Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World Gen stopping at Civilization placement. HELP?  (Read 1193 times)

athenalras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
World Gen stopping at Civilization placement. HELP?
« on: March 31, 2015, 09:05:55 pm »

It took me a while to get to creating and modding creatures and civs but after school grind has come to a brief halt, I got to it.

However, things aren't going as smoothly and I've hit the same wall as I have in the past. World gen gets stuck when it starts placing civilizations. If it is possible, can someone go through them and tell me what is stopping world gen from completion?

Additional note: I've run worldgen on vanilla with 120 civilizations and it ran fine and I have successfully exported the .xml file.

A link to my .zip file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10724
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:11:32 pm by athenalras »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: World Gen stopping at Civilization placement. HELP?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 09:16:14 pm »

There's a bunch of bugs with nobles in dark fortresses that cause crashes exactly like what you're describing. I believe the cause of it is any noble with the [CHAT_WORTHY] token in a civ that lives in dark fortresses. I'll take a look at the raws specifically right after this post.
EDIT: Yeah the orc king has [CHAT_WORTHY] removing it should stop the crashes.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:18:01 pm by vjmdhzgr »
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

athenalras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 09:17:44 pm »

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

athenalras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 09:43:23 pm »

There's a bunch of bugs with nobles in dark fortresses that cause crashes exactly like what you're describing. I believe the cause of it is any noble with the [CHAT_WORTHY] token in a civ that lives in dark fortresses. I'll take a look at the raws specifically right after this post.
EDIT: Yeah the orc king has [CHAT_WORTHY] removing it should stop the crashes.

Thanks! I've started world gen and it seems to work fine now. Thanks again! I can finally play dwarf fortress again without being vanilla.