Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]

Author Topic: [47.05] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 172003 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #420 on: December 06, 2022, 12:00:27 pm »

They're a rescinded crossbow, it would require special dfhack scripts to get special effects put of them, as items can't be the source of interactions yet
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FaceFondler

• Bay Watcher
  • TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 06, 2022, 12:17:10 pm »

They're a rescinded crossbow, it would require special dfhack scripts to get special effects put of them, as items can't be the source of interactions yet

honestly just the fact that I can equip my dorfs with projectile spewing wands and staves is enough for me! Thanks for answering all my questions over the past 4 years by the way, I'm insanely excited to try your mod in the premium version! I'm gonna use the mod as it is currently, but do you happen to have any plans to add graphical tiles for DF premium in the future? Not that I mind seeing a big ole R for dust bunnies or anything!
THE HAND SPEAKS, THE HAND OF A GOVERNMENT MAN

FaceFondler

• Bay Watcher
  • TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 06, 2022, 01:22:09 pm »

Sorry to blow the thread up, I tried installing the mod for steam DF but I keep getting rejections during world gen. Something about farming civs being placed without crops, and googling this seems to suggest that the civ doesn't have access to their farmable crops in their starting biome. Is this something that I could fix on my end, or would I have to wait for a mod update?

I recall hearing Tarn say something about making changes to farming, but I don't know if the updates were severe enough to break anything.

Thanks in advance!
THE HAND SPEAKS, THE HAND OF A GOVERNMENT MAN

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 06, 2022, 06:21:50 pm »

I have no idea yet, I haven't had the opportunity to look into it. This mod isn't intended to run on the steam version yet
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 26, 2022, 01:26:11 pm »

I've been playing around and got the mod stable enough to upload, minus a couple civs, so in going to do that tonight. I'll be making a new DFFD entry for it and a new thread, then upload onto the steam workshop as soon as I can.

There are basically no sprites for anything but the tools and conjuring circle as yet, but it's playable if you don't mind the stand in critter and some weapons being invisible.

It should work just fine in classic mode though
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 01:28:51 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

jolibee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 26, 2022, 03:27:49 pm »

That's awesome!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]