Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: [47.05] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 168248 times)

Fi

• Bay Watcher
  • φ
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #300 on: November 23, 2020, 02:58:23 pm »

Oh, chimeras and spider queens each use a different body detail plan than regular creatures (they have bits that are both skinned, scaled, and chitin-covered/lack bones, so it needed a funny detail plan to allow those to work.) Adventure craft didn't modify these body detail plans, so it must be trying to call on materials and tissues adventure craft adds. I would suggest opening up the body_detail_plan_default.txt and finding where these materials and tissues are being added by adventurecraft and copy-pasting them into the body detail plans spider_queen_materials and _tissues and chimera_all_materials and _tissues in body_detail_plan_spellcrafts.txt

That might solve the crashes but it might not. I don't know enough about adventure craft.

[edit]

I downloaded and looked into it and it looks like it did add a new entity definition, NATIVE_ANIMAL_PEOPLES, which hasnt had its LEISURE_TIME value set to a negative number. Try changing it to -5, along with every other civ that has a 0 or positive value, and see if that stops the crashes

I successfully generated a world!

It was kind of amusing because the errorlogs kept telling me one after another that the Chimera and the Spider Queen wanted this, and that, and this, and that, and now it's content, lol.

Even though I was able to successfully generate a large world of 125 (short) years, should the Chimera's and the Spider Queen's materials and tissues look like this? Actually, I'll skip the Spider Queen's since the errorlogs only wanted to me give her 'TANNEDCHITIN' alongside her regular 'CHITIN' as 'ADD_MATERIAL', but the errorlogs wanted me to add quite a bit for the Chimera (I added a '+' by the new entries):

Code: (b_detail_plan_spellcrafts.txt {Altered}) [Select]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHIMERA_ALL_MATERIALS]
[ADD_MATERIAL:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:ICHOR:ICHOR_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:SKIN:SKIN_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:TANNEDSCALE:TANNED_SCALE_TEMPLATE] +
[ADD_MATERIAL:CHITIN:CHITIN_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:TANNEDCHITIN:TANNED_CHITIN_TEMPLATE] +
[ADD_MATERIAL:FAT:FAT_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:MUSCLE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:CARTILAGE:CARTILAGE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:HAIR:HAIR_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:HOOF:HOOF_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:SKULL:SKULL_TEMPLATE] +
[ADD_MATERIAL:CLEANEDSKULL:CLEANED_SKULL_TEMPLATE] +
[ADD_MATERIAL:TOOTH:TOOTH_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:EYE:EYE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:NERVE:NERVE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:BRAIN:BRAIN_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:LUNG:LUNG_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:HEART:HEART_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:LIVER:LIVER_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:GUT:GUT_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:STOMACH:STOMACH_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:GIZZARD:GIZZARD_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:PANCREAS:PANCREAS_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:SPLEEN:SPLEEN_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:KIDNEY:KIDNEY_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:LEATHER_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:PARCHMENT:PARCHMENT_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:TALLOW:TALLOW_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:SOAP:SOAP_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:EGGSHELL:EGGSHELL_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:EGG_WHITE:EGG_WHITE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:EGG_YOLK:EGG_YOLK_TEMPLATE]

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHIMERA_ALL_TISSUES]
[ADD_TISSUE:SKIN:SKIN_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:CHITIN:CHITIN_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:FAT:FAT_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:MUSCLE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:CARTILAGE:CARTILAGE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:HAIR:HAIR_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:HOOF:HOOF_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:SKULL:SKULL_TEMPLATE] +
[ADD_TISSUE:TOOTH:TOOTH_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:EYE:EYE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:NERVE:NERVE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:BRAIN:BRAIN_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:LUNG:LUNG_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:HEART:HEART_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:LIVER:LIVER_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:GUT:GUT_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:STOMACH:STOMACH_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:GIZZARD:GIZZARD_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:PANCREAS:PANCREAS_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:SPLEEN:SPLEEN_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_TISSUE:KIDNEY:KIDNEY_TEMPLATE]

I'm mainly hoping those new entries won't result in any unintended abnormalities that will stray away from how you intended their bodies to be.

Oh! Another interesting detail is that I didn't have to change any of the civilizations' 'LEISURE_TIME' and 'MERRIMENT' to '-5' to avoid a worldgen crash, but I may have just been lucky; I can test a few more large world generations to be certain.

If I do not crash without having to alter those value tokens, do you think my files (despite having Adventurecraft's files in the mix) could help with fixing that pesky bug?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:02:26 pm by Fi »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 23, 2020, 05:35:15 pm »

With fixing that bug, I don't think so. I dont experience crashes myself except extremely rarely after implementing these changes, vanilla or with any mod installed. If I'm patient/my laptop is plugged in and doesn't run out of batteries I can generate medium worlds to 700 or so.

Those files should be fine, those look to all be materials applied after processing the products from killing and butchering a creature, so it won't affect the creatures while they're alive.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fi

• Bay Watcher
  • φ
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 23, 2020, 05:59:32 pm »

With fixing that bug, I don't think so. I dont experience crashes myself except extremely rarely after implementing these changes, vanilla or with any mod installed. If I'm patient/my laptop is plugged in and doesn't run out of batteries I can generate medium worlds to 700 or so.

Those files should be fine, those look to all be materials applied after processing the products from killing and butchering a creature, so it won't affect the creatures while they're alive.

Ah, okay, if it's an extremely rare occurrence then I'll worry not about it.

Thanks a ton for sparing the time to diagnose the problem for me; I really appreciate it. ღ I have one more question—if you don't mind, and I promise it's a simple one for a Mod Author such as yourself that won't require delving into any files for a solution (I at least hope it won't, lol):

Do you know how to assign graphic tiles to modded creatures? I'm using Vettlingr's graphics set, and I don't want the creatures added from Adventurecraft and Spellcrafts to appear as symbols or as Vettlingr's default Dwarf/Human tile (I tested starting as a Dryad, but I appeared to be a default Dwarf/Human).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 06:01:06 pm by Fi »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 24, 2020, 02:42:17 am »

I don't actually. I keep meaning to get around to doing graphics stuff but I get distracted/put it off, so I've never actually finished a sprite or messed with the graphics file.

I suppose Ill have to do that eventually for the steam release

and i really dont mind answering questions, im often stuck at home with nothing to do since im between jobs at the moment, so i get bored often
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 02:43:51 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ArcadeMischief

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 30, 2020, 08:44:21 pm »

Hey :D!
I have a few questions, can i only add "druidic_magic" and "shamanic_magic" to the game or would that not be possible?
And, can i only make it so only dwarfs can learn it? How would i do that?
Can i change the secret goal? Or is that hardcoded?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 08:48:32 pm by ArcadeMischief »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 01, 2020, 10:20:56 pm »

The druidic and shamanic secrets got overwritten/removed at some point, and although there are secrets for beasts and plants for druidic magic I have not replaced the shamanic secret/school as of yet.

It is possible to make a secret only available to a single race but there's nothing preventing other civs' deities from spitting out the appropriate secret slab and then the would-be practitioner failing to use it. If you split the secret into two syndromes, one which affects everybody and grants immortality, and one that only affects dwarves but grants all the actual powers, then that would probably work in WG and during play.

Immortality is the only goal currently which will lead people to pursue secrets, so changing it would just mean it never actually shows up in play.

The mod as it exists isn't meant to be divied up quite that much yet, I'm still compartmentalizing things, but if you deleted everything else, then of course you'd only be left with the desired druid secret.

To do that, delete;
All the creature files besides creature_spellcrafts and creature_spellcrafts_druidtrans
The added entity files so the only thing left is entity_default
the added inorganic files except inorganic_spellcrafts
the added interaction files except interaction_spellcrafts_base, interaction_spellcrafts_effects, interaction_spellcrafts_spheres_a-e, interaction_spellcrafts_spheres_t-z and interaction_spellcrafts_summons
delete all the reactions files, since you wont be using reactions.
Also delete the plant_spellcrafts file

Then in interaction_spellcrafts_spheres_a-e, delete [INTERACTION:SPELLCRAFTS_SECRET_SPHERE_BIRTH] and everything after it, and in interaction_spellcrafts_spheres_t-z, delete everything before [INTERACTION:SPELLCRAFTS_SECRET_SPHERE_TREES], and then delete [INTERACTION:SPELLCRAFTS_SECRET_SPHERE_STORMS] and everything after it. The only things left then should be [INTERACTION:SPELLCRAFTS_SECRET_SPHERE_ANIMALS] and [INTERACTION:SPELLCRAFTS_SECRET_SPHERE_TREES] and their associated info. I think.

Then edit the entity_default.txt file and below [RELIGION_SPHERE:WEALTH] add [RELIGION_SPHERE:ANIMALS] and [RELIGION_SPHERE:TREES], which should make the dwarven entity produce deities of those spheres which will have a chance of sharing those secrets. Then you'd have to edit the actual secrets so only dwarves can learn them, and that would entail adding a second effect, so copy this part;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and paste it again below [CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:NOT_LIVING:START:0] so it should then look like this:

Then leave the upper I_EFFECT as-is and add [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:ALL] below the SYNDROME line of the second one. This should allow any race to acquire the title and immortality, but only dwarves will gain the powers.

This could all cause lots of additional errors, of course, and I have tested none of it, but just in the 15 minutes it took to look through the files I think this is all the work necessary to strip it down to where those are the only major effects you'd encounter. And like I said, there's no shamanic secret at the moment, so plant and animal druids are all you'd get.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 10:22:33 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

ArcadeMischief

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 01, 2020, 11:59:49 pm »

Wow! Thank you!
I'm trying to create my own world based on the stories i've been writing, and this will help a lot.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 02, 2020, 02:03:26 am »

Good luck! Hope your stories turn out well
I make Spellcrafts!

pietrko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 24, 2020, 03:42:34 pm »

Would this mod work with "Human Fortress v2.0  mod"?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 25, 2020, 09:18:04 am »

You will need to copy/paste the following lines (from the entity_default file from the Spellcrafts mod) into the entity_hf_default file under [ENTITY:hf_PLAINS] in the Human Fortress mod:

Everything else should work together without issue.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 26, 2020, 04:22:27 pm »

Greetings everyone, I've got a question to ask. Since I'm redownloading the mod, I wonder: is it correct that I should extract:

1) The contents of the .zip that aren't in any folder

2) The entity_default.txt from the 'Vanilla Entity and extra info' folder

3) The entire 'text' folder from the .zip file

3,5) Optionally, the contents of the 'Civ Set' folder

All into the raw/objects of my game?

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 26, 2020, 06:46:26 pm »

Also, what do the Primeval Vampires' 'Quick Reformation', 'Cast Drain Vitality' and 'Grant Vampirism - Basic' do?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 27, 2020, 03:29:37 am »

Greetings everyone, I've got a question to ask. Since I'm redownloading the mod, I wonder: is it correct that I should extract:

That's all correct.

Also, the quick reformation is healing with limb regeneration, drain vitality weakens targets as they are successively hit by it (on bare flesh) and the grant vampirism will give a target the basic, vanilla-like vampirism.

You will need to copy/paste the following lines (from the entity_default file from the Spellcrafts mod) into the entity_hf_default file under [ENTITY:hf_PLAINS] in the Human Fortress mod:

I hope that works, because I've never tried that mod before
I make Spellcrafts!

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 27, 2020, 07:10:41 am »

That's all correct.

Also, the quick reformation is healing with limb regeneration, drain vitality weakens targets as they are successively hit by it (on bare flesh) and the grant vampirism will give a target the basic, vanilla-like vampirism.

I hope that works, because I've never tried that mod before
Okay, thank you very much for the info!

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 28, 2020, 11:04:25 am »

It's me again and I want to report something I believe to be an issue. While playing as a Primeval Vampire, everything was fine - even excellent, good job, OP, you've made it even more enjoyable - past one last thing.

TL;DR: Add the blood absorption effect to Primeval Vampires' bite attacks. And please do not confuse feeding (through E while an opponent is unconscious or has given into pain) and bite attacks (through the attack menu).

I've noticed that PVs don't drain blood with their bite attacks, because, well, normally you get messages like '(ENEMY_SPECIES_NAME) blood is sucked out of the wound!' while biting someone, but I don't. Please, fix that, since the blood absorption bite attacks thingy is quite convenient in this particular mod. I mean, doesn't it trigger ingestion-based interactions?

Does that mean that I can bite a wizard in combat and copy their powers, if I have the ability to drain blood with bites?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29