Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noob Fortress - Let's Play  (Read 896 times)

Dug

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dwarf Fortress Newb
    • View Profile
Noob Fortress - Let's Play
« on: April 12, 2015, 01:41:24 am »

Hey there guys I made a dwarf fortress let's play as of recent.

As much as I tried to tempt people into watching it didn't seem to work, so I turned to the home of dwarf fortress. One thing to keep in mind is that I might not pronounce everything correctly since English is not my first language! Also my microphone isn't a studio one.

Anyway, what I imagined at first is interacting with the viewers and naming dwarves after them as they correct all my horrid fort constructing efforts. Every video is around 30 minutes long and there's 9 parts at the moment. It's been recorded since start to beginning and there's only been one attack. (Werebeast). All in all nothing of grand scale has been actually done although there's like 56 dwarves in the fort now so as you can imagine you can get specific about which dwarf is going to be named after you. (Nicknamed).

You can watch it here.

All in all I hope you guys enjoy, place your suggestions either in the comment section or here. I'm kinda pretty new at this too so I could use the help. Meanwhile, don't look at the older videos. They're not that 'good'. I would say my knowledge of dwarf fortress is basic, but there's probably a lot more to learn which I hope to do through this. For an example someone commented I should place a lever room next to my meeting area. It never came to me before that I should but in retrospect any idle dwarf would go to that room and simply do the job within a moment's time. Which I wanted to pull off in the upcoming video.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 02:02:09 am by Dug »