Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Secret World - Horror MMO by Funcom  (Read 4520 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Secret World - Horror MMO by Funcom
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 04:13:08 pm »

The mob AI seems really fail.

Maybe its just the first area you go to with zombies.

But I can run pretty close by them and they ignore me.

If the entire game is like that outside of raids, then I think I wasted 20 dollars as that is game breaking to me. Even WoW has better aggro range than this shit (edit: And I should add, WoW aggro range in cataclysm areas is pretty fail as it is. WoD is great for aggro range though, mostly because so much stuff all around). Worst immersion possible when you run a few feet away and they ignore you.

Literally, I am a few feet away from zombies and they ignore me. Total fail. Is the entire game like that? I'm not going to bother playing anymore unless someone says it gets better.

I might just do a charge back lol...I want me 20 dollars back if the aggro range/AI is that terrible.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 04:32:15 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 05:55:46 pm »

I don't think you said fail enough.

And no, the whole game isn't like that. Things lower level than you do have smaller agro radius.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 02:51:43 am »

First world is amazing, egypt is boring generic fantasy world.... burned out on the game before I got to the third world.

Does not help that I was totally maxed out on relevant skills by the end of world 1, and had endgame blue gear (from the AH), so there was no progression (just unlocking skills for weapons I'd never use).

It's too bad, the setting is amazing, the story was good (for an mmo) and the skill wheel was an interesting idea.... but the combat is just, it's the absolute worst sort of 11111121111113 mindless button mashing so once the story slowed down I completely lost interest.

It's one of those games I really wanted to like more then I do.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 03:21:35 pm »

This was something that I watched a lot of youtube videos of and got really excited about - I was jusssst about to buy it, but then heard it was going F2P. I then heard it had gone into a sort of weird payment model and haven't really been able to figure out what it's all about.

I liked the idea of a proper MMO with none of the freemium rubbish which has plagued that side of gaming. I also don't really mind if there are sorta 2-3 expansions to buy on top of the initial cost, but I certainly don't want to get sucked into micro-transaction land.

Could someone lay down how it is at the moment, and if the quick progression is as bad as BurnedToast makes it sound?
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 03:27:50 pm »

The way it works is like this:

Zones 1, 2 and 3 are F2P.

If you want to go farther in the story than that, and eventually see Tokyo, you have to buy each "Episode" as DLC, which runs anywhere from $5 to $20 per episode.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 11:50:47 pm »

Seems AI aggro radius not working may have been a bug or something. After the recent patch its back to normal.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 [2]