Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: [47.05] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 173676 times)

Bloodwarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • im themysteriousgamer on youtube
    • View Profile
    • themysteriousgamer
Re: [47.05] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #375 on: March 20, 2022, 05:22:39 pm »

wanted to show off this mod so here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2uO-vrnv38

Bad_Goblin

• Bay Watcher
  • Ergh
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 21, 2022, 07:04:56 pm »

Sweet, Can't wait to try this out.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 23, 2022, 02:26:59 pm »

If I may ask yet another weird question, how is magic related to secrets (for example, Nature) obtained? Biomancy sounds like a nice thing to have on my Adventurer.

Also, is it normal that when I try to view a creature from this mod in the object testing arena, my game crashes? Said creature was an Unnatural Child from the Birth sphere, if that matters.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 24, 2022, 05:00:56 pm »

1) pretty sure primeval vampires are Human sized, could be wrong.

2) thank you for showcasing the mod properly! I really appreciate it and hope you guys enjoy it, am still working on it too, slowly...

3) the secrets you would gain from a slab or book from an associated tower if your world generated one. If not there's no other direct way of acquiring secrets at the moment, but it's not difficult to pull off so it's a possibility.

There was a bug with the unnatural child as well as witchlights and possessed children (the sandman nightcreatures wife) I'm working on fixing those currently. Got the sandman under control (ish, they still won't cast their damn buff spell on the sandman like they're supposed to) and the witchlight I'm still fighting with, it's the source of a crash while loading the creature raws that occurs sporadically. Luckily this CTD won't corrupt a save so you can restart df and reload the save if you experience it
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 24, 2022, 06:45:48 pm »

One thought. Familiar isn't being offered as an option for clothing sizes, and I'm having trouble finding anything that'll fit them. Is there a way to have them on the size list?

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 24, 2022, 07:04:54 pm »

1) pretty sure primeval vampires are Human sized, could be wrong.

2) thank you for showcasing the mod properly! I really appreciate it and hope you guys enjoy it, am still working on it too, slowly...

3) the secrets you would gain from a slab or book from an associated tower if your world generated one. If not there's no other direct way of acquiring secrets at the moment, but it's not difficult to pull off so it's a possibility.

There was a bug with the unnatural child as well as witchlights and possessed children (the sandman nightcreatures wife) I'm working on fixing those currently. Got the sandman under control (ish, they still won't cast their damn buff spell on the sandman like they're supposed to) and the witchlight I'm still fighting with, it's the source of a crash while loading the creature raws that occurs sporadically. Luckily this CTD won't corrupt a save so you can restart df and reload the save if you experience it

Alright, got it, thank you very much for the information!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 25, 2022, 05:39:40 pm »

One thought. Familiar isn't being offered as an option for clothing sizes, and I'm having trouble finding anything that'll fit them. Is there a way to have them on the size list?

If they were fully intelligent by default maybe. The species is technically an unintelligent animal by default and uses an interaction to grant them intelligence after entering play. Which isn't strictly necessary, really. There was a reason for it initially (so you can assign them to people as trained pets iirc) but they wouldn't be that much more useless than they already turned out to be if I just made them intelligent from the get-go
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 25, 2022, 07:01:42 pm »

They never turn up in Dwarf Therapist, or I'd cheat turn on clothesmaking for one of them. Anything they tailored would automatically be their size I think, provided I didn't set a different size. I think mine are pretty darn unhappy for a variety of reasons, but being naked and not owning anything nice is probably a big part of it. You could just make a sentient that's the same size, but so incredibly rare it never turns up.

I don't find them useless. They do a fine job of hauling and recovering wounded. Well, some of them do. Some never do anything other than sit about.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 07:04:58 pm by Arkenor »

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 21, 2022, 10:01:36 am »

I've returned to the thread of this undoubtfully splendid mod once more to ask another question.

Do Dementia's Ghouls (the ones you can learn to raise) spread their condition? Like, do those bitten/scratched/etc by them start to turn into Ghouls?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 21, 2022, 02:51:58 pm »

Yes, they raise the standard ghoul creature, same one necromancers can.

Ive not done a lot with the mod recently, its been a hectic and exhausting few months.
I make Spellcrafts!

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 21, 2022, 04:41:59 pm »

Alright, thanks for the information.

Also, good luck handling whatever troubles you IRL!

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 02, 2022, 08:17:29 am »

I'm back again to resurrect this thread and ask another question the answer to which someone might perhaps know: how exactly does the Primeval Vampires' Quick Reformation ability work, technically? Like, how exactly are the user/target's missing body parts regrown?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 02, 2022, 06:46:15 pm »

First it throws these at the target for five ticks:

CE_REDUCE_PAIN
CE_REDUCE_SWELLING
CE_REDUCE_PARALYSIS
CE_REDUCE_DIZZINESS
CE_REDUCE_NAUSEA
CE_REDUCE_FEVER

Then it applies these;
CE_STOP_BLEEDING
CE_CLOSE_OPEN_WOUNDS
CE_HEAL_TISSUES
CE_HEAL_NERVES
CE_CURE_INFECTION
CE_REGROW_PARTS

it repeats those four times, for a few ticks each. This is because they often dont take effect as reliably as I would like, and repeatedly applying the same effect seemed to help that. The long version also applies those effects four times, but for 100 ticks each and spaced 100 ticks apart, except the last iteration, which runs for 600 ticks. Im not totally clear on whether or not that means youll repeatedly be healed from any injuries that occur during that time period or only injuries that occurred before the effect was applied. It needs more testing on that front.

Weak recuperation applies the healing effects once each and strong applies them twice.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 06:50:05 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 03, 2022, 05:19:43 am »

First it throws these at the target for five ticks:

CE_REDUCE_PAIN
CE_REDUCE_SWELLING
CE_REDUCE_PARALYSIS
CE_REDUCE_DIZZINESS
CE_REDUCE_NAUSEA
CE_REDUCE_FEVER

Then it applies these;
CE_STOP_BLEEDING
CE_CLOSE_OPEN_WOUNDS
CE_HEAL_TISSUES
CE_HEAL_NERVES
CE_CURE_INFECTION
CE_REGROW_PARTS

it repeats those four times, for a few ticks each. This is because they often dont take effect as reliably as I would like, and repeatedly applying the same effect seemed to help that. The long version also applies those effects four times, but for 100 ticks each and spaced 100 ticks apart, except the last iteration, which runs for 600 ticks. Im not totally clear on whether or not that means youll repeatedly be healed from any injuries that occur during that time period or only injuries that occurred before the effect was applied. It needs more testing on that front.

Weak recuperation applies the healing effects once each and strong applies them twice.

Oh, I see. Very interesting, thanks for answering!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #389 on: September 08, 2022, 08:32:28 am »

Im not totally clear on whether or not that means youll repeatedly be healed from any injuries that occur during that time period or only injuries that occurred before the effect was applied. It needs more testing on that front.

I can confirm that healing symptoms will continue to take effect on new wounds.  I made an unending syndrome that simply applies all healing traits forever; when a limb is cut off it immediately starts regrowing.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29