Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Champion of Champions  (Read 2805 times)

Nitrolphin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Champion of Champions
« on: March 17, 2015, 01:58:59 pm »

Okay, so this is a concept I've been running around with in my head, but do to issues regarding my access to my PC as of now, I won't be able to do it on my

So let's get started! I need someone to gen a (preferrably small world) to be the arena, in which we shall do battle with our champions of various races. The creator of the world will have to make an uberly powerful adventure mode character, Master of atleast one skill, possibly a nightcreature, and with above average physical stats. They will need to kill at least 1 megabeast and 20 sentients (possibly more). They will become the ruler of a civ, have a crown (find it you big baby) of some dwarfy material, which will both act as a sigil of sorts to the champion.

All following Champions must follow these or surpass them in order to validly face the champion, and wear the prized crown.

You can ask questions and post your world (whoever posts first is it, no more worlds pls.) it will become a fantastic succesion game! Yay!

Every one should have two weeks play time, for another trial is to be had...Muhahahahaha!

First Week: Create your Champion, you only got one shot at this! Using a second adventurer (even if you don't make it to the Champion) is cheating, in this same week you must defeat the current Champion.

Second Week: Once you either succeed or get slaughtered fail, you will imeadiately go into fort mode (note: this can be done initially for your Champions own benifit.) and run a fort until you produce an artifact weapon or piece of armor. (DFhack is allowed for this.)

Also, Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:01:30 pm by Nitrolphin »
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Champion of Champions
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 02:06:20 pm »

How do you get the champions to fight each other? Fighting with one in Adventure mode and the other controlled by the computer is massively unfair because of how thick the computer is. Would they fight in fortress mode then?

I have a character like what you're describing, and I'd like to upload my world.
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

Nitrolphin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 02:13:05 pm »

I'm not sure against who this would be a disadvantage, seeing as the computer is pretty tough, but if its against you well, I guess that's part of the !!FUN!! I'm Sorry if this didn't answer your question  :-[
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 03:22:14 pm »

I'm not sure against who this would be a disadvantage, seeing as the computer is pretty tough, but if its against you well, I guess that's part of the !!FUN!! I'm Sorry if this didn't answer your question  :-[
Well, you can use all sorts of stupid tricks against the computer, like imprisoning them in campfires, going into Sneak mode, throwing mud at them, using 20 shields, etc etc.

Then there's Kisat Dur. The technique Korumid Abod is practically impossible for humanoids to defend against, and can be repeated ad libitum. The computer doesn't do wrestling effectively, so you're safe from attack breaks and wrist locks. If I were fighting a superpowered dwarf in candy armor I would simply start with a Korumid Abod to remove their weapon and knock them over, then pluck away their mail shirt with Tosidcabnul while they're prone, and finish them off with a throat pulping punch, waiting for the blood loss.

It becomes more interesting with night creatures, since vampires don't feel pain or die of blood loss, but they can still have spines broken and heads kicked in. Mist zombies are possibly a true challenge, but they're woefully slow.

It's a nice idea though, I'll definitely take the challenge!

Nitrolphin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 04:27:33 pm »

Ok, great! Can you upload your save? So we can get this running? Thanks!  :)
GENERATION 30:

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 04:45:55 pm »

Ok, great! Can you upload your save? So we can get this running? Thanks!  :)
I'll put it up tomorrow, don't have that computer ready at the moment. He's quite strong, but shouldn't be terribly difficult to kill if you're well decked out, or a clever exploiter. Should I retire him first, or just upload the current adventure mode save?

But like I said, I think any computer-controlled humanoid can be defeated in adventure mode no matter how mighty they are, even by a fresh outsider.

By the way, are you talking about in-game weeks or real life ones? I presume the former since a fortress week goes by in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:50:25 pm by Magnus »

Nitrolphin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 05:16:13 pm »

1. Yeah, Retire the Man/Dwarf/Elf/whatever

2. Of course the former! It would be hilarious if it we're an in game week tho :D
GENERATION 30:

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 08:28:48 am »

I found a problem. If you retire him as a lord then he is counted as a civilian by the game, which means he's a complete coward in combat! I'll try to retire him as a hearthperson and see if he becomes a soldier them.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 11:10:34 am »

All hail Lord Iron Axemurder the Despair of Suicide, roc-slayer and goblinbane, savior of lost children and the scourge of bandits, vampires and other scum!

For a whole two weeks he has been the just ruler of the fair hamlet Fierysquares, but now he longs for battle and has summoned any and all who are willing to fight him in a duel.
Ask around, and you are sure to hear tales of his bravery. Be sure to ask about the lair Raptorstrapped, the elf Saba Veilfell, the goblin Estrur Hexrules and of course the fortress Actionsteal.

Fierysquares is located here on the worldmap, X marks the spot:

It is up to you to figure out how to beat him, whether by using cheesy exploits, attacking him with an army, or manning/dwarfing/elvening up and fighting him one-on-one. He started out as a Hero, so I suppose if you want to feel good about yourself deep down inside where it really matters, then you should choose a Hero as well, not Demigod. But I won't judge you.

Be sure to give a full combat report when he's dead!

Here are a few hints and tips for beating him:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Good luck. And if Iron Axemurder the Despair of Suicide causes you to commit suicide because you lost, do not despair. It was inevitable.

Save: http://1drv.ms/1H21T6t

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 02:52:44 pm »

PTW