factorys work? What am I missing except for a channel with 7/7 magma source.

2. Do squads work with the warlock mod, will they ever return?

Sorry to necro this thread (although it is fitting if you look at the contents of the mod  ;D), but I felt this might be useful if other people stumble upon this problem.
It seems that in the file entity_evil_warlock.txt (found under Dwarf Fortress > raw > objects), the lines [PERMITTED_REACTION:OBSIDIAN_BOULDER] and [PERMITTED_REACTION:SLADE_BOULDER] are absent. Before you generate a new world, add these below [PERMITTED_BUILDING:SLADE_CASTER] and you should be able to use the reactions.

Also, very nice mod, it is a shame I only found it this late!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 12:56:25 pm by Jazard23 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]