Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some noob quesions  (Read 1193 times)

Oran Legendstone

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Literature☼
    • View Profile
Some noob quesions
« on: March 24, 2015, 06:11:48 pm »

1: I found a kidnapped child in a goblin fortress with no family to speak of. Any idea where i'm suppose to take her. (In further questioning her dad was the king for a little while but it appears he's dead according to the legends mode.)

1.5: If there is nowhere to take her is there anyway I can raise her to be a warrior like her new elven dad. If she will even grow up in adventure mode.

2: Can my demon companion go into towns an fortress's with me without people freaking out. (P.S. This also appears to be the demon that stuck down the childs mother an father.)

3: Can I extinct the goblins in Adventure Mode an if so will this carry over to Fortress Mode.

4: Can I claim a dwarf/goblin fortress for my group? I know you have to kill lords for human settlements, so do I have to kill the queen/baron(ess) for a dwarf fortress's? ( I don't know what goblins have a rulers except for the occasional demon)

5: If my companion kills something worthy of being notable do we share the fame?

6: I'm using df hack on the Lazy Newb Pack an can't get the adv-bodyswap command to work. It says its not a recognized command. (sorry if this question isnt right for this discussion)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Some noob quesions
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 07:08:15 pm »

1. You can get them adopted by someone else, in particular if you bring a kid back to someone, while they are still in OMGSUPERHAPPYMODE you can get them to adopt any number of additional kids, I tested and had a human lasher who I reunited with three of her kids agree to adopt another 60 or so assorted dorfs and humans... no elves because I'm not rescuing them, we're at war for a reason.

1.5 Ask her to wait somewhere for you, travel away and return, she should be listed as a recruit, you can give her weapons and stuff at this point and she'll begin behaving accordingly.

2. Uhhh, you can tell it to wait outside a town, but I don't recall it freaking people out too bad actually.

3. Yes changes you make it a world will carry over to fortress mode and vice versa, when I started my first adventurer it was with a dorf from my own 5 year old fort, said fort was made in a site which wasn't originally at war with the gobs, it was by the time I started adventuring, but the nearby goblin sites were emptied by my actions in fort mode and severely depleted by what I did with my adventurers, though I did incite several other wars and saw multiple side battles between different goblin civs!

4. No but you can claim it for your own group, sadly you can't make one over-arching group to claim sites with, it's a new one for each site sadly. As long as you are in the throne room and nobody else with a potential claim is present or alive you should get a text box saying you are now in control of that site.

5. They get the fame and you can regale others with tales of their deeds, I think you get a bit of a boost from it but honestly nothing gives as significant a gain as rescuing kids which only you can do (the difference being that any number of dragons and rocs and demons and goblins will only ever get you legendary hero and/or legendary killer, but a few kids returned home will lead to you being greatly respected for heroic acts and after enough of this you begin to get recognized in different sites!) but it's still nice to tell others what they've done along with your feats.

6. I use dfusion > 2 (adventurer tools) > 2 (change adventurer) to do it myself, though I suggest editing the person you want to control and adding reading skill if you already have it yourself, if just because it is nice being able to read signs and slabs and books, whether you want to become a necro or not, there is no way I know of to add reading skill to someone you control, but you can do it to someone you are going to dfusion swap to.

Oran Legendstone

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Literature☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:02:34 pm »

1. You can get them adopted by someone else, in particular if you bring a kid back to someone, while they are still in OMGSUPERHAPPYMODE you can get them to adopt any number of additional kids, I tested and had a human lasher who I reunited with three of her kids agree to adopt another 60 or so assorted dorfs and humans... no elves because I'm not rescuing them, we're at war for a reason.

1.5 Ask her to wait somewhere for you, travel away and return, she should be listed as a recruit, you can give her weapons and stuff at this point and she'll begin behaving accordingly.

2. Uhhh, you can tell it to wait outside a town, but I don't recall it freaking people out too bad actually.

3. Yes changes you make it a world will carry over to fortress mode and vice versa, when I started my first adventurer it was with a dorf from my own 5 year old fort, said fort was made in a site which wasn't originally at war with the gobs, it was by the time I started adventuring, but the nearby goblin sites were emptied by my actions in fort mode and severely depleted by what I did with my adventurers, though I did incite several other wars and saw multiple side battles between different goblin civs!

4. No but you can claim it for your own group, sadly you can't make one over-arching group to claim sites with, it's a new one for each site sadly. As long as you are in the throne room and nobody else with a potential claim is present or alive you should get a text box saying you are now in control of that site.

5. They get the fame and you can regale others with tales of their deeds, I think you get a bit of a boost from it but honestly nothing gives as significant a gain as rescuing kids which only you can do (the difference being that any number of dragons and rocs and demons and goblins will only ever get you legendary hero and/or legendary killer, but a few kids returned home will lead to you being greatly respected for heroic acts and after enough of this you begin to get recognized in different sites!) but it's still nice to tell others what they've done along with your feats.

6. I use dfusion > 2 (adventurer tools) > 2 (change adventurer) to do it myself, though I suggest editing the person you want to control and adding reading skill if you already have it yourself, if just because it is nice being able to read signs and slabs and books, whether you want to become a necro or not, there is no way I know of to add reading skill to someone you control, but you can do it to someone you are going to dfusion swap to.

Thanks that helped a lot!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:51:58 pm by Oran Legendstone »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 12:02:19 am »

Not a prob, kids are fun to rescue, pain to get it working sometimes, but it's great when you get em all back and everyones all weepy-sounding and overjoyed, plus as I said, you do this a couple times and you're gonna be beyond a legendary hero, with random people in other sites having heard about you and being stunned when they meet you after enough time has passed for your fame to spread.

Can take a while at adventurer pacing though.