Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elf, Human, Goblin, Tigerman, etc pets  (Read 1212 times)

Thomasasia

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Vampromancer
    • View Profile
Elf, Human, Goblin, Tigerman, etc pets
« on: March 21, 2015, 06:04:42 pm »

So, if i add the [PET] tag to a creature, such as an elf, human, goblin, etc, could i get them as pets? :D
"That way leads to the surface. We don't go to the surface."

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Elf, Human, Goblin, Tigerman, etc pets
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 06:12:55 pm »

I believe so. My one race that allowed eating of sentients sold human and dwarf meats.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 06:58:57 pm »

I believe so. My one race that allowed eating of sentients sold human and dwarf meats.

i don't think that has anything to do with that...

I would assume so. You need to add COMMON_DOMESTIC to that if you want to buy them

Though I remember when I embarked with goblins once (it was in .31 or .34 though), I brought trolls with me, and trolls are sentient.

Maybe the ETHIC:SLAVERY actually has an effect now ?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 10:49:01 pm »

i don't think that has anything to do with that...

I would assume so. You need to add COMMON_DOMESTIC to that if you want to buy them

Though I remember when I embarked with goblins once (it was in .31 or .34 though), I brought trolls with me, and trolls are sentient.

Maybe the ETHIC:SLAVERY actually has an effect now ?
Goblins have trolls because goblins have [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS]
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Ganb

• Bay Watcher
  • Beast Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 11:23:05 am »

If you don't add [NO_DRINK] to things like Tigerman, they'll die without an accessible water source, heads up.
You could probably mod them to drink booze, somehow, though. Same goes for having lots of meat type food.
You need to find the most exotic animal pet you can, and then breed a war party of them. Have a beastmaster as your only guardian, wrapped in adamantium with a platinum war hammer that is backed by savage giant beasts from around the world.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 01:08:58 pm »

The details of intelligent pets seem kind of inconsistent across modes.

Intelligent domestic creatures can be purchased on embark and their materials may turn up in caravans, but they don't seem to show up in regular animal populations.
Intelligence is based on the CAN_LEARN tag.  CAN_SPEAK does not alter whether or not a creature is considered intelligent, but it does influence fortress mode behaviors (speaking creatures must eat and drink - they will eat from barrels, but need open water sources to drink.  They will not drink booze.  They will drink from murky pools, but only if they are close to dying of thirst.)
SLOW_LEARNERs are not considered intelligent, which is why goblins can raise trolls.