Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: spuds and failure, a regional dish  (Read 52068 times)

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: Guardians, Rank E
« Reply #450 on: October 10, 2015, 06:43:27 am »

"Looks like a good time to show this zodiac guy how strong I am! And gain some money!"

Apply green phone case to phone, then switch it on, see if I can go on the internet, check facebook if I can, then use the hero app.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 13, 2015, 08:59:36 pm »

Friendly bump!
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 13, 2015, 11:34:31 pm »

((I never provided an action, did I?))

Should you wish to join you must simply activate the included smartphone, open the hero app and scan your thumbprint. From this app, you can check your ranking and hero status, as well as get direct reports of crimes or other disturbances that need attention.

Do this.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 13, 2015, 11:37:45 pm »

Do the phone stuff. Put a if there is a case with green and steel coloration, put that one on my phone.

((Also, I sent you a PM to work out the time skip suit stuff, Pancaek.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 14, 2015, 02:04:54 pm »

((I just want to throw in a thank you to everyone who shows interest in this. My teachers all decided to give work at the same time, because clearly they operate in some kind of hivemind. So updates will probably have to wait until this weekend. Sorry, I'm horrible at writing these things quickly.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 15, 2015, 04:40:55 pm »

((Oh yeah, the hero app has a messaging system where you can send texts to other heroes who applied. It only shows their alias though, not their real names.))

Damien will take the phone and activate it, after searching it for bugs. If no bugs are found, he will open the hero app and scan his thumbprint. "So, they managed to find me, huh? Impressive." After signing up, he walks over to his couch and turns on the TV. When he hears the snippet about the people disappearing in Residential District 6, he frowns. Looks like he's got his first job. Grabbing his hat, coat, bandanna mask, and hacking phone, he heads out to the district in question to ask a few people about the disappearances.
You scan the thing for bugs or other monitoring software. [3+1] You have to fiddle with some menus, but you don't find anything of the sort.

You put on your coat, hat and bandana mask and put your hacking phone in your coat pocket, you sly watch dog you. You head out to the district the app talked about and try to ask around for info on the dissapearances. Most doors you knock on just slam it in your face when you try to ask them questions, and people you approach on the street similarly ignore you. Suddenly someone puts a hand on your shoulder and spins you around. It's a homeless guy, with dirty parka, colourful orange knit hat and scraggly beard.

"You here about them people gon' missing? I saw it, saw it I did! Oh yes, they got snatched in the night, when the dark mist came! Evil mist, fills the streets, shadows moving in it! Anyone outside..."

He snaps his fingers for dramatic effect

"Vanishes! Snatched! Just disspears off the street. No clues either, no no no. Just snatched. No cars. No bodies. Just whoosh, and gone! Evil mist, I tell ye. Evil. The end is near, mark my words, yes yes. They come for us all."

He shambles off, muttering to himself and digging through a trash can.

Apply the teal phone case, activate the hero app and register.

"FINALLY, A RANKING SYSTEM SO I CAN SHOW OFF MY AWESOME HEROICNESS! WHAT? ONLY FIRST RANK? FINE, GUESS WE'RE STARTING OFF EVEN THEN! ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GO AFTER THE BANK OR PYRO, ALL ABOARD THE TEAL WHEEL!"
You apply the teal phone case. Your sense of branding is strong, something that will surely help you down the line. You make an account and register all the necessary info. You notice that several others have applied to the program as well, though you can only see their alias, not their real name. There's a messaging service build into the app as well. That might come in handy.

"Ooohhhh, I'm now an official hero! OHMIGODOHMIGOD!!!!" Diane momentarily freaks out, and then grabs the smartphone. She then opens the hero app, still jumping for joy inside, and scans her thumbprint. It says: Dayonecia "Diane" Washington. "They know my real name?" Diane wonders in confusion, and then starts to check what disturbances there are. She sees the news about the cruise ship, and shouts:"Magical Music Maiden powers, ACTIVATE!" After transforming, Diane goes to her closet, to get her costume.
After changing, Diane sets off, singing "You Can't Hurry Love", to the harbor.
Sassy magical girl, away! You start singing your song and go over to the harbour [automatic win because it's just walking for christs sake +1 due to appropraite song] You get there in record time. You can see the cruise ship in the distance, it looks like a tiny little thing from here. It's not on fire or anything, not smoke coming rom it either. It's just, there, floating about.

"Looks like a good time to show this zodiac guy how strong I am! And gain some money!"

Apply green phone case to phone, then switch it on, see if I can go on the internet, check facebook if I can, then use the hero app.
You apply the bright green phone case. The phone does indeed have an internet browser and facebook loads up just fine. Looks like your friend reopened her gym recently. Nice.

You register with the hero app under your pseudonym. The messager service button pops up, as does the tab with the current disturbances.

((I never provided an action, did I?))

Should you wish to join you must simply activate the included smartphone, open the hero app and scan your thumbprint. From this app, you can check your ranking and hero status, as well as get direct reports of crimes or other disturbances that need attention.

Do this.
You activate the phones and register. Since you haven't really chosen a hero name yet, the phone defaults you to "heimlichman". You also get the tab with disturbances and the messenger service.

Do the phone stuff. Put a if there is a case with green and steel coloration, put that one on my phone.

((Also, I sent you a PM to work out the time skip suit stuff, Pancaek.))
You register and put a green phone case with a vertical stripe of steel on it. ((I'll answer your pm in a bit.))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 16, 2015, 04:58:27 am »

Diane then starts to scroll through the names of other heroes, and sees "Heimlich Man? Who the hell would name THEMSELVES Heimlich Man?", and then sends him a message that she is by the harbor, looking at the ship. She now starts singing "Sitting by the Dock of The Bay", and tries to use her powers to fly over to the ship, with her weave whipping in the wind.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 16, 2015, 08:34:05 am »

Send everyone the message: "Hi! I'm SuperDavid! I have the zodiac power!"

And then check the disturbances and go to the bank

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 16, 2015, 11:11:35 am »

Head to the bank! There is crime to avert! And sparkle bitch isn't there!

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 16, 2015, 11:52:49 am »

Noticing the messages, Watcher replies with one of his own. "My name's Watcher. Currently investigating the disappearances."
Look around. Are there any cameras nearby? If so, attempt to hack into them.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 03:59:36 pm by Fr0stByt3 »
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 17, 2015, 03:35:42 pm »

Diane then starts to scroll through the names of other heroes, and sees "Heimlich Man? Who the hell would name THEMSELVES Heimlich Man?", and then sends him a message that she is by the harbor, looking at the ship.

Seeing the message, Jim decides that he'll don his costume and head out.  He could always use new allies in his never-ending battle against the scourge of clogged throats.  He walks into his closet and pulls out a tuxedo, a small red baby blanket, scotch tape, a black permanent marker, and several of the anti-choking posters he made a few weeks back.  He puts on the tuxedo, wraps the small blanket around his neck like a cape, and starts taping the posters to his outfit.  Afterward, he walks up to a mirror and carefully writes the words Heimlich Man across the poster taped to his chest.  Unfortunately, not fully aware of the mechanics of mirror images, Jim doesn't realize that he actually wrote the words backwards.  Jim rushes out of his apartment, yelling anti-choking slogans as he goes.

Go to the Harbor.  Keep an eye out for any fiends that need to be disciplined with the almighty Heimlich Maneuver.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 18, 2015, 12:50:18 am »

sorry, suddenly lost interest in txt games. Maybe i would like to return, i dont know.

Bob got call from hospital:
"Bob, we understand there are aliens and shiet, but return to ur MedBrother duty!"
Bob's vision blurred, then "POP": "I would like to stay, but got to run, sorry!"

oh and i see game changed a bit
way to go dude!
Actually its second time gm asking to speed up game. Really i enjoyed every thing about this game.
If u feel u need to change something - just do it, imo.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 12:54:51 am by Delekates »
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 23, 2015, 06:04:29 pm »

Diane then starts to scroll through the names of other heroes, and sees "Heimlich Man? Who the hell would name THEMSELVES Heimlich Man?", and then sends him a message that she is by the harbor, looking at the ship. She now starts singing "Sitting by the Dock of The Bay", and tries to use her powers to fly over to the ship, with her weave whipping in the wind.
You [3+1] Fly over to the ship at a relaxed pace, weave whipping in the wind. The ship is a rather large cruiser, but you don't see anyone on the top deck. The hot tubs and the swimming pool are empty, as are the little bars. You do see something slither along the side of the ship, but you can't get a decent look at it before it slides into one of the cabins.

Diane then starts to scroll through the names of other heroes, and sees "Heimlich Man? Who the hell would name THEMSELVES Heimlich Man?", and then sends him a message that she is by the harbor, looking at the ship.

Seeing the message, Jim decides that he'll don his costume and head out.  He could always use new allies in his never-ending battle against the scourge of clogged throats.  He walks into his closet and pulls out a tuxedo, a small red baby blanket, scotch tape, a black permanent marker, and several of the anti-choking posters he made a few weeks back.  He puts on the tuxedo, wraps the small blanket around his neck like a cape, and starts taping the posters to his outfit.  Afterward, he walks up to a mirror and carefully writes the words Heimlich Man across the poster taped to his chest.  Unfortunately, not fully aware of the mechanics of mirror images, Jim doesn't realize that he actually wrote the words backwards.  Jim rushes out of his apartment, yelling anti-choking slogans as he goes.

Go to the Harbor.  Keep an eye out for any fiends that need to be disciplined with the almighty Heimlich Maneuver.

You head on over to the harbour. You arrive there in good time and see the ship still out at see in the distance. It's too far for you tos ee any details, but it certainly isn't moving. You check your surroundings for anything that needs to be heimliched, but notice no-one.

Send everyone the message: "Hi! I'm SuperDavid! I have the zodiac power!"

And then check the disturbances and go to the bank

Head to the bank! There is crime to avert! And sparkle bitch isn't there!
The two of you head to the bank, arriving from the same street by chance. The bank itself looks fairly normal from the outside, except for the face that the streets are empty. The only thing out of order from the outside that you can see is that large bugs are lazely flying around the building.

Noticing the messages, Watcher replies with one of his own. "My name's Watcher. Currently investigating the disappearances."
Look around. Are there any cameras nearby? If so, attempt to hack into them.
You look around for a camera. You find one in an ATM across the street from where the hobo spoke to you. You [3+1] hack into it, putting the feed from the date of the kidnapping on your phone. A whole lot of nothing special happens for most of the evening. When it gets darker though, a strange mist suddenly appears from the right of the screen. You see a person holding a shopping bag walking at the other side of the street. Something, you're not sure what, creeps up behind the person. It's humanoid, but at least a head larger than the person. You see it grab the person from behind and lift him up effortlessly, and run back to the right of the screen. The mist subsides soon afterwards.

You go stand at the ATM to orientate yourself. To the right of the screen you see the rest of the street, with two large sewer grates and a small park at the end.

sorry, suddenly lost interest in txt games. Maybe i would like to return, i dont know.

Bob got call from hospital:
"Bob, we understand there are aliens and shiet, but return to ur MedBrother duty!"
Bob's vision blurred, then "POP": "I would like to stay, but got to run, sorry!"

oh and i see game changed a bit
way to go dude!
Actually its second time gm asking to speed up game. Really i enjoyed every thing about this game.
If u feel u need to change something - just do it, imo.
Sorry to see you go. Feel free to jump back in whenever should you ever feel like it.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 23, 2015, 10:41:14 pm »

Kick in the door, nothing could possibly go wrong with this plan

"KNOCK KNOCK! HOPE EVERYONE'S ALIVE IN THERE!"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 23, 2015, 11:09:29 pm »

Spruce checks the alerts on his phone and notices the one about the robotics facility. "Hmm, looks like that one had a pretty low chance of people getting in the line of fire. Everything else is just property damage. That should serve as a good test for Archmage." He states, mostly to himself as he heads to his lab/abandoned chicken factory.

Take "Archmage" suit and go check out the robotics factory.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33