Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dryad Adventures (ISG)  (Read 5192 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Adventures (ISG)
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 07:39:56 am »

...you can't pick up sunbeams silly...

Why not?
Have ever tried picking up a sunbeam? It doesn't work. That's why.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 07:44:15 am »

Have ever tried picking up a sunbeam? It doesn't work. That's why.

Sure it works! I've picked up lots of sunbeams in fact the dress we're wearing right now is made of sunbeams, see?

>Do a twirly little dance to show off our dress to the GM

Yay pretty sunbeams!

Oooohhhhh!!!!!! I had the most terrificist idea!!! I bet the dwarves will know all about sunbeams because dwarves know all about that sort of thing so let's take the sunbeam to the dwarves and ask them very nicely to make us something pretty like a doily or a lollipop or maybe even a puppy!

I want a sunbeam puppy!

>Take the sunbeam to the dwarves and ask them to make it into a puppy!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2015, 08:01:14 am »

You write down the sidequest in your journal. You now want to eventually recover the legendary dwarven artifact, the Jeweled Clasps of Remembrance. These mystical tongs, carved from a single massive sapphire, can even grasp something as ephemeral as light, but were lost centuries ago when the dwarven fortress of Doomcusps fell to the demonic hordes of hell. Once you have obtained them, you then wish to use them to weave a dress from sunbeams. Oh vanity.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:11:00 am by Demonic Spoon »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2015, 09:52:01 am »

Clearly the problem is that sunbeams are too heavy, we'd never be able to lift them with our tiny dryad muscles. We must

>ask our Ent friends to help!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 09:57:20 am »

Clearly the problem is that sunbeams are too heavy, we'd never be able to lift them with our tiny dryad muscles. We must

>ask our Ent friends to help!
Sadly the Ents went extinct during the Age of Myth, more than a millennium past. Cursed dragons.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:01:09 am by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 11:35:35 am »

Interlude: Interrupted Festivities

You are Iru Mistyglitters, the Druid of the Red Wind of Spikes, a minor outpost of the flourishing Elven Civilization of the Rooted Seas. Around you the Red Wind Great Tree is resounding with the wild revelry of your fellow elves, the highly popular Spring Festival in full swing. Celebrating the rebirth of life after the chill of winter, you'd be hard-pressed to find an elf who was not attending, even the rangers at the borders had been given leave to join the merriment. Elves gyrate wildly to the beating thrum of the music, strawberry wine flowing freely. Many are dressed in their finest for the festival, homemade ropereed clothing competing with imported giant cave spider silk. A rare few of the particularly aged and extremely wealthy even sport the much coveted sunbeam dresses, made by the mad craftsman Zuntir Obokum of Doomcusps, before the tragedy that caused the loss of the Jeweled Clasps of Remembrance. Indeed, you yourself even have the privilege of wearing the unique artifact that started her career in fashion, the Gross Incandescence of Shame, which has been the source of much envy among your peers. You forget what the original name in their barbaric language is but that is the mostly accurate translation.

Until moments ago, you were fully enjoying the festivities like your fellows, indeed, as you maintain your meditative posture in a tiny alcove, your still hold your goblet of Sunshine in hand. You participation in the festivities had been rudely interrupted when your raven familiar, who dislikes large elven gathering such as the Spring Festival, gave you a grim mental report. He had just overheard a kobold telling one of the holy Dryad sisters that the dwarves had begun clearcutting the forest!

You fume at their temerity. The nearby fortress, Crystal of Labors, had been established less than a decade ago in the local volcano, and up till now they had seemed to obey your tree quotas more or less, seemingly focused on one of those bizarre megaprojects of their race, pumping a massive stream of lava into the sea, forming a obsidian land bridge to the mainland. Now it seems they had taken advantage of the Elves' preoccupation with the Spring Festival to begin a pre-emptive assault on the forests of the island!

Rage boiling, you begin gathering together natural energies for a vast druidic ritual, mentally calling out to your apprentices to come to your assistance. Yes, this ritual would most certai-

Interlude Ends

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:39:21 am by Demonic Spoon »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 04:29:42 pm »

Drag interlude back out kicking and screaming about how it was to be all "Foreshadowy", Sit it down and sternly tell it to continue.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 05:05:20 pm »

-1 to anything LordBucket says.

Retcon all mentions of manipulating sunbeams.

Gather swamp vines around ourself and use it like a giant mecha, destroying the dwarves who would dare invade our home. This, basically. Failing swamp vines, find a tree or something.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2015, 09:39:50 pm »

Have I completely misunderstood the premise of this game? We're a fae spirit, right?

Depending on your source, we're basically either a lesser goddess or a nature spirit, associated with a specific tree. Pretty much nothing can hurt us so long as our tree is intact, but we probably can't go out of eyesight of it and certainly can't leave the forest. Inside our tree we have our personal pocket dimension that we're essentially a goddess of, with all the attendant fairy weirdnesess. That's the standard dryad routine: we're an exclusively female creature, so we kidnap human men, put them in our pocket dimension and sex them up for a year and a day.

That's what we're playing here, right?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2015, 10:09:43 pm »

Personally, I like everything that has come in so far, Sunbeams, and all.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2015, 10:20:35 pm »

ptw

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2015, 10:30:50 pm »

I approve of madness. Especially madness someone else has to figure out how to make work.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2015, 12:29:48 am »

Fine, but I still want my swamp mecha.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2015, 12:58:32 am »

Have I completely misunderstood the premise of this game? We're a fae spirit, right?

Depending on your source, we're basically either a lesser goddess or a nature spirit, associated with a specific tree. Pretty much nothing can hurt us so long as our tree is intact, but we probably can't go out of eyesight of it and certainly can't leave the forest. Inside our tree we have our personal pocket dimension that we're essentially a goddess of, with all the attendant fairy weirdnesess. That's the standard dryad routine: we're an exclusively female creature, so we kidnap human men, put them in our pocket dimension and sex them up for a year and a day.

That's what we're playing here, right?
Not as such. While I'm not against old school fae, and there are probably a few of them around, you're not one of them exactly? Or at least not a particularly powerful one. No pocket dimensions, minor godhood, having sex with men for a year and a day. You're correct about being unable to go very far from the tree, and that we'd be mostly fine as long as the tree is alive, though it'd take you quite while to recover from very grievous bodily harm.

Think more "nature spirit" than "fae" I think.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 01:00:42 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4