Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: [47.05] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 171099 times)

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #360 on: August 26, 2021, 08:58:35 am »

Giving you a friendly bump for spellcrafts being one of the coolest mods out there,
Could you post the revised code for "- Feedlings also conjure their meat on the ground underneath them now, no need for a nest box." ? I'd like to port that over :)
The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 30, 2021, 01:14:12 pm »

Just here to say that this mod is sick as HFS, keep the Fun stuff going, Eric Blank!  :D

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 31, 2021, 12:01:28 am »

Giving you a friendly bump for spellcrafts being one of the coolest mods out there,
Could you post the revised code for "- Feedlings also conjure their meat on the ground underneath them now, no need for a nest box." ? I'd like to port that over :)

Yeah, the feedling creature lost the lays_unusual_egg lines and gained;

Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:FEEDLING_CONJURE_MEAT]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Drop Meat]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:CLEAN_SELF]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30000]

the interaction, in interaction_spellcrafts_effects.txt, is this:

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:FEEDLING_CONJURE_MEAT]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:recipient]
[I_EFFECT:CREATE_ITEM]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ITEM:100:3:MEAT:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:SPELL_MASTER_CHEF:MUSCLE]
[IE_ITEM_QUALITY:0]

So it basically is conjuring meat directly on the ground below itself. Humorously, the food wizard was conjuring piles of salmon under everyone in the fortress because I forgot a line of sight and max target number lines on their CDI. Frankly too much fish.

And thank you, both of you. Still working on updates.

Oh, and @Fikilili; The mini dwarves are themselves vermin, so unfortunately I couldnt do much of that stuff.
I decided to go with what brewer bob suggested, but instead of a new tool I just used coins; coins already exist in-game, meaning no new tools or reaction and you can already melt individual coins down and receive a bar after every ~10 coins iirc.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 12:14:54 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 31, 2021, 06:13:11 am »

Coins are a waaay better idea than a new item and reactions. Good thinking!

Robot_Face

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 25, 2021, 11:33:23 am »

I've been having an issue where my dwarves try to embark with an aetherial anvil, which isn't actually possible to use. It's pretty easy to fix by just swapping it for an iron one or whatever, but I am forgetful and unobservant and have missed it several times only to find that out the hard way later.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 26, 2021, 10:30:37 pm »

yeah, I found that it doesnt work for that too, so ive removed it as an option for the material. Im still trying to get it to work for woodcutting, it seems to work for mining picks and weapons and armor just fine, but woodcutting and anvils are being a pain in the ass for no apparent reason.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

holam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 22, 2022, 10:24:33 am »

Ok so one of my dwarfs joust made a magic staf artifact and I dont know with what skill does it escalate so I donīt know to who shoud I give it, or eaven if it needs some kind of amo . Can anyone explain this to me ?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 25, 2022, 03:14:30 pm »

I believe staves use the spear skill in melee. Magic staves fire "charges," using the blow gunner skill iirc. I'm not at the computer right now so I can't check

[edit]

I just checked, and magestaves are set up to use charges, with the throwing skill.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 09:18:45 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 14, 2022, 05:37:40 pm »

When I increase the number of secrets in Worldgen, am I increasing the chances of seeing your secrets in the world, or am I flooding them out with more versions of necromancy?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 14, 2022, 07:33:51 pm »

More versions of necromancy, however, the only spellcrafts secret you're less likely to see is my version of necromancy. The others will depend on deities of their respective spheres.
I make Spellcrafts!

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 18, 2022, 05:30:15 am »

Ah, thanks.

One other thing. For some reason your familiars seem to be the favourite target of agents looking for someone to steal an artefact for them. It has been a familiar three times in a row now! And they seemed so cute and nice :(

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 18, 2022, 02:59:41 pm »

Yeah they'll hang out in the tavern and socialize all the time since they can't have labors assigned, I can see why they'd be the ones visitors talk to the most and most likely to get recruited. They're just a little too cute and nice lol

Next time I get the chance I'll see if I can change their personality settings in some way that might make them more loyal.
I make Spellcrafts!

Fi

• Bay Watcher
  • φ
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 20, 2022, 05:09:25 am »

Do you have changelogs or patch notes hosted somewhere for Spellcrafts that all of us can read?

I've been looking forward to the 'planned' stuff that was mentioned a few years ago, and I wanted to see what changed and what's new.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 01, 2022, 02:58:45 am »

There is a version history file included in the zip file alongside the readme and list. I definitely never accomplished a bunch of stuff. The big things I really wanted, like the ability to assign dwarves to study and learn spells, both divine secrets (for as many spheres as I can imagine secrets for) and available to mortals normally, an alchemy system, enchanted items, racial abilities and cultural magics all got partly implemented as far as the game engine can support/I had time and ability to do them, but never "finished."
I make Spellcrafts!

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 19, 2022, 11:13:39 am »

Hello! I've returned to this thread once more with a weird question. How big are Primeval Vampires? Like, are they larger than ordinary humanoids or not?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29