Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Syndrome breath  (Read 1091 times)

Thomasasia

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Vampromancer
    • View Profile
Syndrome breath
« on: March 21, 2015, 06:43:59 pm »

I want to give a creature an arsenal of breath attacks to kill or harm other with, such as spraying blisters on their whole body, or making their whole body bleed, or dissolve their eyes. lets start simple, with a breath that impairs the function of all their organs. how do i do this?
"That way leads to the surface. We don't go to the surface."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Syndrome breath
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 11:37:41 pm »

Since there is already an interaction that allows units to emit materials, you would want to create a material to emit that causes the syndromes that you wish. The possible types of emissions can be found here, and the possible syndrome effects can be found here.

Narrrz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 04:03:40 am »

i got a lovely forgotten beast the other day that constantly emitted 'deadly dust' which caused nigh-instantaneous shutdown of the victims nervous system and triggered rapid-onset necrosis.

Dispatched it within the first few moments of combat, but the damage was done; 16 dwarves, around 1/4 of my military, collapsed and rapidly devolved into puddles of inert, miasma emitting slime.

so yeah. maybe try to make a breath weapon like that.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 01:46:13 am »

Better is blistering, which can actually pulp parts.

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 05:10:34 pm »

Better is blistering, which can actually pulp parts.
Somehow THAT statement, out of all the weird DF reports, produced a vivid mental image for me. ("Wait, it can? How? Oh. Ewww.")