Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Getting ready to raid a vault  (Read 13935 times)

Glatux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Getting ready to raid a vault
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 04:48:20 pm »

They're angel of a god of deasease, ther work are filth horse-humanoid and angel are feathered bull-humanoid, haven't come across the archangel for now and thankfully I'm a vampire but since they respawn I can't rest to heal my wound

Glatux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 06:32:10 pm »

So I anilated all the angel I could find(including the archangel) but I cant find the slab.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 06:49:50 pm »

Are demon easier to kill than angel/archangel? If so I might go to dark fortress to train my mace skill before hitting the vault.

That must depend on the random generation, in my most long lived and successful DF2014 necromancer adventurer , there was a female demon lord that had been powerful enough to kill all my undead guardians and my undead guardian superboss , with just some bruises.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:51:21 pm by Robsoie »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 06:51:55 pm »

If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
One wheel short of a wagon

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 06:53:36 pm »

If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Sigged.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 09:01:50 pm »

So I anilated all the angel I could find(including the archangel) but I cant find the slab.

In this case if you are sure you've got no unpulled levers, you are now dealing with a bug and if you have dfhack but don't like to use it for certain things, which is understandable, you can still use reveal > find the broken connection > use tiletypes to add a ramp or stair wherever it was supposed to be > continue without actually having cheated, which would be teleporting yourself to the slab, or using invoke.lua on a demon and skipping the vault entirely, no reason to skip out on the reward after you made it through yourself and got screwed by the sometimes wonky way connections are generated... or in this case not generated. I've had three vaults with this happen, not as often as starting in a fortress with no exit, but often enough that it should be known it happens regularly.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 09:12:51 pm »

My first vault had no slab. It was frustrating. So very, very frustrating.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000

Glatux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 03:10:06 am »

Well I used the reveal command on all floor no sign of room without entrance, unless there is a floor below the lowest one or above the highest floor(excluding the roof), the thing is according to the wiki there is 25 armed angel(all killed) on archangel(killed) and 50 assistant(but only 47 killed) and since they don't have blood I cant detect them with my vampire detection.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 03:14:39 am »

I soloed a vault with a one-legged vampire and the fire monsters were fine. I just neckstabbed everything and my shield blocked everything. I was legendary though so yeah, I can't give plausible tactical advice. I got my fat melted off and I was bleeding heavily so I slept in the vault in a pool of my own blood.
I recommend shield skills. So OP.
thincake

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2015, 08:23:49 am »

Well I used the reveal command on all floor no sign of room without entrance, unless there is a floor below the lowest one or above the highest floor(excluding the roof), the thing is according to the wiki there is 25 armed angel(all killed) on archangel(killed) and 50 assistant(but only 47 killed) and since they don't have blood I cant detect them with my vampire detection.
Hmmm, don't see any spots where like, a room full of ramps in a funnel shape ends with no bottom and the floor below is solid walls?

Glatux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2015, 09:02:52 am »

Hmmm, don't see any spots where like, a room full of ramps in a funnel shape ends with no bottom and the floor below is solid walls?
No and I left the vault for good, if try to go back all the angel have respawn and I don't feel like killing 75 angel on my own again.
The artifact platinum mace was really useful as it reduced the angel to only be able to push.
I may try to fight another vault with an hero(I started demi-god) adventurer. Those who said I needed candy armor, well I had only bronze armor, it did good enough but seeing the wound my adventurer took get steel/candy armor before going in if you aren't a vampire/mist zombie, and get good at wrestling as Kisat Dur (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148015.0) Toradadom type technique work extremely well against armed angel.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 03:57:05 pm »

My first vault had no slab. It was frustrating. So very, very frustrating.

I had this problem in three vaults.  I found a slab once, but unfortunately did not do adequate legends research and the demon that belonged to it was already dead.

Reanimated archangels are pretty great though.  Unless they have no grasping appendages (stupid giant serpent thing) in which case they're more liable to get stuck behind a door or in a ditch than they are likely to be useful companions.

My personal strategy is overwhelming them with a bag of severed heads, then animating them in mass.

But I'm a bit burnt out after the lack of slabs.  Cracking these is no mean feat, even when you cheat a bit.  Maybe next version I'll try again.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 03:50:42 pm »

The wiki doesn't say anything about getting artifact weapons, but the legends state they were stored there in a time before time. Has anyone acquired one of these? I don't really care about the slab or demon, I just want the weapon.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2015, 04:19:38 pm »

This may be a previous version thing?  There used to be underground sites with adamantine weapons sealing paths down... I think these were masterworks?

in the current version, Angels are armed with weapons made drom divine materials equivalent (or nearly so) to agamantine, but it has been a while and I can't reca. A quality mod.

I think books and tablets are the only non-fort-mode artifacts in this version.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 04:32:28 pm »

No, not the upright adamantine weapons; those were never named nor described in Legends like these are. I believe those still exist in this version, don't they?

But I'm talking about something completely different. Check your legends; for each vault, the creator placed an item named along the theme of their spheres. For example, Matchshell was created by a demon of luck, games and torture.
In a time before time, Chancedfortune was stored in Matchshell by the demon Ceyeca Menaceamused the Seducer of Distraction.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5