Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Evolution through reactions?

(1/3) > >>

StagnantSoul:
Is it possible to have a reaction only be available after a certain size is met? Or age?

If so, could you, in theory, provide a type of evolution?

Urist McVoyager:
Age and size? Are we talking about the fort or people? Because I just learned reactions only apply to objects, not living beings.

Usually when people go for evolution they use special hard to obtain items and require them for building the next set of buildings in the fort.

StagnantSoul:
I didn't mean reactions, bad wording there. Meant syndrome that targets the creature. Meh, like, ehh... There was an idea, but I can't remember what it was specifically.

BlackFlyme:
Alternatively, it could be about fort size or the world's age, such as the Golden Age, or the Age of Myth.

Either way, it isn't possible to base a reaction on that.

I'm not entirely sure about interactions being limited by size, but I don't believe it goes by age, though it may depend on what you want the interaction to accomplish.

Syndromes and interactions can be placed on timers, though.

Urist McVoyager:
You could create a creature born with a syndrome that counts to a certain number of ticks before triggering. I don't know the limit on count downs, so I don't know how long the creature has before it has to change, but it's a start.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version