Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pixel Privateer. Ahoy me matey, no one hear ya scream from space!  (Read 5340 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soooo you guys remember these teasing image of pixel pirate with gun in space right?
Well it wasnt a hoax, nor a joke but actually is a full fledged game that i had the priviledge to be accepted
in the testing team.

What does it mean for pixel pirate? Nothing in fact there is even a big big patch coming very soon with AI changeas the spearhead and much more i am excited about. Pixel Privateers also has a full team, no more 2 guys coding between2 real life shift but 2 complete team working on 2 game. Alex Poysky is leading pixel privateer into awesomness. I do not have image right now as i am preparing a little something for post 2 of this thread, a little story if you wish.

But untill i get you some image up here you HAVE to check this link, its pretty much a video let's play for those who want to see the gameflow in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jubE9eBn8MY

But for the second post to start populating i will need 2 poster to tell me what weapon they like in this list.

Assault Riffle
Sniper Riffle
Pistol
Phaser
Plasma Knife
Sword.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:42:29 am by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pixel Privateer. Ahoy me matey, no one hear ya scream from space!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 10:41:32 am »

-Reserved-
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 11:25:37 am »

I hope they put more work into the UI this time.  Pixel Piracy was neat, but pretty awkward to play.  :P 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 11:42:01 am »

To be honest the UI in this game is quite easy to navigate trought, there has been some update lately that really seem to have nailed it, well at least to my taste. Now about the weapons guy? what do you prefer? still waiting on that :)

Pajama Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • Easy to Please
    • View Profile
    • Pajama Knight's Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 12:07:00 pm »

Pistols are always bad ass.
Providing an opinion on things in desperate need of an opinion since 1989.

Pajama Knight's Blog - Videos, Games, and Musings

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 07:59:23 pm »

Hey there guys. Alex Poysky here!

As Jocan said, we are hard at work on the game, and are looking at an August launch. We can talk all about the game here!
Poysky Productions

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 08:05:08 pm »

Heh, I thought I was gonna get into the beta, but I have a feeling it was because I stopped going to the forums.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 08:10:06 pm »

Actually there isn't a bay12 beta this time around.
Poysky Productions

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 08:30:51 pm »

I signed onto the official site XD

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 03:33:27 am »

Well, obviously, you're dropping the ball this time around!  ;D
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Lucidvizion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 08:44:39 am »

I thought I had my fill of pixel piratey games until I saw the video.  Do want!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 10:36:56 am »

Well it is shaping up and it seems like your dodging all the worst aspects of Pixil Piracy this time.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 06:46:18 am »

We are avoiding the problems we encountered in Piracy's development.

We will not use Early Access, we used it for Piracy to fund our tiny studio, made the money, and are now being coherent and NOT doubling down and running off into the sunset with a second round of EA cash.

Once the game is done you'll be able to play it. I'll be opening up a second wave of testing soon, but only for dedicated testers, people who aren't there to see how cool the game is then dissapear, but people who want to help the game become what it deserves to be.

That means NDA's, publisher agreements, and your name in the credits of course!

Anyways, once I have more info I'll get back, but for now, let me say that we've learned from our mistakes, and are already fixing Piracy, expect a huge update in 4 days, with a second, even larger one coming in mid april that basically re-structures the entire AI. Yes, we have reprogrammed Piracy from the ground up.

Thanks guys!
Poysky Productions

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 07:06:13 am »

Hello, Alex. Just want to say cheers for taking the chance you got with early funding and being good guys about it. Muchos respect. It is much appreciated compared to, say, that Spacebase DF-9 fiasco.

Once you are pushing beta, I'm sure there'll be people interested in buying and giving feedback though, even if you feel 90% of the testing to a dedicated testing team. 

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 08:11:27 am »

I'm really grateful for the comment friend! But we WON'T be doing a beta either! The game will come out, version 1.0, as a 100% complete product, and from THERE we will add on using free content updates (or dlc's or whatever you want to call them, but FREE).
Poysky Productions
Pages: [1] 2