Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had  (Read 4903 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Face Palm moments you had
« on: March 17, 2015, 03:46:43 pm »

Adventurer mode needs one of these, too.

I climbed the keep's outer wall to look over the city from each end, then lept over the side to take the quick way down, as I usually do. I hadn't sheathed my sword and shield, so I sailed straight past the ledge and 13 z-lvls down.

You slam into an obstacle!
Your upper body takes the full force of the impact, bruising the muscle and bruising the right lung through the +badger leather cloak+!
Your left foot takes the full force of the impact, bruising the fat through the *ョ+iron high boot+ッ*!
Your lower body takes the full force of the impact, bruising the muscle and bruising the guts through the groundhog leather cape!
Your head takes the full force of the impact, bruising the fat through the *wolf leather hood*!
Your right lower leg takes the full force of the impact, but it is deflected by Your *ョ+iron high boot+ッ*!

Mortally wounded, but an hour nap is better than dwarven medicine. Still only a Novice Armor User after that, so no new Shaft of Enlightenment.

Nitrolphin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 04:36:24 pm »

There I was, fully decked out in adamantine, even my clothing was of the glorious blue metal (DFHack) I stood victorious atop the corpse of the lord of a castle, when my head was punched, yes, punched in by a random guy on a lower level.
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 04:37:54 pm »

I started my first adventurer in a dwarven hillocks, and the first thing I did was grab several sacks of plump helmets, had about 200 in total. Went travelling, and noticed my speed kept climbing up slowly. Soon, it was at 0.3. Nice, I thought, my Strength must be increasing or something!

Then, weeks later I accidentally dropped the sacks and noticed my speed was now at 1.0. Turns out, carry weight affects movement speed. Who would have guessed.
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 04:54:30 pm »

Died before I even left the mead hall. Turns out it was infested with zonbies, and I died immediately.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

kvaedi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 01:21:34 am »

I decided I needed to train my wrestling, and traveled to the nearest elf site to do so on the many volunteers there. I grabbed the first elf I saw and threw them. Then the facepalm part, I managed to throw the elf at myself, they slammed right into me and sent me airborne. My throat skidded on the ground, tearing open a major artery, after which I swiftly and humiliatingly died of blood loss, but not before the elf got in a few painful kicks to my face.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 02:53:59 pm »

My throat skidded on the ground, tearing open a major artery
every damn time

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 06:55:49 pm »

Accidentally killed a guy who was running to the city I was lord of. He said he was going to take over lordship. I thought he meant lordship of my city, but he actually meant he was going to rule his own hamlet from the capital's keep. Oops. I owe his lady consort an apology. Maybe a masterwork crown or something.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 07:20:45 pm »

I was fighting with a longtime human companion against the goblins, all of a sudden my friend starts attacking me, thinking she had lost her mind I started attacking her..
After killing her I realised that the attack selection UI sometimes has your allies as the first entry and I didnt realise I had hit her...
So I was the insane one...
Fucking game
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 12:52:16 am »

I've had hours long quests to become a vampire or a necromancer, or find a werebeast on their time of the month. I didn't notice, but I'd slain a vampire priest. While trying to get rid of my thirst, I drank his blood off a gauntlet instead of the plump helmet wine from a wineskin. Suddenly, I'm a vampire. Oh wow, that wasn't that hard. Too bad I can't become a werebeast now. But hey, they're a necro tower nearby! That place had been really annoying me, I hate embarking near them, so I couldn't embark in the perfect spot I'd found. I went there to kill the necromancers, now that the zombies wont bug me. Walked right up to them and killed them. Saw a masterwork book, secrets of life, decided to check it out, see if it could buy me some stuff in town. Wait, what? I'm a necromancer now? God dammit... I didn't want to be a vampire or necromancer!
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 01:27:38 am »

Hey stagnantsoul..
Light a fire in a safe place, not a campfire. preferably near water
Put the book in the middle of the fire and wait around for a while until it catches fire. Then pick it up and run around with it... he he he
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 02:52:53 am »

Find some kids... ask where they want to be taken, nickname them with the destination as usual, one of them was insisting that they only had a mother at a site I didn't have a clue where it was, first spot we check, two of the ones who I was going to reunite with their mother and father run in talking about "cousin, it's you!" and the one with only a mother runs up as well... screw that, die the game and go use reveal to find the hillock with mom in it, if I'm getting a happy reunion it's not gonna be with a damn cousin while mom is in the same freaking area, and what the hell is up with Mr. I have only a mother being related to kids I've got with me and never mentioning it?

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 03:28:22 am »

I wonder if the kids run up to any family member without actually ever meeting them.
How would I test this?

"Oh that guy looks like me, hes got amber eyes.. Cousin is that you"!

"Nephew?... come inside, hello great hero thanks for saving... hey kid whats your name again?"

"Dave"

"Never hear that name, your parents must have been strange"

"I am a soldier"

"In 798 my brother tamed catwhispers died of old age"

"It was inevitable."

I play this game to much.
This whole post is terrible and a facepalm moment.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 05:53:56 am by That Wolf »

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 10:47:14 pm »

Just got attacked by boogymen. On the roof of a mead hall made of graphite.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 02:38:05 pm »

a few months ago, i got a dialogue with a bandit pushover "overlord" that was all alone in his camp

The facepalm was strong with this one
(not mentionned in that screenshot is that i was a heartperson at the time and my lord tasked me to get rid of the bandits led by that guy, and despite that, the bandit leader was oddly very happy to see me) .

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 03:35:05 pm »

Killed a dragon solo. Yay! But burnt to death later. To regular fire. That I set.
Pages: [1] 2