Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 84834 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 23)
« Reply #255 on: May 14, 2015, 06:26:26 pm »

((...
*does some reading*
thank you, I was given misinformation several years ago apparently.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 15, 2015, 02:20:23 pm »

Waiting on responses from HEN and Pencil_Art.

((...
*does some reading*
thank you, I was given misinformation several years ago apparently.))

((No worries))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 16, 2015, 03:09:44 pm »

"No splashy"

Let's not drink the water. Point to one of the mushrooms and ask the flower girl if they're special.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More Dialogue
« Reply #258 on: May 16, 2015, 04:03:18 pm »

"No splashy"

Let's not drink the water. Point to one of the mushrooms and ask the flower girl if they're special.

Lily: That's correct! This cave only had mundane fungi growing in it when I got thrown in. But using some germination techniques I learned from a human monk in the forest, I was able to plant some of the spores that lay dormant in my clothes. You see, as Flower Spirits it's our job to regulate the natural growth of plants and shrubbery. That includes culling the more... interesting mushrooms so that the humans don't get sick when they go out into the forest. I've got a backlog of dried clippings, although it was hard to keep them dry in that wet cave.
Lily: These red mushrooms are good for red ink. The master let me grow them so he could write more of his books without having to kill people and animals for their blood.
These iridescent blue ones are actually terrible for ink since they're not completely blue. It comes out to a turquoise color. They numb the senses and prevent people from feeling pain.
These yellow ones put people into trances where they see their memories in real life. They're also quite tasty for us spirits. I tend not to give them to Adepts because it really does make their memories come alive. The last time it happened a small village in the forest got devoured by tentacles. Me and the other spirits kept it a secret.

I sigh and pick up the book, look at the cover and flick through a few random pages, then close it and offer it to him at arm's length.

((I apologize for not getting to this earlier. It's basically dialogue.))

The book is a manual on albedo and reflectivity, although the few pages you read were devoted to a study of the moon and the differing brightness of its surface features.

You offer the book, but the man seems without words, stuttering as he tries to form a coherent sentence.
Reader: Y-you... are you an... oh Lord, please don't punish us!

He drops the sack and turns his back, starting to run. A book falls out of the sac as it hits, a collection of plays written by an old poet famous for an epic called "The Sojourn."

((Still awaiting responses from HEN, Pencil)) ((I missed HEN's action accidentally.))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 06:10:41 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 16, 2015, 04:22:45 pm »

"That sounds quite stupid." he simply states to the Astrologer.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 16, 2015, 04:33:48 pm »

"M-memories...."

Grab one of the yellow mushrooms and eat it.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 17, 2015, 12:44:58 am »

"Hello, fellow practitioner of magic. What brings you here?" Archae says to the man who invited them inside, in his awkward voice.

Ask the man if he has been to the lake of dreams or knows anything about it apart from the usual rumors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 21)
« Reply #262 on: May 17, 2015, 12:57:52 am »

"Please wait."
"Why are you collecting these books?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 17, 2015, 02:01:31 am »

"That sounds quite stupid." he simply states to the Astrologer.

Astrologer: It is! If they get caught they won't keep half the prestige they conned.

"Hello, fellow practitioner of magic. What brings you here?" Archae says to the man who invited them inside, in his awkward voice.

Ask the man if he has been to the lake of dreams or knows anything about it apart from the usual rumors.

Adept: Hmm, Lake of Dreams? Well, if you're lookin' for the Lady That Heals, I wouldn't count on it. I've had far too many of my close friends die on me because of her. If there's one lesson life teaches you the hard way, it's that some things are too good to be true regardless of who tells ya.
The astrologer being dragged around by the soldier remarks.
Astrologer: Say uh fellas... can this here bubble move? I really want to get this hoodlum off my neck.
Adept: I'm afraid not. My skill isn't what it used to be. Right now it's just held up by air pressure, no more.

"Please wait."
"Why are you collecting these books?"

Reader: Whaaaa?
His frown turns to a grin.
Reader: I see... I'm going to be blunt, are you someone important? If we hold you for ransom we won't kill you.
You hear footsteps approaching, one pair from behind and quite a few from up ahead ("ahead" being the direction of the speaker). The footsteps from ahead seem to have already been in motion before the speaker suddenly changed his tone.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 17, 2015, 02:22:12 am »

I toss the book in my hand into the sack and slowly walk towards the thief, speaking as I do so.
"I ask you again: Why are you collecting these books? Really? Is it really what you want to be doing with your life? Are you sure that this is who you are meant to be?"
I stop as I near him, and again, extend my arm out towards him once more.
"Everyone deserves a chance for redemption. Just take my hand."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 18, 2015, 11:47:46 pm »

Look around, and see if there's any organic matter nearby. While doing that, peruse the idea of giving the slime legs. If this is possible, use said organic matter to give the slime legs for mobility.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 24)
« Reply #266 on: May 19, 2015, 12:08:24 am »

((Most of the roll is complete, so I'm going to add Pencil_Art's action and auto Caellath. I hope that's okay.))

Roll 24a

"M-memories...."

Grab one of the yellow mushrooms and eat it.

Lily: Wait, the person--
Too late. By the time she reacts, you've tossed it into your mouth. It tastes incredibly bitter, so you gulp it down in one motion.
Lily: Okay, well, I suppose it doesn't matter now.

Lily turns to check Zikal's progress. She chants something once she gets the blue ink and makes the cards, tinting your vision yellow (see below).

[6][5] As for the yellow mushroom, it doesn't seem to have done anything about your amnesia yet. Your vision is a bit cloudy though, that's not cool.

Your whole body is burned (1)
Your left arm is bruised (1)

You have a schematic of an iron arrow trap

You have a steel axe (Attack power: 1) (Deals piercing damage if the attack connects but fails to pierce)
You have an iron mace (Attack power: 2) (If the target has less than 2 damage, deals piercing damage)

You have a charged large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have an uncharged Quickbow (Attack power: 1. Can fire twice per turn. Charging it allows you to fire two arrows per attack, four in one turn)
You have 13 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
There is one recoverable arrow near the Old Fortress Mound
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

"I am  an adept, yes. I'll try to get some blue ink."

Try to remember a bottle of blue ink, primarily from my time at Saltar.

+1 positive die because... well... art is TECHNICALLY literature~
[3+1]/[5+1][1+1] As an ex-nobleman you have quite a bit of experience with the workings of the artisans, especially those hired by your... eccentric mother. She would often hire painters from across the Empire who typically brought with them unique styles and methods. Of course, one of the arguments levied against your inheritance of Saltar was that the foreign art styles your mother endorsed had corrupted your childhood and turned you into a barbarian.

It is quite easy to recall a paintbrush coated in blue paint. Or twelve.

Lily: That's perfect, thanks! Now, to write the card...
(3+1)(6+1) She scribbles a couple of runes on the blue-colored morphcard, and then holds it in her right hand, with another Automorphic Barrier in her left.
Lily: I wrote these in the language of the ancients, so you won't get a word of this. Here goes nothing...
She chants in some incomprehensible gibberish. Immediately, the cards vanish into dust and your vision becomes tinted yellow.

You look down at your hands and find that they've been covered with a glowing yellow boundary.
Lily: We got an hour to get to the trees. That should be more than enough time. Now come!

Your whole body is burned (1)

You have a stack of spell tome pages and a black cover

You have a bloodied ceremonial dagger (Attack power: 3) (attaches to target and Drains it, suppressing it) (remembering a memory teleports this weapon to your hand)

You have a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab))
You have 10 Javelin memories (lucid)
You have about thirty Hours
You have a royal goblet, a golden watch, and some jewelry

You remember the Lady of Winter
You remember a giant eye
You remember many pixies
You remember a band of Arinthian soldiers and some bandits
You remember a bandit sinking into the ground

Look around, and see if there's any organic matter nearby. While doing that, peruse the idea of giving the slime legs. If this is possible, use said organic matter to give the slime legs for mobility.

You've left the marketplace, but there's bound to be organic matter there. Most of the food will go bad anyway in the heat, so it's not technically theft.

[1+1][6+1] You are able to recall some food from the marketplace. It's difficult to make a slime out of memorized material (-1 to all dice), but the light of Ash strengthens your mind and allows you to do all sorts of things you would never expect. ((You can use Ignithas as an Adept even if your specialization is Aganis, by the way.))

The black slime protecting you is a half-dome connected to the ground. If you were to give it legs, you would have to make its bottom rigid, somehow, and the boneless legs strong enough to carry three people. You could simply use the legs to move the dome around and walk beneath it, but according to the old Adept the bubble is held open by air pressure. If you lifted it the whole thing might collapse, so you'd need to reinforce it with your own power.

Of course, whatever the material is, it seems to be keeping out the Ashrays quite well. You entertain the idea of simply wrapping yourselves in the material as a cloak.

You hold some memory-apples (strong)

You have a green poison slime with Paralysis toxin

You remember a red, blue, and a green spell-slime (weak)

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silversteel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have seventy-five Hours

Waiting on action...

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

I toss the book in my hand into the sack and slowly walk towards the thief, speaking as I do so.
"I ask you again: Why are you collecting these books? Really? Is it really what you want to be doing with your life? Are you sure that this is who you are meant to be?"
I stop as I near him, and again, extend my arm out towards him once more.
"Everyone deserves a chance for redemption. Just take my hand."

A band of about six bandits show up behind the headband guy. They all seem perplexed by your appearance. You don't radiate light, but a white shilhouette is striking nonetheless.

Headband Guy: Wait what? I... so it's true then. My whole life I'd--
One of the bandits behind him speaks.
Suspicious Thief: Wait hold on, angels don't have tails...
Another Thief: These books go to the orphans and poor! We sell 'em at discount prices
Interjecting Thief: Dead Silence!

That last criminal must have cast a spell tome or something, because everything goes quiet. You weren't able to identify which one in the crowd did it. The whole band starts smiling. One of them holds out a finger as if to signal an attack, and another pulls out a gun.
The headband guy backs away from you, revealing something shining underneath his sleeve. It's some sort of speartip or arrowhead. He holds his arm up toward the ceiling.

It is the 4th hour after noon. Ash is blazing bright in the azure sky, burning all exposed objects and adding +1 to all die in a thoughtform roll (even indoors).
Expected end of Ashstorm: 7th hour.  (Next hour: Turn 32)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:23:40 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 24)
« Reply #267 on: May 19, 2015, 12:37:08 am »

"How do you create this black material?" Archae asks the other adept.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 19, 2015, 01:06:23 am »

"How do you create this black material?" Archae asks the other adept.

Adept: Ash and, um... more ash I think. It took a lot of ash. Good thing for me a bale of hay caught fire in a cart left out. There's no room left anywhere in this part of the city. I blame all the nobles that came for the gathering at the castle. Brought in a load of courtiers.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 19, 2015, 01:07:53 am »

I lower my arm and slightly bow my head for a moment before stepping aside, allowing them to pass unhindered.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40