Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Choosing a tileset?  (Read 1556 times)

esise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Choosing a tileset?
« on: March 21, 2015, 01:22:43 pm »

Just downloaded Masterwork and am struggling at the first hurdle, it seems.

Basically, I want to use the Taffer tileset, so I select:

Color: Jade
Printmode: Standard
Font: Masterwork
Tileset: Taffer

(ON) Rendermax
(OFF) Truetype Font
(ON) Creature Sprites

However, what is happening is that whatever it is in the TWBT Plugin "Font tileset" overrides the tileset I chose completely. I just re-extracted Masterwork and even with the field empty there seems to be a default one that it selects.
I have been fiddling around with the settings and occasionally I get the Taffer tileset to work, but the only times that has happened is when I've had a few of the other options switched on, but that causes creatures to displayed with unique graphics, which I don't want.

Basically, I want to use the Taffer tileset, with no custom creature graphics, item graphics, or anything like that. I just want everything as letters, although I would like to have Rendermax on (because I believe that allows the levels to have variations in lighting?)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Choosing a tileset?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 03:17:58 pm »

Have you tried "creature sprites" OFF?  ... And you didn't mention whether you checked "Item Graphics" on or off in TWBT (sounds like you want OFF)

By the way, I play without Rendermax, although the lighting effect is beautiful, because it causes*  crashes if you zoom in and out.  I guess some people don't ever zoom while playing, but I do, so it was a deal breaker for me.

* (or caused?  apologies if that's been fixed)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:22:56 pm by smakemupagus »

GTCharged

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 01:12:52 pm »

Nah, still crashes the second you zoom, smakemupagus. You inadvertently solved my issue, and here I was digging back 20 pages in this section. Not sure why OP's crashing..
Could be anything with a pack of this size though.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 03:35:55 pm »

Try changing the display mode to Text Will Be Text.  Without that, either the TWBT Font or the normal graphics will be used for everything, depending on your Creature Graphics setting.

esise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 12:46:04 pm »

Try changing the display mode to Text Will Be Text.  Without that, either the TWBT Font or the normal graphics will be used for everything, depending on your Creature Graphics setting.

Where do I change display mode? The only thing like that I can see is Print Mode, and there's no TWBT option.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 05:30:58 pm »

Sorry, I meant Print Mode.  Text-Will-Be-Text should be the last option in the list.  It's called TWBT when you enter it manually in init.txt.  I forgot that the launcher spells it out, since it doesn't spell out the others