Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Bogeymen - wtf  (Read 12041 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Bogeymen - wtf
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 10:40:31 am »

How small are they exactly? Miniscule enough for FB's attacks to glance off?
Take a fluffy wambler divide that size by 2 what's how small a bogeyman really is.
their smaller than the thing that you can pick up and put in your pocket.
the same thing that if thrown would kill a bronze colossus has something smaller than that attacking you.
bogeymen if possible in game should mount fluffywamblers and ride them into battle.
O.O

O.O

I... I don't know if I know enough modding to do this... how... I... what?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 10:55:15 am »

Saw them and didn't think to use the multi-attack dodge method until I was down to the last one, and I wanted to extend the fight to increase miscellaneous attack skills. The first one split when I tried a flying tackle from full sprint, he was dead before his parts hit the floor. I killed another with a slash across the throat and another slashing the midsection - using copper dagger as main weapon. Seems like they got more difficult the fewer there were, hitting more often and taking more hits to kill. Nothing I did worked twice. Did I just get lucky with the first strikes, or does their difficulty adapt to the player?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 12:51:34 pm »

Strategical alternatives:

Grab a leaf, plant or tree, if you don't have a carving knife, and fight with it. Or just punch. Weapons are too slow.. Any hit IS eventual KO on bogeymen, as they are so weak, so always block. Throw stuff, but not from less than 3 tiles away.
One wheel short of a wagon

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 05:40:55 pm »

How small are they exactly? Miniscule enough for FB's attacks to glance off?
Take a fluffy wambler divide that size by 2 what's how small a bogeyman really is.
their smaller than the thing that you can pick up and put in your pocket.
the same thing that if thrown would kill a bronze colossus has something smaller than that attacking you.
bogeymen if possible in game should mount fluffywamblers and ride them into battle.
O.O

O.O

I... I don't know if I know enough modding to do this... how... I... what?
well for a fort to be attack by micro men seiges you need to mod in a type of non-vermin fluffy wambler then have that set as the pet mount type for a civ of bogeymen( bogeyman token works normally like any of the other tokens so you can shove it on a Civ race and enjoy watching them spawn in at night while seeing them at day) so that their armies can roam up and raid you. though I kinda wonder if armies do have mounts now or with the whole they need to roam the land in adventure mode toady removed it? like could someone see an army with mounted Calvary in adventuremode?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2015, 07:58:49 pm »

I have never seen mounted units, but I have encountered many armies.

I've seen things you wouldn't believe, ogres on fire in the Jungles of Squashing, goblin eyes glittering in the dark at a dark fortress gate, all these memories will be lost, like fears of your name... time... to re-gen.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2015, 03:05:10 am »

If they ever do a Dwarf Runner movie, i hope Rutger Hauer will still be available to say that :D

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2015, 03:09:49 am »

Legendary shield user makes bogeymen a cakewalk, though.
thincake

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2015, 10:18:03 am »

I shoulda gone with "goblin eyes glittering in the night at a dark fortress gate" probably.

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2015, 12:07:09 am »

This made me wonder if boogiemen are scaled to your starting skill level, because I always find them tough at the beggining but after a in game weeks they are pushovers and often flee after a few die.

That's a question I've been asking myself too. my first death ever in Adventure mode were by Bogeymen, and even today I still die by them if I'm not careful enough, regardless of what skills I put points in and how many points.

I thought I would be close to invincible with a Demigod-type adventurer, but it didn't take long before they drove me down and that's when I thought that maybe they're fit to be proportionally as strong as you.

Can anyone confirm this? I'm curious to know if higher skills and attributes matter or not and by how much.
My post ends here.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 03:41:56 am »

My very first adventurer was a legendary everything superdwarven everything dorf I stole from my own fort in a world with bogeymen enabled (I got sick of them due to him and just set them to 0 lately) and he had well over 100 bogeymen kills with his platinum warhammer Lashbrushed, so no, if they scaled up they should have been ridiculously difficult little monsters with him rather than "you bash the bogeymen, it goes flying, it hits a tree and dies" over and over again each night.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 07:39:40 am »

*dives into raws*

Spoiler: v0.34 Bogeymen (click to show/hide)

They probably haven't changed much since then.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2015, 08:34:39 am »

The raws will never diminish the mystery that is the boogeyman!

CAN_LEARN is the only indication their skills improve above generated numbers. If they have a hive mind, that would explain why they get progressively harder. But that's just conjecture if it can't be shown in data or code.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2015, 12:15:33 pm »

here's the stuff I'm pulling from bogeymen but it seems bogeymen have the issue of having no speech tied to them while having CAN_SPEAK and CAN_LEARN
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
found the stuff from world raws Creature under gm-editor df.global
and looking into a bogeyman's skill stats from their souls.
yes bogeymen have souls and dreams that pop up if you happen to instill fear into them by murdering some of their comrades.

So far I think this is a case of 5-6 levels from being legendary in defense and loads of good attributes that's in the 3 to 4 thousands is making them tough cookies to murder unless you cross that threshold yourself.
they don't improve at all due to my legendary character kinda look into their souls and it's still the same base natural stat number.
like I could pull the prestring from the bogeyman raw that is in the game but I don't have a script on hand to do that.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2015, 07:29:45 pm »

Boogeymen SUCK! they are honestly one of the two WORST additions to Adventure mode.

They actually force you to lug people around with you.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124011.msg4442578#msg4442578

If you dislike them post here.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2015, 07:33:37 pm »

You can mod them out by removing them from your world-raw.
No need to ban them for all because I like them a lot (and I won't be the only person).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6