Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: [47.05] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 173704 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #405 on: November 07, 2022, 11:47:56 am »

The file's in a state where it would be a lot of work to revert back to whatever it was, so anything will have to wait until ive confirmed all my changes are working properly and upload a new version. That said, I'm not too keen on managing multiple versions of the mod either, unless they make large-scale changes. One creature edit isnt really enough to justify that.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 07, 2022, 11:51:26 am »

Oh, I see. That changes the situation, sorry for the trouble.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 07, 2022, 12:05:53 pm »

However, how does the idea of making this change whenever you upload the next planned update sound?

TheGoomba98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 07, 2022, 04:27:05 pm »

On a similar line of thought - why is it that the new bogeymen you added in this mod have their NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMAN tag commented out?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 07, 2022, 06:18:03 pm »

Ah, there had been an issue with one of them that was causing a crash, and I forgot to restore them. I'll do that now!

As for the vampire, im going to keep the current version of it in the mod. I'll make you a duplicate you can download without the megabeast tag.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheGoomba98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 08, 2022, 04:27:45 pm »

Did you forget to actually upload the fix? I'm looking at the DFFD page for this mod many hours after you posted that, and I don't see an update for it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 08, 2022, 06:43:41 pm »

Sorry, no, It's not actually ready to upload just yet, I do intend to upload it sometime this next week
I make Spellcrafts!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 10, 2022, 11:34:58 am »

Sorry for locking the topic there I must have pressed the button by accident. Should really have a confirmation pop up before proceeding there haha
I make Spellcrafts!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 18, 2022, 08:39:54 pm »

I will be uploading the new version as soon as DFFD is back up and operational
I make Spellcrafts!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 21, 2022, 06:20:43 pm »

I have updated the mod. There might be some further bug fixes and finalizations after this, but this will be the last major update for the current version of DF. My plan is to figure out how to do some basic graphics and upload future updates for the Classic and Premium versions of the steam release once that becomes possible.
I make Spellcrafts!

FaceFondler

• Bay Watcher
  • TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 29, 2022, 08:15:37 pm »

Came back to this mod after 4 years and man, can't believe it's still updated and worked on! Big thanks, i've had the most fun with this mod so far.

That being said, dust bunnies just scared the SHIT out of me. Going to keep one chained at the entrance of my fort as a thief deterrent now, that dust/hair attack is no joke
THE HAND SPEAKS, THE HAND OF A GOVERNMENT MAN

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 30, 2022, 08:58:02 pm »

Thank you I really appreciate that!

The dust bunnies are fairly dangerous for their size, the caverns are a scary place for little critters after all. Would recommend marksdwarves.
I make Spellcrafts!

FaceFondler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 06, 2022, 01:54:46 am »

Pardon me if this info is available elsewhere, but is there any other documentation around the stuff you can make with the enchanting table? I kinda want to make a squad of wizards and deck 'em out with staves, but I'm not sure on the mechanics of the wand/staves.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 06, 2022, 02:14:15 am »

In terms of how you use them, they're just like crossbows or bows. You just need to assign your squad to wield them, and make sure they have charges, not bolts, as ammunition. And you need to make those charges.

In terms of effectiveness they should be similar to a crossbow as a ranged weapon.
I make Spellcrafts!

FaceFondler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 06, 2022, 02:31:54 am »

In terms of how you use them, they're just like crossbows or bows. You just need to assign your squad to wield them, and make sure they have charges, not bolts, as ammunition. And you need to make those charges.

In terms of effectiveness they should be similar to a crossbow as a ranged weapon.

Oh sweet, do they have special effects or are they basically just reskinned crossbows? Either way, I'm planning on making an isolated barrack for my wizards and dropping essence enriched food in via a chute, so they'll fighting spicily regardless.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29