Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]

Author Topic: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: spuds and failure, a regional dish  (Read 52506 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: The king of beetles, and sea cucumbers
« Reply #480 on: November 02, 2015, 07:18:05 am »

Diane screams in horror at the sight, and then charges into battle, trying to shoot the starfish with her wand, and avoiding killing the innocent old people.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: The king of beetles, and sea cucumbers
« Reply #481 on: November 03, 2015, 08:32:06 pm »

Erin tends to her potato garden, humming a tune to herself, trying to fend off the evil forces of mold besieging an occasional plant or two.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: spuds and failure, a regional dish
« Reply #482 on: November 06, 2015, 11:56:43 am »

"HOW ABOUT YOU TIE YOURSELF UP AND WE DON'T BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF YA!"

Toss him some rope, drop a tear gas canister, and get ready to stun him if he attacks
I crash the helicopter into the dragon's face and jump out at the last second, diving and digging myself into it's eyeball right after the chopper crashes into it. The Action Boy or whatever I called him will do the same in the other eye.
CAPT TEAL: WHAT ARE YOU DOING? THE REAL DRAGONS LEFT DAYS AGO, STOP ATTACKING THE STATUE IN FRONT OF THE CHINESE RESTAURANT AND COME HELP WITH SOME REAL CRIMES!
THIS IS COMMIE SLANDER. PREPARE TO BE LIBERATED.
Instead I crash the chopper into this commie bastard.
"Yeah man sure thing. "

Actually not!!! Strangle him with his own cloak! Somehow!
Outside of the bank, the helicopter takes a dive towards the building. Rick action and Action boy [6 and 1] Jump out at the last possible moment. Rick manages to land into a used diaper collection truck, completely avoiding any physical harm. Action boy manages to spear himself on a streetlight, hanging 6 feet above the ground with guts and blood slowly dripping down.

Inside, meanwhile, the helicopter crash shakes the entire building. The king of beetles loses his footing, and our two heroes spring into action. Captain teal lobs a tear gas cannister on the ground and some rope, and prepares for a possible attack. David [2] Tries to strangle the King of Beetles with his own cape. But the King jerks around and David steps on one of the bugs, slipping on its guts and crashing into a table, sending dollar bills flying in the air with a rather amusing effect.

The King, while keeping on arm in front of his eyes, rears up to punch David while he is down. Captain Teal [2+1] grabs his arm from behind as he rears up, but the king of beetles is too strong and heavy for him to do anything more than just hang on and keep him from punching. Everyone in the bank is getting real teary-eyed from the gas as well.

"Hmm. Looks like I'll be exploring the sewers today. Lovely. Good thing I brought my mask."

Lift the grate and enter the sewers. It seems to be the most likely place this kidnapper is hiding.
You heavy and lift the grate enough to slide it to the side. You climb down the sorry excuse for a ladder and plop down into the sewer tunnels. They're quite spacious, allowing a small man just enough room to stand up. You have to bend your neck at a rather uncomfortable angle to actually stand up straight, though. There are small LED lights hanging from the ceiling every at sapced intervals, to help the city workers when they need to come down. What this means for you is that you have at least some visibility in these dark tunnels. You can either go left or right from the ladder. You alos notice some grooves in the tunnel walls.

"Merlin, you picking anything up on the sensors?"

Can Merlin sense anything? Is there a trail of blood, or just a big puddle?
"Let me think about this for a moment" Your screen flashes with numbers and lines all appearing and dissapearing too fast to really see. It's alla bit of a blur when they suddenly stop. Three large bloodsplatters are highlighted and there are three lines drawn on your HUD. "If I am correct, and I usually am, You can see that this blood most likely belonged to three persons. One blood trail leads to the warehouse and manufacturing. While the other two seem to lead to the elevator. There are also some smaller bloodsplatters that don't seem to belong to either three of the bigger pools. Also, if you will notice, there is a finger behind the potted plant." The HUD zooms in a potted plant, and you can see a thumb stick out from behind it. "Merlin never misses a detail!"

Grab the sea cucumber and toss it back into the water.  After all, it can't breathe properly up on the boat.  Improper breathing leads to gasping.  Gasping leads to choking.  And choking...leads to the dark side death.  Thus I have to rescue it!  If i succeed, then victoriously yell out "Another life saved by Heimlich Man!"
Diane screams in horror at the sight, and then charges into battle, trying to shoot the starfish with her wand, and avoiding killing the innocent old people.
Jim, up on the deck, walks over to the sea cucumber. He picks it up, holding it like you would a large dog. The cucumber pukes up its guts, but this doesn't do anything other than being kind of gross. He walks over to the edge of the deck and throws the cucmber overboard. It falls into the sea with a splash and sinks below the waves. Another creature saved from choking! Jim yells out for all the world to hear "Another life saved by the Heimlich man!". The world answers by going on with its business.

Meanwhile, in the cabin, Diane screams in terror and brandishes her wand. She [1] closes her eyes and sweeps it to and fro, hoping to kill the starfish. When she opens her eyes again, she notices old woman, cut into three or four pieces, it's hard to tell. The old man has been beheaded. The starfish seems unhramed, and is trying to drag the headless corpse to the door.

Erin tends to her potato garden, humming a tune to herself, trying to fend off the evil forces of mold besieging an occasional plant or two.
You tend to your potato garden, humming a tune to yourself and your precious little spuds. The potato plants are looking healthy and mold free, and you're sure that this harvest will bring a bounty of firm and plump spuds.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 06, 2015, 12:15:14 pm »

Point and laugh at the completely inept Action Boy. It seems his british roots got to him.
Start randomly shooting passersby.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 06, 2015, 12:21:24 pm »

open fire back at Rick, panicking as I am currently a padestrian, and not a hero, villain, or vigilante.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 06, 2015, 02:22:51 pm »

"You may have a plus one to strenght, but I have a plus one to awesomeness!"

Jump on the King and send him down on the ground!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 06, 2015, 03:10:58 pm »

"Right. Good job, Merlin."

To Warehouse and Manufacturing!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 06, 2015, 04:07:56 pm »

Club bug boy into unconsciousness and get ready to fight Rick

SEEMS WE CAN'T EVEN FIGHT CRIME IN PEACE, HAVE AT YE!

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 06, 2015, 11:16:07 pm »

Diane cries, and collapses into a sobbing heap.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 07, 2015, 12:04:26 pm »

Pleased with my work, harvest some of the potatoes to see what comes of them.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 07, 2015, 12:16:27 pm »

Investigate the scream coming from the cabin.  If I find someone who's choking, immediately apply my signature technique.

(so if Jim finds Diane, assumes she's choking, but rolls low on his Heimlich roll, does that mean he'll just end up hugging her?  The potential for an accidental heartwarming moment in this situation amuses me. :P)
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]