Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 84857 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)
« Reply #585 on: December 07, 2015, 05:10:20 pm »

Continue observing the man with the guitars. Also, did I not have enough time to buy the arrows and the leather armour last turn?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 07, 2015, 09:12:30 pm »

Continue observing the man with the guitars. Also, did I not have enough time to buy the arrows and the leather armour last turn?

((I made a mistake. Thanks))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 08, 2015, 06:33:29 am »

Wait and see where Efa goes first.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 11, 2015, 02:33:04 am »

"A prison run by the church? I've certainly heard stranger things."

Observe the crowd around the musicians, and the musicians themselves, further.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 11, 2015, 02:52:47 am »

Wait and see where Efa goes first.

Efa heads first... to the black market. She heads straight for it, almost as if she can sense where it is. The black market here is located in a cave near the edge of a city.
"I just need to check on something..."
As it turns out, there is an auction going on. The current item is a spell tome. Efa's voice takes on a hushed tone as she whispers.
"I think those are printed tomes they're selling. Not that I can tell from here. Do you think you could check on their stock backstage and check the writing?"

The cavern market is low and round, almost perfect for a clandestine gathering place. There are stalls and tents scattered around the middle, with storage crates and walkways around the sides. The auction is on the far side, away from the entrance, but around it there are crates and props set up which section off an area backstage. The auctioneer apparently goes backstage to retrieve his items.
There is an alternate entrance to the backstage, a clearing in the crates to either side. One side has a guard posted, but the other does not, although there's a group of cloaked figures conversing nearby.

"A prison run by the church? I've certainly heard stranger things."

Observe the crowd around the musicians, and the musicians themselves, further.

The whole apparatus connected to the guitars produces a pleasing bass sound to accompany the guitar's high-pitched noise. The guitarists in this part of the empire have developed a musical style in which short notes are strummed together rapidly as part of an aggressive riff pattern.

This particular group of guitarists is a travelling band, and they wear costumes decorated with animal bone and spikes ripped off trees. Each one has a mask, including the singer, whose mask much resembles a peacock's plumage, although there is additionally a cone around the mouth area to project the singer's voice.

There is a gathering of clergy nearby, who seem to be contemplating whether these performers should be removed. The current consensus is non-intervention.

"Why, yes I am. I hope this is not an old grudge to be settled." Leonhard replies humorously upon being addressed by the townsman. He isn't sure what it's about; he doesn't remember anything about what he might have done to the people who've been giving him revering looks. While at first he thought it might have been a simple mistake, the fact one of them is talking to him and has mentioned his name eliminates that possibility quite efficiently.

"Nay sir!" he shouts with an exclaimed look on his face. "You led the charge against our enemies at Ackleberg. For that, we must thank you wholeheartedly!"

The locals assemble, five in total.
"You protected our town's independence," says one.
"Without you, we wouldn't be here. We'd be subject to Duke Arnauld and his treacherous ways," says another.

"But," says the first, the one to ask your name. "We do have a small favor to ask. We neglected to ask others, because well... the Tarca corp. are the only mercenaries in port. And they charge a hell of a price. We need a leader of high caliber."
He continues. "We are about to stage a protest against the Willem's Guild in front of the city hall. Some of us carry arms, to protect ourselves from the Willem's thugs, who've known our monthly protests since last year. Would you lead our forces? There will certainly be no fighting when they learn a feared mercenary is on our side!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 11, 2015, 03:29:16 am »

"I'll try, but it will take some time. Ready yourself for me leaving your side."
action PM'd
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 51)
« Reply #591 on: December 15, 2015, 06:21:11 pm »

"I do believe that to protest peacefully and not be killed for doing it is a sacred right. Any specific reasons for the protest ya might get me informed of? I could also help with any negotiations in course." Leonhard replies, offering some help out of the kindness of his heart and the expectation of future favors to be collected.

In any case, do lead the protest with the assistance of the merc guard.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 15, 2015, 11:55:15 pm »

"I do believe that to protest peacefully and not be killed for doing it is a sacred right. Any specific reasons for the protest ya might get me informed of? I could also help with any negotiations in course." Leonhard replies, offering some help out of the kindness of his heart and the expectation of future favors to be collected.

In any case, do lead the protest with the assistance of the merc guard.

"Why of course! We came to this town because it offered its citizens the right to vote on major decisions. But the city council, as we have reason to believe, has been bribed by Willem's, or worse. Some of us posit blackmail, others say the Willem's Guild holds enough influence to organize a band of thugs stronger than the town militia! Anyhoo, they refuse to hold a referendum on their recent decision to allow Willem's Guild privileged access for dockyard construction. We merely wish to voice our opinion, and let the people see if their government be just or not."

Another one adds, "If we are successful in banishing the Guild from this town, we'll probably get our jobs back."
"Oh, that's right..." says the original speaker. "Most of us are unemployed. So we no longer have a vote on commercial matters. That's the other reason for the protest."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 16, 2015, 12:08:54 pm »

Go speak to the clergymen. Introduce myself respectfully with my name and the name of my cloister of origin and ask them if they can explain me what's going on.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 16, 2015, 01:02:12 pm »

"Sounds like good reasons. As long as the protest remains peaceful on our side, I'll help. Of course, if any thugs try to ruin the protest then I'll make sure they regret it."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 27, 2015, 08:44:59 pm »

Try to find the singer in the crowd.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 31, 2015, 02:13:17 am »

bump

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 31, 2015, 02:30:17 am »

I'm going to have to point out that I've kind of burned out writing in this particular setting. I planned too many big ideas without thinking things through, but now I feel like I'm coming up with random things for you all to do just to keep you busy.

I think I'll have to put this on hiatus until further notice. Sorry. It was a good run.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 05:01:12 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 31, 2015, 02:52:36 am »

Aww, Valyrie is by far my most unique character. And she hasn't even publicly revealed half of her mechanics yet. Oh well, maybe I'll get another rtd to join with freeform character creation sometime soon so I can resubmit her.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]