Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Design bureau of the peoples revolutionary guard. Spring of 1931  (Read 8369 times)

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
Re: Design bureau of the peoples revolutionary guard. Spring of 1931
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2015, 01:08:04 am »

I like the idea of bigger mechs once we're at peace, but I don't think we can devote research to projects that might not help us while we're at war.

I feel like we need:
Better transportation (Trucks, Halftracks, APCs)
More aircraft (Interceptor, dedicated bomber)
good helmets (these will help a lot in trench warfare)

So, here are my proposals.

Infantry Transport 1 "Felix"
6 wheels
capable of transporting 12 soldiers
180hp petrol engine
1 hmg turret

+1 with my modifications

What's your reasoning for adding the HMG? We'd be able to turn out a lot more of them without that, and it seems unnecessary. The Feliks is a truck, not an APC. It's only meant to make our troops more mobile, which is something we seem to be struggling with on the Western Front. If we restrict how many we can build by adding the turret, we lose the advantage of mobility, as we won't be able to motorize enough troops to make a big difference.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2015, 08:53:56 am »

Could just have the ring turret on all of them and only provide the actual HMGs to some of them. That way it doesn't hold up the entire production of the vehicles.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2015, 11:35:59 pm »

Alright, let's do that.
Also, +1 to the Sardine.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2015, 06:21:20 am »

Spoiler: 'Roc' heavy tank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 'Type 1 AA gun' (click to show/hide)
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2015, 10:39:34 am »

Do aircraft exist in this world? If they do, I doubt we need a ten-barreled AAA gun. :P At the most you should go with 4, and that's only if the guns are quite small like .50, rather than flak artillery which could be anywhere upwards of 100mm.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2015, 08:15:38 pm »

Do aircraft exist in this world? If they do, I doubt we need a ten-barreled AAA gun. :P At the most you should go with 4, and that's only if the guns are quite small like .50, rather than flak artillery which could be anywhere upwards of 100mm.

i admit i may have gone a bit overboard with the t1 AA gun

It is late summer when the army of Callatalenear attacks, pouring over the eastern boarder they outnumber you 6 to 1 in men.

There advance is checked on the plains by the combined force of your tank and air cores.
As the leaves start to fall the battle lines have slowed down and the bulk of the Callatalen army is trapped in a deep bulge.

To the north lies an important town, focused heavy industry it is guarded by a large infantry force and the Armoured train Sofia.

West of the bugle is open plains, once home to most of Crohakstan's dairy framers it is now an ever shifting mess as your few tanks endless cross it in the race to push back Callatalen's cavalry advances.

South of the bulge is most troubling the war has slowed down to trench warfare, conditions that favour Callatalenear greatly.
Trapped but not toothless every day fighters and dive bombers pound your forces with bombs and bullets
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:17:32 pm by Insanegame27 »
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2015, 08:39:09 pm »

Ah I see. Yeah an AAA emplacement you could tow sounds like a good idea. Just be more specific about the size of the gun and reduce the number of them to make it more ergonomic.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2015, 11:04:14 pm »

Do aircraft exist in this world?
Yes, there are aircraft and there much like aircraft from our 1931, indeed most of them are.
Your curent main flighter is the Junkers J9 an ageing ww1 fighter
The only other planes are the few Merperdpee-thingys (Multi-Role-Prop-Driven-Plane), then slower and less agile but pack a rear turret and a 20mm autocannon.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2015, 09:46:08 am »

+1 Make mechs a bit more useful on the battlefield. An option should be included to jettison the module in an emergency, though.
I do stuff, I guess

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2015, 11:33:55 am »

+1 Make mechs a bit more useful on the battlefield. An option should be included to jettison the module in an emergency, though.
I think that goes without saying. What use would they be if you couldn't drop them in a hurry? It sets them apart from APCs/covered trucks since they can ditch their payload to earn increased effectiveness and maybe disguise the valuable supplies. Of course they can't deliver nearly as much bulk stuff as a truck, or as quickly.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2015, 07:43:31 am »

bump
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]