Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: [47.05] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 172970 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #315 on: December 29, 2020, 03:06:58 am »

I have no idea if that would work, but sure, I could add blood sucking to their bite attack. If you go into creature_spellcrafts_megabeasts and search "CREATURE:SPELLCRAFTS_PRIMEVAL_VAMPIRE" and then search "[ATTACK:BITE" it should take you to their bite attack, and you can paste in [SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD:100:1000] after the [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH] line, and that should let you do it in your next playthrough without waiting for an update, which will be a couple weeks at least because I'm tracking down a crash issue with ghouls (I think) right now.

[edit]

I did test it and it will in fact result in acquiring any ingestible enters_blood syndromes, youre correct. So I'll include it in the next update. You'd have to bite several times to kill even a kobold from blood loss, though, unless you turn the maximum amount up to like 10,000, then there's a chance of killing humans and dwarves with only a few bites.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 07:47:42 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pietrko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 31, 2020, 05:54:56 am »

Is anyone playing this mod with some graphic tileset (Mephs/Vettlingr's)?
Could you share your setup?
I wonder if it would be possible to use that mod with LNB?

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2021, 01:49:04 pm »

I have no idea if that would work, but sure, I could add blood sucking to their bite attack. If you go into creature_spellcrafts_megabeasts and search "CREATURE:SPELLCRAFTS_PRIMEVAL_VAMPIRE" and then search "[ATTACK:BITE" it should take you to their bite attack, and you can paste in [SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD:100:1000] after the [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH] line, and that should let you do it in your next playthrough without waiting for an update, which will be a couple weeks at least because I'm tracking down a crash issue with ghouls (I think) right now.

[edit]

I did test it and it will in fact result in acquiring any ingestible enters_blood syndromes, youre correct. So I'll include it in the next update. You'd have to bite several times to kill even a kobold from blood loss, though, unless you turn the maximum amount up to like 10,000, then there's a chance of killing humans and dwarves with only a few bites.

I'm sorry to hurry you but I wish to inquire, how is the update going? When will it be out?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 12, 2021, 03:30:50 am »

I dont have a good answer for that, Im still working on bugs, it could be a couple weeks or next month. The ghouls are still acting up and causing crashes in worldgen, for one.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 05, 2021, 04:54:02 am »

Hopefully the new bugfix will help with the crash issues.

Gonna try this mod out in 47.05 anyway and see if anything bad happens.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 09, 2021, 02:22:51 pm »

My dev version shows no issues migrating, so there shouldnt be. The crash caused by too many fish has not been fixed, it appears, so be sure to set merriment and leisure time to negative numbers in entity_default!

The mod-related issue with ghouls as a night creature instead of just undead raised by disease sphere secrets is taking too long to figure out. May release a new version today or tomorrow without them.
I make Spellcrafts!

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 20, 2021, 05:56:22 am »

I'm sorry to hurry you once more but I want to inquire, how's the issue with ghouls? Do you have an approximate idea of when the update will be out?

I am looking forward to a fix for that issue with Primeval Vampires not sucking blood with each bite I mentioned earlier, too.

I'll be patiently waiting for the update, though. Take as much time as you'd need, all I do is merely ask how soon you'll be done.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 23, 2021, 09:01:22 pm »

Are my dwarves suppose to able to fish up raw essences?
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 24, 2021, 06:10:28 pm »

Are my dwarves suppose to able to fish up raw essences?

Yes, I felt that these things may as well be available in the natural world, i.e. magic occurs as much naturally as implemented by mortal or divine hand. Fishing is the way they occur at the moment, but trapping is also an option. I want to make it specific to biomes that have specific sphere associations in the future, but that wont be possible until the myth and magic update is released, so for now they're available in regular rivers, lakes and pools.

I'm sorry to hurry you once more but I want to inquire, how's the issue with ghouls? Do you have an approximate idea of when the update will be out?

I am looking forward to a fix for that issue with Primeval Vampires not sucking blood with each bite I mentioned earlier, too.

I'll be patiently waiting for the update, though. Take as much time as you'd need, all I do is merely ask how soon you'll be done.

I could upload one now, but I'm still encountering various bugs and crashes, such as balmleaf plants not being farmable and alchemy reactions not working properly, and a worldgen crash I'm trying to track down (Although its frustratingly rare and I'm not sure if its not just DF in general crashing, not necessarily something Spellcrafts related)

The primeval vampires are sucking blood properly, though!
I make Spellcrafts!

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 25, 2021, 11:56:06 pm »

Yes, I felt that these things may as well be available in the natural world, i.e. magic occurs as much naturally as implemented by mortal or divine hand. Fishing is the way they occur at the moment, but trapping is also an option. I want to make it specific to biomes that have specific sphere associations in the future, but that wont be possible until the myth and magic update is released, so for now they're available in regular rivers, lakes and pools.

Cool, just wanted to make sure. I noticed it at first when making custom stocking piles and was a bit confused.

Edit

I'm using your mod with a mod that adds in some powerful enemies. It's hilarious to watch the high tier beasts run in from the sides of the map and be turned into toads and the like!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 12:00:54 am by Kraiger »
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 03, 2021, 02:10:25 pm »

I'm trying to set up a release now, but I'm still trying to figure out whats causing this worldgen crash, so it may not be until next week.
I make Spellcrafts!

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 17, 2021, 12:32:33 pm »

Is it alright if I "borrow" (and mostly heavily change) some things from this mod? I'll have a doc in the mod providing full credits.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 18, 2021, 02:23:15 pm »

Of course, go ahead.

Also, ill be releasing the update this weekend finally, no resolution on the wg crash but its not super frequent so you can still generate worlds. It might just be a bug with df...
I make Spellcrafts!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 25, 2021, 11:47:57 pm »

New version has finally been uploaded (internet was being stubborn)

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=6378
I make Spellcrafts!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 28, 2021, 06:41:49 am »

Thanks for the hard work, Eric - will be sure to give it a play soon.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29