Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 84455 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Renaissance/Fantasy) (Open)
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 05:06:36 pm »

Oh hey, just noticed this.

Character Name: Zikal Marin
Place of Origin: Vin, barony of Saltar
Bio: Born the son of a Baron, Zikal was sent to an academy of the Order, where he recieved a functional education in the views of the ancients as well as a general awarness in Thoughform and it's applications. Having never practiced it himself, he thought of adepts as lowborn street preformers and magicians, but he himself stooped to a lower level when he learned what had happened at home. Shortly after finishing his schooling he heard news of his father's death, and returned home at once only to find that his younger brother, Rolf, had matrilineally married into a rich family, and his treachorious wife by the name of Celestine Innsburg of Zeon had used her influence and power to usurp his rightful throne. Completely outraged, he ran off into the wilderness of the Black Forest, never to return to his homeland since. He spent his days as a forest ranger, studying the wildlife and making maps and paths for travelers. Most who meet him are unaware of the secret behind his uncanny knowledge and mastery of the outdoors.
Specialties: Ranger, Well Educated, Cynical, Proficient Shapeshifter, Javelineer, Xenophobe
Preferred Starting Situation: Tracking brigands southwest of Tyron

This is nice and unique. I was skeptical of the maluses at first, but they seem applicable to dice rolls. Your character will have a difficult time talking to foreigners, and he will actually have a physically increased chance of being scammed or betrayed by people.

It's also okay that you didn't explicitly state how you acquired your thoughtforming capabilities. That leaves the door open to some RP a little more deep than a one-paragraph bio would allow for. I expect great things. :P
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 05:25:33 pm »

So, is my character okay?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 06:27:40 pm »

nice game. I guess i would want to join but its way to complicated for my level of english.
guess ill need to follow this topic to learn something interesting :D
BTW, check Thoughform spoiler, in the beginning there is incomplete sentence.
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 06:32:33 pm »

I'll post a character soon ish.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 07:28:48 pm »

Difficult to say, it's not very unique and I reserve the right to pick a more detailed character in place of yours, but there's nothing all that wrong about it.

Except that, I assume you put "Love for money" as a downside. "Kleptomaniac" traits are not, from my experience, very interesting gameplay-wise. I could give you an extra negative when purchasing expensive goods, perhaps, instead.

Whoops. Thank you.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 09:19:06 pm »

Difficult to say, it's not very unique and I reserve the right to pick a more detailed character in place of yours, but there's nothing all that wrong about it.

Except that, I assume you put "Love for money" as a downside. "Kleptomaniac" traits are not, from my experience, very interesting gameplay-wise. I could give you an extra negative when purchasing expensive goods, perhaps, instead.

Whoops. Thank you.
Giving the negative for purchasing expensive goods is okay.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2015, 09:35:34 pm »

Is it okay, if I change mu character sheet a lot?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 09:41:35 pm »

Is it okay, if I change mu character sheet a lot?

Sure.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 09:55:24 pm »

Reserved. Such hype.

Spoiler: Archae (WiP) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:35:02 pm by Pencil_Art »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 10:25:50 pm »

How would you acquire Thoughtform? Are you born with it, or can you learn it, or acquire it by some other mechanic?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 11:05:22 pm »

How would you acquire Thoughtform? Are you born with it, or can you learn it, or acquire it by some other mechanic?

It's a learned skill, depending on how concrete your memories are. If your character has a really good memory, he could recall memories lucidly and at will. But most people don't have good enough memories, and so only those memories that are really concrete or traumatic can be used. This is why Adepts spend so much time meditating, so that they can remember scenes in full detail.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 11:15:06 pm »

It's a learned skill, depending on how concrete your memories are. If your character has a really good memory, he could recall memories lucidly and at will. But most people don't have good enough memories, and so only those memories that are really concrete or traumatic can be used. This is why Adepts spend so much time meditating, so that they can remember scenes in full detail.
Thanks. Would that make something like Photographic Memory super over powered?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 11:56:24 pm »

Thanks. Would that make something like Photographic Memory super over powered?

No, it just gives you reliable Thoughtform. Summoning your memories of eating sandwiches isn't that powerful.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2015, 01:17:44 pm »

am interested, would like some GM input before I make a character sheet.

would you prefer that I bring a largely premade character (I have a lot of these), adapted to the setting, with a lot of background/backstory and some character traits/quirks/actions that I'm going to be picky about, or:
would you prefer that I make a new character from scratch for the game, that likely will have less detail but I'll be a lot less nitpicky about.

also, how much is cooperation going to be a thing in this game? Would you prefer that I bring a team-oriented character, an independent character, or a often-hostile-to-others character?

and finally, can I design an additional nonhuman race for the character through PMs, requiring GM approval of the final product?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2015, 01:42:47 pm »

am interested, would like some GM input before I make a character sheet.

would you prefer that I bring a largely premade character (I have a lot of these), adapted to the setting, with a lot of background/backstory and some character traits/quirks/actions that I'm going to be picky about, or:
would you prefer that I make a new character from scratch for the game, that likely will have less detail but I'll be a lot less nitpicky about.

You'll have to clarify what you mean by "nitpicky." If you have to explain details about your character that's fine! It leaves more room for gameplay.

also, how much is cooperation going to be a thing in this game? Would you prefer that I bring a team-oriented character, an independent character, or a often-hostile-to-others character?

Toward the beginning all players will be summoned to similar locations. If they all choose to go to the same place except for you, you'll be alone for a bit but it's intended to be a team game with occasional branching.

and finally, can I design an additional nonhuman race for the character through PMs, requiring GM approval of the final product?

Sure, although I'd recommend you save your work for other games. :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40