Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: [47.05] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 168238 times)

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #285 on: November 04, 2020, 04:40:15 pm »

I'm wearing a full set of exceptional-quality (helm, mail shirt, breastplate and greaves are masterwork) Aetherial armor (helm, breastplate, mail shirt, greaves, high boots and gauntlets) and wielding a masterwork Aetherial knife, along with a masterwork Aetherial buckler. Though, both of these are strapped to my upper body when the glitch happens, for obvious reasons.
As for the victims' equipment, I'll try reproducing the glitch a couple more times.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 04, 2020, 04:43:39 pm »

Weirdly enough, my attempts of reproducing the glitch were in vain.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 05:34:59 pm by Kyuuketsuki_23 »

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 04, 2020, 05:02:34 pm »

Nevermind! Just now, I've... Reproduced it? Don't know if this counts, but now my enemy's cloak spontaneously combusted. I noticed that after I broke their right shoulder via wrestling, so it's probably what caused the glitch this time.
The cloak was made of sheep wool. I'm still wearing a full set of mostly exceptional, partially masterwork Aetherial armor. A masterwork aetherial whip and a masterwork aetherial buckler are strapped to my upper body. I'm currently wielding an xdemented phyllite athamex and a demented copper athame.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 05:18:21 pm by Kyuuketsuki_23 »

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 04, 2020, 05:19:25 pm »

And again. Just now, after I've scratched my enemy in the right foot, their long rope reed skirt has been set on fire.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 04, 2020, 05:33:24 pm »

Just now, I re-read the combat logs and realized that my character, at some point, has grabbed the particular skirt that was set on fire later.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 04, 2020, 06:26:08 pm »

Yeah, I've just now been able to confirm the bug in game myself. Still not sure what's causing it vut dfhack shows me the aetherial equipment I wear has obscene impossible temperatures like -1595°C, clothing I attempt to wear or hold bursts into flames or disintegrates, also at seemingly random extremely high or low temperatures. I'll try and see what's causing it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 04, 2020, 07:02:30 pm »

Alrighty. For now, I'll create a new character without aetherial equipment (since it seems to cause the bug) until you can provide a fix, lol. Thank you for your help and patience!

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 05, 2020, 05:32:40 am »

Excuse me but could you please tell me, what do the Primeval Vampires' racial abilities do?
As for Raise Thrall, everything's clear. Your average resurrection.
Embrace Vampirism is simple, too. Though, I'd absolutely love it if the newly-turned vampire would become a companion of the user, since, you know, I've tried turning a civillian into a vampire and ended up having to kill them because they were still hostile.
Drain Vitality (or something? I always forget the name) and Spell of Major Recuperation are the two that confuse me most.
Drain Vitality is supposed to injure your enemy and heal you, right? Well, I've casted it on people multiple times and only noticed an effect once - my injuries healed a bit.
Plus, it doesn't seem to cause any visible harm to the target.
As for the Spell of Major Recuperation, it didn't seem to do anything at all when I casted it on myself and my undead thralls.
However, when I checked my [h]ealth after casting it, three minuses appeared under the injuries' descriptions, like this:
left foot
torn open
---

Is there more than meets the eye to Drain Vitality and Spell of Major Recuperation...?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 05, 2020, 05:36:44 pm »

The recuperation effects appear to be buggy. I've tried various different things, but it seems they just don't always work. Drain vitality does not heal you, though, it just weakens the target. It should always cause dizziness with a side of pain, numbness and rarely paralysis, while also reducing all their physical attributes by 50%. It's a bit temperamental too since it relies on reaching the skin, and targets wearing clothes rarely get hit on an exposed part. I've got a fix for that I've had some small success with, by changing the material emission to fire both a liquid that remains liquid and one that becomes a gas after hitting the target, so there's as much chance it will be inhaled as it lands on an exposed part, but that increases raw file bloat because it needs two different materials (since one material can't be in two states simultaneously while both being the same effective temperature) and I've had issues in the past with vaporizing materials behaving like aetherial metal was and roasting people alive. I fixed that part at least.

Embrace vampirism isn't technically supposed to be used on others btw, it was meant for someone who drank the primeval vampires blood to use on themselves. There's currently no way to force someone to join you, and as a semi-megabeast the primeval vampire is treated like the bad guy by everyone.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 05:38:37 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 09, 2020, 07:42:01 pm »

A new version has been uploaded;

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=6378

Changes include;
completion of the kineroch school of magic (storms and wind)
completion of Dryad creatures and civilization (They're more violent and less concerned with being kosher than elves, but still live in forest retreats
addition of new chimera types; classical lion chimera and a kangaroo-owl-scorpion chimera
completion of conjuration of aetherial items in fort mode (includes boulders, logs, metallic aetherium bars, weapons and armor)
Additional undead creature types and regional effects
A few new creature summoning reactions; Peons, familiars, misc. creatures and pet/tameable creatures only.
New wildlife; rose budders (a large hedgehog made of plants, lays rose bud eggs), Craven creepers (tiny, fearful mushroom people), Mini Dwarves (hive-able vermin can produce gold and steel ingots) Large honey bees (between cat and dog size) and Giant honey bees (almost horse-sized, milkable for honey or venom)

Bugfixes including
"soulless person/people/men/women" name changed to "Peon(s)," "pet" castes removed, can now be summoned instead of bred.
Primeval vampires should be less clunky to play as
Recuperation and Reformation effects more likely to function
spirit wisps now less unstoppable; they can now become overexerted, less confident personality making them more likely to flee combat
Sleep root and dream ale will no longer put dwarves out of action for years. Sleep root extract will, however.
I forget

A new bestiary has been added in the extra files folder, detailing almost all the creatures in the mod.
I make Spellcrafts!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 09, 2020, 07:47:46 pm »

Here is the contents of that bestiary, linked from the OP:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 07:50:35 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

ArcadeMischief

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 20, 2020, 01:28:37 pm »

Hey! Amazing mod  :D

I have to ask a few questions, i have new races on DF and i wanted to ask if those races can get magical powers too or if i need to change something so i can make them have it.
And when i use the polymorph power in adventurer mode and transform into a albatross, how do i get back to normal?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 20, 2020, 08:39:23 pm »

Any creature in the general_poison class should be able to obtain the mundane spells, with the exception of any that have the cannot_learn_magic class. Technically this means like unintelligent creatures can learn them too, so keep any curiousbeast_eater critters out of your food stockpiles. Vermin luckily can't use interactions.

Secrets should be learnable by any creature which can_learn and can_speak, so even immortal creatures can learn the custom secrets. Vampire and werebeast interactions don't allow supernatural or already not_living creatures. You cannot become both a vampire and werebeast through normal means. You can protect yourself from nosferatu bite vampirism with the medisephos curse protection spell, and protect yourself from werebeast bites with the polybestial polyprotection spell.

Oh, those don't count for vanilla generated interactions I think. You might still end up being a weregiraffe

The polymorph into creatures wears off after a few hundred ticks, but there's no way to cancel it early. Youll have to pass the time somehow. I made a couple macros for that purpose.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 08:41:33 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Fi

• Bay Watcher
  • φ
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 23, 2020, 01:19:24 am »

Hi, I am trying to play Dwarf Fortress with Adventurecraft and Spellcrafts manually installed together (Adventurecraft first then Spellcrafts second with the usage of its guide in the main post), but I can't seem to successfully generate a world beyond 70-100 years without it crashing.

I figured it had something to do with Adventurecraft's strange body alterations involving the :HUMANOID_JOINTS: and the :NECK:, so I did as per your suggestion and removed them from each 'creature_spellcrafts_?.txt' file, but I am experiencing another issue I can't seem to fix:

Code: (errorlog.txt) [Select]
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature SPELL_SPIDER_QUEEN
undefined local creature material set to default: SPELL_SPIDER_QUEEN TANNEDCHITIN
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature SPELL_CHIMERA
undefined local creature material set to default: SPELL_CHIMERA TANNEDCHITIN
undefined local creature material set to default: SPELL_CHIMERA TANNEDSCALE
undefined local creature material set to default: SPELL_CHIMERA TANNEDSCALE
SPELL_CHIMERA:FEMALE_LION:lion's skull, layer 1: Tissue SKULL was not found, using first tissue instead
SPELL_CHIMERA:FEMALE_LION:goat's skull, layer 1: Tissue SKULL was not found, using first tissue instead
SPELL_CHIMERA:FEMALE_LION:snake's skull, layer 1: Tissue SKULL was not found, using first tissue instead
SPELL_CHIMERA:MALE_LION:lion's skull, layer 1: Tissue SKULL was not found, using first tissue instead
SPELL_CHIMERA:MALE_LION:goat's skull, layer 1: Tissue SKULL was not found, using first tissue instead
SPELL_CHIMERA:MALE_LION:snake's skull, layer 1: Tissue SKULL was not found, using first tissue instead
SPELL_CHIMERA:FEMALE_FROG:skull, layer 1: Tissue SKULL was not found, using first tissue instead
SPELL_CHIMERA:MALE_FROG:skull, layer 1: Tissue SKULL was not found, using first tissue instead
SPELL_CHIMERA:FEMALE_MARSUPIAL:skull, layer 1: Tissue SKULL was not found, using first tissue instead
SPELL_CHIMERA:MALE_MARSUPIAL:skull, layer 1: Tissue SKULL was not found, using first tissue instead

Is there anything I can do to solve these errors? I don't know where to look for 'TANNEDCHITIN' and 'TANNEDSCALE', and 'SKULL' seems like it is referencing a body part, but it mentioned 'tissue', so I have no idea regarding where to look for that nor what to change about it.

Thanks in advance,
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:23:38 am by Fi »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 23, 2020, 01:35:59 am »

Oh, chimeras and spider queens each use a different body detail plan than regular creatures (they have bits that are both skinned, scaled, and chitin-covered/lack bones, so it needed a funny detail plan to allow those to work.) Adventure craft didn't modify these body detail plans, so it must be trying to call on materials and tissues adventure craft adds. I would suggest opening up the body_detail_plan_default.txt and finding where these materials and tissues are being added by adventurecraft and copy-pasting them into the body detail plans spider_queen_materials and _tissues and chimera_all_materials and _tissues in body_detail_plan_spellcrafts.txt

That might solve the crashes but it might not. I don't know enough about adventure craft.

[edit]

I downloaded and looked into it and it looks like it did add a new entity definition, NATIVE_ANIMAL_PEOPLES, which hasnt had its LEISURE_TIME value set to a negative number. Try changing it to -5, along with every other civ that has a 0 or positive value, and see if that stops the crashes
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 02:09:06 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29