Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32

Author Topic: A Sudden Reality Shift: New System and respec thread  (Read 37242 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: A Sudden Reality Shift: New System and respec thread
« Reply #285 on: March 27, 2015, 10:03:30 pm »

okay i think this works, just waiting on final confirmations about legitimacy of stat distributions.

Auron Kell
missions 4 (+1 extra for anomalous planet.), timeskip, boarding. 25 points stat/skill, 10 points bonus
Code: [Select]
  [Final] (Initial +points)
STR: [1] (0 +5)
DEX: [2] (1 +10)
END: [1] (0 +5)
CHA: [-1] (-1 +0)
MIND: [1] (0 +5)
FATE: [1] (0 +5)
INTU: [1] (0 +5)

Handiwork________: [1] (0 +5)
Conventional_____: [-1] (-1 +0)
Unconventional___: [2] (1 +10)
Exotic devices___: [-1] (-1 +0)
Auxiliary tech___: [2] (1 +10)
Medical tech___: [0] (0 +0)
General knowledge___: [0] (0 +0)

mesk vraite
missions 9 (+1 extra for anomalous planet.), timeskip. 50 points stat/skill, 5 points bonus
   [Final] (Initial +points)

STR: [0] (-1 +5)
DEX: [1] (0 +5)
END: [0] (-1 +5)
CHA: [-1] (-1 +0)
MIND: [1] (0 +5)
FATE: [4] (2 +35)
INTU: [0] (0 +0)

Handiwork________: [0] (0 +0)
Conventional_____: [-1] (-1 +0)
Unconventional___: [2] (1 +10)
Exotic devices___: [-1] (-1 +0)
Auxiliary tech___: [2] (1 +10)
Medical tech_____: [3] (0 +30)
General knowledge: [0] (0 +0)

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:57:13 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 28, 2015, 01:48:53 am »

Spoiler: Respec for Simus (click to show/hide)

Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 28, 2015, 02:06:41 am »

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 02:32:16 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 28, 2015, 07:13:38 am »

New sheet with the new rules, coming up.

Spoiler: Pan start (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: points (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pan end (click to show/hide)

--edit: moved 5 points to int and changed initial level in uncon to aux--
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:45:27 am by Pancaek »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 29, 2015, 09:12:12 am »

So, I've been contemplating dumping the Fate down to -1 (no -2, I am not that suicidal). Currently it's +1, so that'd be equivalent to 10 points freed. Any advice on whether it's a good idea, passable, or Not Good one?

Also, to those who picked upgrading Fate on roleplaying reasons, what would be your assessment of Maurice and his Fate stat, character-wise (based on your personal interpretation of that stat's meaning)? I remember that Lenglon had previously tackled the problem with respeccing her character, and possibly several others too.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nunzillor

« Reply #290 on: March 29, 2015, 09:17:02 am »

01010100 01100101 01101011 (Tek) Respec

Spoiler: Base: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Level up (1 mission): (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:13:38 am by Nunzillor »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 29, 2015, 09:27:07 am »

Also, to those who picked upgrading Fate on roleplaying reasons, what would be your assessment of Maurice and his Fate stat, character-wise (based on your personal interpretation of that stat's meaning)? I remember that Lenglon had previously tackled the problem with respeccing her character, and possibly several others too.
I never got an answer
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 29, 2015, 09:35:06 am »

@Nunzillor
First, bonuses can't go above +2 at chargen. Second, treat it exactly as the original system, except that there's an extra +1/-1 insterted in the bonuses/penalties progression, the bonus of which has to be used on upgrading 0->+1.

So, in general, it works this way:
The whole table of possible variants for your convenience:
1 +1s:  1 -1s
2 +1s:  2 -1s if on separate stats
2 +1s:  3 -1s if on the same stat (as in original system)
3 +1s:  4 -1s ( 4=1+1+2)          (the inefficiency of over-specialization starts to kick in)
4 +1s:  7 -1s ( 7=1+1+2+3)
5 +1s: 11 -1s (11=1+1+2+3+4)
Oh, and it's impossible to spread around 11 -1s, as it was discovered later, so the last line is mostly for calculations reference.
Anyway, it appears that the wiki Stats and Skills page is up to date on current respeccing rules.

@Lenglon
Ah, pity. I was really looking forward to your advice on the matter, since you were the first one to bring it up originally.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:36:39 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nunzillor

« Reply #293 on: March 29, 2015, 09:50:03 am »

Thanks, Nikitian.  I have edited the post to hopefully be correct.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 29, 2015, 09:56:33 am »

D'usse de Cognac

Spoiler: Initial Points (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:39:27 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 29, 2015, 10:23:45 am »

D'usse de Cognac

Spoiler: Initial Points (click to show/hide)

I think I did this correctly.
Not quite.

The +1/-1 rule only works for two +1/-1s. If you have a single +2 you have to have three -1s, and if you have three +1s you have to have four -1s, and increasing from there.

So you need one more -1 (or one less +1 and one less -1) for your stats, and either turn your +2 into a +1, or add three more -1s to your skills.

On top of that, however, you get 5 points per mission for both the Stat and the skill block, so you can distribute 10 more points on Stats.

If you're confused, use this: http://parisbre56-phpexperiment.rhcloud.com/character_creation.html
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 29, 2015, 10:25:02 am »

@Nunzillor It appears that you have +4/-9 in total for skills, whereas for +4 only -7 is required (=1 for "first" bonus, 1 for extra bonus, 2 for "second" (third with extra) bonus, 3 for "third"(fourth with extra) bonus). Stats appear correct, though.

@TCM I'm afraid you're missing on penalties for both stats and skills in the initial charsheet; specifically, for 3 bonuses in total there have to be 4 penalties, and for 4 bonuses - 7 penalties. Please consult the table I posted above, the Stats and Skills wiki page or the character respec calculator linked in the Piecewise's title post of this thread (note that the chargen system outlined in said post is a bit out of date).
Edit: Ninja'd by Sean.
Past Sigs

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 29, 2015, 10:48:54 am »

I had read on the on ship thread that there was additional changes. Sorry for being a trouble and not reading up on the changes myself, but I am short on time. This is my sheet. Do I need to change anything on it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 29, 2015, 10:53:31 am »

Stats are fine, as for skills you should drop one of -2s (or downgrade two -2s to -1s).
Past Sigs

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 29, 2015, 11:24:22 am »

Thanks for the reception, I think I've made the proper adjustments now.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32