Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 71113 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Sign-ups (2/12)
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2015, 07:58:25 pm »

I swore I'd only play mafia again under five very specific circumstances. This happens to be one of them. I think I can keep my activity high enough to play this, so IN.
Silthurii! :D
Long time no see (and to the rest, too!)
All in favour of a D1 Peradon lynch say aye.  ;D
Comrade Shamrock
You have passed the test, you can be trusted.   :)
mastahcheese :I
Gaining townie points before the game starts, hmm?! I:

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Sign-ups Closed!
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2015, 08:12:49 pm »

A few random rule clarifications:

All role actions are night actions, except the Angry Private's one-shot kill, which can be used at any time.
You only be informed of being blocked if you attempted to take an action.
Being blocked while attempting to use a one shot does not mean you will lose your one shot ability.
The General being blocked the night he tries to use his reveal action does mean his reveal action fails.
Both Scum can use the night kill as their action. The scum power role can't carry out both the kill and his power action in one night.
The Confederate Captain is not a role cop. The Scum Captain can only identify if a player is Union or Confederate (third party identifications can be found in the OP).
Kills will have slightly different flavor depending who made the kill. However, who made the kill won't be stated (and I won't answer if asked on this). If a person was targeted by multiple kills, the first kill sent in will be the flavor of the kill. Kill flavor won't be based on previous games.
Some of your characters will have names. Some will not. Do not assume that everyone has a name.

The 48 hour voting rule will only go into effect 24 hours after the game starts.
Tied votes will result in No Lynch.

If you have any questions about rules, bold my name or PM me.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2015, 08:17:54 pm »

Never mind this re-read it all makes sense now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2015, 08:32:52 pm »

Let's get this party started.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2015, 01:51:55 pm »

In a fenced off portion of the Union camp, 6 tents holding 12 soldiers stand. The General in charge walked over and began speaking "We know 2 of you are Confederate spies. Once you have managed to find and kill those bastards among yourselves, we'll let you all go free. To help you, we've erected a gallows next to your tents. I'll be back when you've found the spies." before walking away. The 12 of you quickly decided to do this a democratic way, each day you would kill the man with the most votes from the other soldiers after a lengthy discussion.

D1 has begun. D1 will end Wednesday, March 25 at 3:00 PM EST

0/4 votes to Extend
0/7 votes to Shorten
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 01:54:02 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2015, 01:58:11 pm »

Everybody,
of the three third-party roles, which sounds the most fun to you?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2015, 02:10:38 pm »

OSG: Bad, I suppose. More ways to win.

DA: If you were a confederate scum, what would you do if you or your buddy thought someone was one of the GBU?

Comrade Shamrock: If you were the angry private, when would you fire the kill?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2015, 02:19:06 pm »

PFP
Everybody,
The Bad. I just love being a one-man wrecking crew.

Everyone: If you were the Bad, would it be wiser to try to hunt down the Good/Ugly, or just try to live to the end and win with the town/scum? Why?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2015, 02:28:08 pm »

It would certainly be more fun to try and get the good/ugly killed, but  I think it would be easier to live to the end.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2015, 02:29:15 pm »

4maskwolf: As a guardsman, who would you jail N1 based on previous games, and why?

TheDarkStar: As a Town Captain, if you found a Saboteur, would you let the town know immediately, or would you wait? Why?

Deus Asmoth: As the General, would you reveal early, mid or late game? Why?

Silthuri: How many games have you played? How many of these have you won?

Mastahcheese: When, in your opinion, would be the best time to try a gambit as town, and why?

Deathsword: What role do you think is the most useful for scum, Saboteur or Captain? Why?

hector13: As the Ugly, who would you want as the Good? Why?

OrigamiScienceGuy: As mafia, would you kill someone with more experience, or someone who is hot on your trail as a Night Kill? Why?

Tiruin: As the Good, who would you want as the Ugly? Why?

roo: From our earlier BM, we found out you are from a different Mafia community. What community is that, and how much experience do you have with mafia?

Comrade Shamrock: As the Bad, what would your strategy be? Why?

Everybody,
I would say the Ugly. I like the idea of killing the mafia who attacks me.

Everyone: If you were the Bad, would it be wiser to try to hunt down the Good/Ugly, or just try to live to the end and win with the town/scum? Why?
I would act just like a Serial Killer, killing anyone that seems remotely like a Good or Ugly.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2015, 02:37:06 pm »

OrigamiScienceGuy: As mafia, would you kill someone with more experience, or someone who is hot on your trail as a Night Kill? Why?
I would kill someone with more experience because if I kill someone hot on my trail, everyone would be hot on my trail.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2015, 02:42:35 pm »

OSG, hum. The Bad seems like the most fun to be to me since you can kill people and you're not dependant on the actions of someone else to achieve your wincon.

DS: if we don't have any way to determine which of them they are, leave them alone. Otherwise it's a one in three chance that one of us will end up dead instead, which doesn't seem like good odds to me.

Cheese: I guess I'd change my answer depending on how the game was currently going, but I'd try to survive to the end while killing whoever I thought was most likely to be Good or Ugly in the night. That seems like the best way to win to me, since actively hunting for the Good or Ugly seems to be a good way to get shot in the face by the Good. If two people died in one night I might be more inclined to hunt for them more actively.

Peradon: Middle game seems like the best choice to me. Revealing early seems pointless and waiting too long to do it just increases the risk of getting night killed.

Everyone: Which of the two possible town power roles seems the most useful to you?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2015, 02:52:54 pm »

Everyone: Which of the two possible town power roles seems the most useful to you?
There are more than two possible town power roles. There is the General, the Captain, the Angry Private and the Guardsman. Guardsman would be the most useful in my opinion.

DA: Where did you get the idea that there are only two town power roles?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2015, 03:29:33 pm »

There are more than two possible town power roles. There is the General, the Captain, the Angry Private and the Guardsman. Guardsman would be the most useful in my opinion.

DA: Where did you get the idea that there are only two town power roles?
What he said. I was saying the same thing, but he ninja'd me.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2015, 03:35:24 pm »

It's only possible for the town to have two power roles. I meant which two would you consider most useful out of the possibilities? I realise I butchered that question now.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33