Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: spuds and failure, a regional dish  (Read 52071 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: Invasion
« Reply #435 on: October 02, 2015, 07:44:56 pm »

May I join?
I'm going to say yes, since we've had a player drop out recently anyway.

While we're at it, I'd like to ask something of everyone. Surely, you've all noticed that updates are getting more scarce and, frankly, we're not getting fucking anywhere with the current stuff that's going on. Mostly, I think the whole "invasion of a different dimension" thing just hasn't worked out nearly as well as I hoped. I even thought of having you lot go to said dimension, but by now I'm starting to think that that's a seriously bad idea. So what do you guys say we sort of, kind of, slightly just rush through the entire thing and get to being heroes with actualy cartoony villains attacking the city instead?

Also, you may have noticed that the individual writeups are getting smaller and slightly more minimalist. It's basically my way of dealing with having a large group of people who are each doing their own seperate thing. So, question two is, do you each want to stay seperate and get small texts, or do you want us to forms groups and get bigger texts?

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 02, 2015, 07:51:22 pm »

Hmm, while I want to stay seperate, Diane is a character I just made randomly, which is why I just put such random actions. However, the rush to superheroes idea sounds nice.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 02, 2015, 08:06:16 pm »

I'm cool with whatever.

My character's name is Damien Smith, and he goes by the call sign Watcher. He's a hacker, but he's also no slouch when it comes to physical confrontations.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 02, 2015, 10:28:27 pm »

((Skipping to cartoony villains is fine. Seems like the invasion is one of those things that might have worked if we were already established as a group, like the Avengers. As for the group thing, I'm fine with whatever.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 02, 2015, 11:14:04 pm »

Pushing for the meat of the thread sounds like a good plan, especially if you're not feeling up to the current arc. It does feel a little soon for Cerebus syndrome to be setting in, and these guys seem like a more serious enemy, so maybe having the forces retreat for some reason to come back at a later time (or not) would be better...

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 03, 2015, 02:27:06 pm »

I would be fine with the cartoony villains and with actually forming a group, we all kind of got through our tutorial part I think. I always liked this game anyways.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 03, 2015, 03:09:47 pm »

(I'm fine with cartoony villains as well.  All I was doing right now was trying to set myself up a leader of a large anti-choking cult.  If I succeeded, I would have used them to swarm and conquer that cult that Jim met at the beginning of his obsession Heimliching career.)

Go to the local printery, design and buy 100 anti-choking posters, and start posting them all over town.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 07, 2015, 03:02:52 pm »

Just popping in to say that I haven't forgotten about this. I was going to do the update where we change some stuff this afternoon, but I've had a long day and I'm feeling pretty sick. Tomorrow I get home late as well, so no promises I'll do the update then. Friday for sure.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 07, 2015, 03:18:05 pm »

Take as long as you need.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: Guardians, Rank E
« Reply #444 on: October 09, 2015, 06:47:03 pm »

Dive at the remaining eyeballs from the direction of the sun to mask my approach. Cut them up.
You dive at the remaining eyeballs, slicing them up without much of a problem. You look down.

You see a large portal, faint blue outlines marking its edges. In the middle, you can see a fuzzy image of a different world. A man in black robe looks up, straight at you. He calmly steps inside the portal, and it closes.

-48 hours later-

All of you sit in your appartment, watching the news. Even Superdavid, who has been assigned a new appartment by the City Council.

"The police reports that the last of the violent creatures have either been contained or neutralized, and that is now safe for citizens to go outside. The shelters have emptied out by now and reparations are slowly getting started up. The Council has expressed their thanks to both our men in blue, the people from Hercules Corp. and the freelancers who played a part in saving our city from destruction. In light of these recent events, the Council has announced that it will work together with Hercules Corp. to better safeguard our city from future events by enacting the Guardian program."

-Two weeks later-
A courier drops off a package at each of your homes. It comes from the Council. Inside are a very expensive and rugged looking smartphone and a letter. It reads:

"Greetings.

In light of your former accomplishments and role in recent events, the Council has decided to invite you to join the Guardian program. You will become an official hero, with regular pay and benefits according to your accomplishments. Should you wish to join you must simply activate the included smartphone, open the hero app and scan your thumbprint. From this app, you can check your ranking and hero status, as well as get direct reports of crimes or other disturbances that need attention.

Signed,

The Council."

The package even includes phone cases in all kinds of colours, neat.

Spoiler: current disturbances (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: gm note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:54:01 pm by Pancaek »

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 09, 2015, 07:01:51 pm »

Damien will take the phone and activate it, after searching it for bugs. If no bugs are found, he will open the hero app and scan his thumbprint. "So, they managed to find me, huh? Impressive." After signing up, he walks over to his couch and turns on the TV. When he hears the snippet about the people disappearing in Residential District 6, he frowns. Looks like he's got his first job. Grabbing his hat, coat, bandanna mask, and hacking phone, he heads out to the district in question to ask a few people about the disappearances.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 07:40:47 pm by Fr0stByt3 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 09, 2015, 07:13:07 pm »

((If we timeskipped, can I have more suits with spirits?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 09, 2015, 07:39:37 pm »

Apply the teal phone case, activate the hero app and register.

"FINALLY, A RANKING SYSTEM SO I CAN SHOW OFF MY AWESOME HEROICNESS! WHAT? ONLY FIRST RANK? FINE, GUESS WE'RE STARTING OFF EVEN THEN! ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GO AFTER THE BANK OR PYRO, ALL ABOARD THE TEAL WHEEL!"

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 09, 2015, 08:14:03 pm »

"Ooohhhh, I'm now an official hero! OHMIGODOHMIGOD!!!!" Diane momentarily freaks out, and then grabs the smartphone. She then opens the hero app, still jumping for joy inside, and scans her thumbprint. It says: Dayonecia "Diane" Washington. "They know my real name?" Diane wonders in confusion, and then starts to check what disturbances there are. She sees the news about the cruise ship, and shouts:"Magical Music Maiden powers, ACTIVATE!" After transforming, Diane goes to her closet, to get her costume.
After changing, Diane sets off, singing "You Can't Hurry Love", to the harbor.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 05:29:27 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 10, 2015, 05:16:03 am »

((If we timeskipped, can I have more suits with spirits?))
((I'll let you try for one, but no guarantees it's gonna work. Just hit me up by pm so we can do it by next update))
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33