Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 83513 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 26)
« Reply #285 on: May 25, 2015, 04:27:39 pm »

"Uhh, are you all right?"

Find out the peasants condition.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 23)
« Reply #286 on: May 25, 2015, 05:25:20 pm »

The mercenary then turns his eyes to the Astrologer by his side. "And if ya aren't going to help him fix the damages he caused, can we go somewhere safe? Really, shouldn't we just go somewhere and have the materials used in these cloaks returned to their original place? Because if that's the case, can't ya just help him?" he inquires, hiding Klein inside of his cloak and not seeming very pleased. Life really could be a bit easier.

Head to a safe place, questions about repairing the damages caused.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 26)
« Reply #287 on: May 25, 2015, 06:27:19 pm »

Roll 27

"Uhh, are you all right?"

Find out the peasants condition.

[2][4] The peasant says nothing, so you move closer to investigate his condition. He stands as you near him, so you take some caution in case he turns out to be hostile. It's always best to be cynical.

Wilhelm follows behind you as you investigate. As Wilhelm approaches, the peasant turns around and speaks in a raspy voice toward him. The peasant's mouth and eyes are replaced with some black void, and the peasant himself seems to be accusing Wilhelm of something. He drops his hat, revealing a huge black splotch on his head. The hat lands upside-down in the grass, with the inside replaced by a black void.

While you mostly pay attention to the affair with the peasant, you notice out of the corner of your eye that the hat is producing loose hairlike strands of some dark substance from inside. They droop down over the edges of the hat.

Your whole body is burned (1)

You have a stack of spell tome pages and a black cover

You have a bloodied ceremonial dagger (Attack power: 3) (attaches to target and Drains it, suppressing it) (remembering a memory teleports this weapon to your hand)

You have a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab))
You have 10 Javelin memories (lucid)
You have about thirty Hours
You have a royal goblet, a golden watch, and some jewelry

You remember the Lady of Winter
You remember a giant eye
You remember many pixies
You remember a band of Arinthian soldiers and some bandits
You remember a bandit sinking into the ground

Willhelm steps a little closer to the peasant

"And lo, though despair and loneliness is all they felt, His gaze was always on them. And He felt pity, for He could not help them. But His faithful could, and help they did."

approach guy, figure out what's bothering him

[5][6] You take one more step forward. As soon as you take that last step, the peasant turns around. His eyes are black, as is his mouth. He then walks toward you, pointing his gloved finger.
Peasant/Thing: You made me like this! You do not remember men by their soul, but by their superficial appearance. You have created a wretched mess because you did not know me, only what I looked like. I am but a hollow shell with no reality, so do not refer to me as such!
With that, the peasant drops to one knee and starts coughing up a black substance against the wet grass.

Lily blurts out.
Lily: Wilhelm... you have amnesia!? This is very bad... dreams are but a type of memory. Humans have many dreams which they do not remember, but that does not mean they are gone from the psyche, only repressed and hidden away. Over time, these hidden memories decay beyond recognition. I know this because I am an ancient being, and have seen many travellers eat the mushrooms and reveal what's become of their forgotten dreams. I do not know what causes this decay, only that it occurs.

You ate the mushroom, Wilhelm. Don't eat the mushroom.

Your whole body is burned (1)
Your left arm is bruised (1)

You have a schematic of an iron arrow trap

You have a steel axe (Attack power: 1) (Deals piercing damage if the attack connects but fails to pierce)
You have an iron mace (Attack power: 2) (If the target has less than 2 damage, deals piercing damage)

You have a charged large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have an uncharged Quickbow (Attack power: 1. Can fire twice per turn. Charging it allows you to fire two arrows per attack, four in one turn)
You have 13 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
There is one recoverable arrow near the Old Fortress Mound
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

((Okay.))

Archae spreads his arms and mutters a spell quickly. Drop the air pressure near the fire to snuff it out.

[2+1][4+1] You form an expanding circle of null pressure, turning the flames first to embers, then finally snuffing them out. It's the same effect as the candle inside the glass cup--fire too, like man, needs to breath.
Releasing the pressure, you feel a flow of wind back into the region, but it causes no damage to anything nearby.

You have four more cloaks to hand out. The Inn is intact.

You have a black Cloak of Ash (protects against Ashlight and fire)
You have a green poison slime with Paralysis

You remember a red, blue, and a green spell-slime (weak)

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silversteel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have seventy-five Hours

Leonhard stares quite intently at Archae. "Can you please fix what you have just done?" he asks, his apparently polite and calm tone not matching his narrowing eyes and the expression of someone who isn't quite happy with what he's watching.

Archae masterfully puts out the flame with a spellcast, although there remain obvious scorch marks on the side of the Inn. He created enough ashes in the process to form five ashcloaks, one for you, one for the astrologer, one for the Adept, and two for other purposes.

Astrologer: Splendid work! Now we can make our way to the Office!
The Office of Astrologos is close to the inner city, near the University and the Arcane Library. Should you make your way there, you will encounter a lobby full of suited ladies and gentlemen passing the time while waiting for the ashstorm to end. A clerk at the front desk is currently filling out rosters to make sure everyone is accounted for. Also, a team of astrologers is present carring a large cylinder up the flight of stairs behind the clerk's desk.

((I didn't get your action when I wrote this roll. I only just now noticed it))

The mercenary then turns his eyes to the Astrologer by his side. "And if ya aren't going to help him fix the damages he caused, can we go somewhere safe? Really, shouldn't we just go somewhere and have the materials used in these cloaks returned to their original place? Because if that's the case, can't ya just help him?" he inquires, hiding Klein inside of his cloak and not seeming very pleased. Life really could be a bit easier.

Head to a safe place, questions about repairing the damages caused.

Astrologer: Well, he did assist a guild member and potentially save a couple of lives. I could commandeer some pawns to help patch up the burns on your building there.

You have a black Cloak of Ash (protects against Ashlight and fire)

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

As I singsong my response I move to a gap between the shelves and bolt through it and then down towards where the one is hiding in the back, but when I pull alongside the knifers I suddenly shift direction and slam myself against the shelf to knock it over on to them. once it is falling I don't wait to stand around watching the results, but instead resume my charge towards the one trying to stay out of combat.

If I make it to him, then I'm going to tackle him.

As you dash back, Efa stops you.
Efa: No need for tactics. I've got something that can deal with this... as long as I hit them that is.
[6][5] As you take cover, she reacts negatively to your presence, as if your being here messes with whatever power she is about to use.
Efa: Wait, are you interfering--no, I see now. You're a curious creature, aren't you?
*turns toward thieves*
There are memories deep inside the ego that are not meant to see the light of day. The human psyche is corrupt and frail, burying these thoughts and hiding from them rather than confronting them. But my kind remember all. We do not forget, and so these thoughts torment us hour after hour. Nonetheless, we press on despite our nightmares, twisting ancient dreams into weapons of our intellect. They no longer serve chaos, but order.

She removes her mitten to reveal pale skin beneath. Her fingers slide out of their joints temporarily to produce what looks like a bone dagger shaped like a corkscrew. She then thrusts the dagger into the nearest thief.
Note: Ashstorms affect ALL thoughtform, even indoors. (5+1)(2+1) The thief shrieks and falls to the floor. The other thieves hold back their assault for two seconds, before one of the knifers appears to say something and charges at Efa, who gasps audibly at the incoming attack. (you can hear Efa, but not the thieves).
The downed thief's body sprouts a red tentacle with white spots from its chest, wrapping itself around the charging bandit's foot.

Efa: Ah, I see. This one is a sentinel. It only guards. But they're the dreamers now, and I am their nightmare. Let's see if they can conquer their fears.
The corpse-tentacle pulls on the thief's leg with tremendous force, throwing him back into the crowd and knocking most of the bandits over. The only ones left standing are the one in the back and the one on the shelf.

The hooded thief in the back appears to be pulling out a black tome. The gunman is ready to shoot soon.

It is the 4th hour after noon. Ash is blazing bright in the azure sky, burning all exposed objects and adding +1 to all die in a thoughtform roll.
Expected end of Ashstorm: 7th hour.  (Next hour: Turn 32)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:33:44 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 27)
« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2015, 09:12:52 pm »

((holy shit, mushrooms are some serious business around these parts. Do all vegetables act like this? Are tentacles going to drag me away the next time I eat eggplant?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 25, 2015, 09:57:42 pm »

((holy shit, mushrooms are some serious business around these parts. Do all vegetables act like this? Are tentacles going to drag me away the next time I eat eggplant?))

((Perhaps some exotic magical eggplants from the forest might.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 26, 2015, 01:01:48 am »

The fight continues.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 26, 2015, 01:11:50 am »

Archae gifts a cloak to all of the people inside the slime bubble.

"Where is this...office?" He asks the astorloger.

"Not that I'm necessarily going to it."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 26, 2015, 01:17:31 am »

Archae gifts a cloak to all of the people inside the slime bubble.

"Where is this...office?" He asks the astorloger.

"Not that I'm necessarily going to it."

Astrologer: "Near the university, just across the street from the Arcane Library, assuming you know the place. I'll get em to let us all in. You're invited."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 26, 2015, 06:42:34 pm »

"This... could be very bad." Zikal turns to Lily. "What exactly do these 'forgotten' dreams become?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 26, 2015, 07:37:40 pm »

"This... could be very bad." Zikal turns to Lily. "What exactly do these 'forgotten' dreams become?"

Lily: Mmm... I dunno. There's usually lots of tentacles, creepy faces, and shadowy stuff. Humans are afraid of those sorts of things.

However, these memories are easily dispatched by giving them what they want. You see, they usually ask for something, whatever it is that the original guy wanted deep down in his heart. Or at least that's what I assume. I had one tentacle monster ask for his host's dead girlfriend. Wasn't happening, so I had to call the keepers... erm, the other spirits, so we could team up and get rid of the monster. I don't know what this one wants, you should ask it.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 26, 2015, 11:45:55 pm »

Archae dons his cloak, making sure to cover his supplies with it, and starts travelling to the Lake of Dreams.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 27, 2015, 02:31:17 pm »

Willhelm looks to the flower girl when she says he shouldn't eat the mushroom. "S-sorry." He then turns to the peasant(?). He opens and closes his fists, his mouth opening and closing as if trying to speak. Then he relaxes. His stance changes, head held high and back straight. He looks confident, arrogant almost.

"Then don't beat around the bush, vile spawn of darkness. You say I only remember your superficial appearance? I do not even recognize that. Out with it man, what is it you want from me?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 27, 2015, 02:50:46 pm »

The... thing replies.

Vile Spawn of Darkness: Ah, yes, what I want from you. Mortal, I demand that... wait... no. It can't be! What kind of man are you!?

The being, whether it truly feels pain or is simply putting on an act, clasps its palm over its face.
Vile Spawn of Darkness: I want your deepest desire! I want to... to become a champion of good and a defender of the weak.
It turns to Lily.
Vile Spawn of Darkness: Why do you do this to me? Lily, you are supposed to summon useful nightmares. You've made me an unbound nightmare, loyal to none of the Six. Now I have no choice but to follow the path to redemption.
Lily backs away.
Lily: Don't listen to that, I have nothing to do with this!
Vile Spawn of Darkness: But you do! You had a specific duty! Enough trying to hide it, I don't care about the keepers anymore... this isn't right. I have to do what's right.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 27, 2015, 04:30:07 pm »

Willhelm corsses his arms, looking at the vile spawn of darkness with a neutral face.

"Your sins stain the very ground you walk on, your path to redemption will be long. But lo, He is loving, He is compassionate, He is forgiving. Through your own efforts, your deeds of good may one day outweigh your sins, and He will cleanse your soul with His light."

He turns to Lily. He slumps a bit again, looking at the ground. He doesn't seem nearly as confident anymore.

"Done w-what?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 28, 2015, 04:15:33 pm »

Lily: Oh don't worry... we spirits just have natural knowledge of each other. This monster's just mad at me, that's all.
Vile Spawn of Darkness: That's not necessarily the full story.
Lily: Don't you dare tell them or the Lady will find out!
Vile Spawn of Darkness: The eyes of nature only see. They do not hear nor understand. There is no way the Lady can tell, even if the eyes are watching us right now.

[3][5] Surely enough, Wilhelm looks and sees an eye-shaped fruit hanging on a tree, staring in the direction of the party. The fruit promptly falls to the ground and disappears.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40