Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Colonialism: The colony management suggestion game: We met natives!  (Read 16515 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pre-landing phase 1

Your name is (......). You are from the glorious (race) state of (Name of your home state). This ship carries around 150 settlers, travelling on the vast oceans, in search of a new home for its inhabitants. You remember that your letters patent stated that the main aim of your colony is (penal / trade / conquest).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:54:57 am by evilcherry »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonialism: The colony management suggestion game
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 04:43:40 am »

Your name is Pablo Rodriguez Rafael Emilio Alejandro. You are from the glorious human state of the Gran Imperio Humano. This ship carries around 150 settlers, travelling on the vast oceans, in search of a new home for its inhabitants. You remember that your letters patent stated that the main aim of your colony is extermination or enslavement of all non-human races (and also conquest).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:46:24 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 04:48:24 am »

Your name is Pablo Rodriguez Rafael Emilio Alejandro. You are from the glorious human state of the Gran Imperio Humano. This ship carries around 150 settlers, travelling on the vast oceans, in search of a new home for its inhabitants. You remember that your letters patent stated that the main aim of your colony is extermination or enslavement of all non-human races (and also conquest).
+1
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 04:50:36 am »

+1

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 05:08:35 am »

I should reserve this post.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 05:30:14 am »

Your name is Sarah Goldstein-Robinovitz. You are from the glorious Smeerp state of Hinter-Apfelbaum. This ship carries around 150 settlers, travelling on the vast oceans, in search of a new home for its inhabitants. You remember that your letters patent stated that the main aim of your colony is trade.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 08:57:19 am »

Your name is Haktal. You are from the glorious Dryad state of Merkan. This ship carries around 150 settlers, traveling on the vast oceans, in search of a new home for its inhabitants. You remember that your letters patent stated that the main aim of your colony is the extermination of all non-plant nations and the sylvanization of their land.

You look out across the salty waters aboard the Mangrove treeship Arboreal Revenge, the living wood of her deck thrumming beneath your roots. To your right stands her dryad, and the captain of this ship, Garlarg, who informs you that land has been sighted on the horizon. You feel your sap begin to quicken in anticipation, finally the colonist saplings can be rid of the confining pots they had to be interred in out of necessity for the duration of the voyage.

Soon you would wreak bloody vengeance upon those demons who invaded from the sea, cutting down and shipping away your sisters, their weeping still lingering in your heartwood. Those filthy beasts would die and their land would become a new colony of Merkan!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 10:00:56 am »

+1

+1

+1 for the Human Master Race!

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 10:15:58 am »

Lets make it Pablo Emilio Rodriquez Rafael Alejandro instead, because the initials spell Perra (google translate it)

Also, lol at conquest being an afterthought +1

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 10:30:45 am »

Lets make it Pablo Emilio Rodriquez Rafael Alejandro instead, because the initials spell Perra (google translate it)
-1. Our name will not be 'BITCH'. Maybe it can be Tonio Emilio Rodriguez Rafael Alejandro - TERRA.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:32:31 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 11:43:25 am »

I really love the idea of Merkan but I guess I have to bend towards the will of the faux-spanish.

Pre-landing phase 2
(Week 4, April, foggy)

You are Pablo? Tonio? whatever, you still have time to finally remember. As the leader of this military expedition, you currently have 75 soldiers, 30 adventurers, 30 colonists, and 15 slaves on board.
Spoiler: Types of colonist (click to show/hide)

You also read your letters patent carefully. Your king specified that you are to claim any land for the crown, and you are given permission to forcibly stop any natives, previous civilization, and other states interfering with your job. To save money, the king will not send follow-up for the first year, unless you give him concrete proof that you got yourselves on your feet.

You think of your aide. You remember that you invited a few friends for this expedition, but only one responded, and he is...

a. Abel, A skilled navigator
b. Kiko, A scout
c. Raul, A cleric/priest (make up your religion, please!)
d. Flavio, A sharpshooter
e. Ernesto Barrios, A minor noble
f. Your call, need approval.

You also noticed that Garcia, your secretary assigned by the king, reports that you have reached the charted lands that a previous navigator had mapped. This place... [58] Hills rises up from the heavily wooded coastline. There is flat land here and there, but fertility is a big unknown and on the maps there are also some small streams, enough for the inhabitants of this ship. You are not really sure there are other civilizations or settlements within tough due to foggy weather.

From here you can travel north or south on board along the shoreline. You notice that the wind is blowing constantly from the north, so you have a easier time going south than north.

You can explore along the coastline, or to prepare for final landfall.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:11:53 am by evilcherry »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 12:18:21 pm »

I really love the idea of Merkan but I guess I have to bend towards the will of the faux-spanish.
Thanks!

Slaves: and unable to get onto ships unless someone make them free.
Uh what? And they're like, on a ship, right now.

c. Raul, A cleric/priest (make up your religion, please!)

Broadstrokes of possible religion: At the heart of the earth sleeps titanic demon of fire, evil incarnate, who if he were to wake would spell the doom of the planet. To keep him asleep, he must be appeased with periodic ritual sacrifices of people at volcanoes, the places where the shell covering him grows weak and his fiery self pushes up to the surface. Humans aren't eligible since apparently we taste terrible to his unholy palate.

Your wars back at home to take sacrifices from neighbouring countries has left you on the brink of annihilation by a coalition of smaller non-human powers that have banded together to oppose you, so the military branch of your theocratic state turns its desperate gaze to more distant shores, rushing against time to escape doomsday.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 04:59:29 pm »

((I wanna nitpick on the starting settlers. For genetic diversity in a population, need 462-468. Otherwise you end up with inbreeding and genetic stagnation.))

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 05:37:40 pm »

((I wanna nitpick on the starting settlers. For genetic diversity in a population, need 462-468. Otherwise you end up with inbreeding and genetic stagnation.))

We know that now thanks to DNA research. In the colonial period? They didnt.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 05:48:46 pm »

This is just what we start out with dude. They'll send more colonists once we've established a outpost. It's like how in DF you start with 7 dwarves and then get migrants later on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9