Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Edited the Minecart Page  (Read 3280 times)

osunightfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Edited the Minecart Page
« on: March 19, 2015, 05:36:08 pm »

So, a few days ago, after spending almost three days trying to troubleshoot the minecarts in my fortress, I decided I should update the minecart article on the wiki to add additional clarity to topics I felt weren't entirely explained or weren't explained well. Answers to questions I'd had during my troubles, that sort of thing. I also edited the routes section to make perfectly clear some things I had found vague. In all I added 10% to the length of the minecarts article.

At the time, I wasn't aware of this subforum, and I don't have much experience with editing wikis, so it occurs to me to ask... was that okay? Is there some etiquette I should be following, or that I failed to follow?

On a separate note, I noticed there were some pages that say they refer to a previous version of dwarf fortress. I corrected some info that no longer applies in one. Is there a way to get a list of every page with that tag? I wouldn't mind going through some of them and correcting anything wrong that jumps out at me.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Edited the Minecart Page
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 08:02:35 pm »

Most of your minecart-related edits look good. Loci changed a couple of your wheelbarrow-related edits - the bug you removed appears to still occur in 0.40.24, although it was only reported recently on the tracker. The raised wheelbarrow limit is a DFHack feature (which I implemented, incidentally), but it's better to either explicitly mention that it's a DFHack feature (which is in the article now) or avoid mentioning it to avoid confusion.

On a separate note, I noticed there were some pages that say they refer to a previous version of dwarf fortress. I corrected some info that no longer applies in one. Is there a way to get a list of every page with that tag? I wouldn't mind going through some of them and correcting anything wrong that jumps out at me.
Are you referring to the migrated article or article version template? The former occurs on DF2014 pages and marks information that could be incorrect for v0.40, while the latter occurs on pages about older versions (and information on those pages should not be updated to reflect the current DF version). From your contributions, it looks like you've only been editing DF2014/v0.40 pages, which should apply to the current version.
Here is an explanation of how the wiki's versioning system works, if you'd like more information.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:04:17 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

osunightfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 11:14:13 am »

Ah, I didn't realize that was a DFHack feature. The last time I used DFHack I didn't recall it having any integration into the UI.  And God bless you for that functionality. Bless you, bless you, bless you!

I was talking about pages that were copied from previous versions of the game, but which may reflect information that is now out of date.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 02:07:29 pm »

Hm, most of those should have been removed by now. Do you know where you saw them?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.